Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it would not happen, but I would like to see this style played.
I think this would be great as Eriksen could actually provide more from where he is and both he and Mason arrive in the box to put away a few. The service/creativeness from our midfield would improve imo, and maybe not be as easy to go through ( Lamela is feisty in there, as is Mason and I think the pressing form front game would work better)
Lamela plays across that middle and can also feed Kane/Chadli and that position could increase his goals.
A lot would depend on the full backs working hard defensively and timing the runs they make offensively.
[formation=41212, Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Chadli] [/formation]

I think this would be great as Eriksen could actually provide more from where he is and both he and Mason arrive in the box to put away a few. The service/creativeness from our midfield would improve imo, and maybe not be as easy to go through ( Lamela is feisty in there, as is Mason and I think the pressing form front game would work better)
Lamela plays across that middle and can also feed Kane/Chadli and that position could increase his goals.
A lot would depend on the full backs working hard defensively and timing the runs they make offensively.
[formation=41212, Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Chadli] [/formation]
Chadli and Mason out - Muniain and Camacho in

We're rocking

Like last season, the pairing of Bentaleb and Mason is going to be overrun most of the time. I will go with Dembele over Mason if we don't get any DM.

Like last season, the pairing of Bentaleb and Mason is going to be overrun most of the time. I will go with Dembele over Mason if we don't get any DM.
Yes, but I am picking a team based on the players we have.
Well I thought the worst time we over run in midfield was v Crystal Palace after we beat Chavs when Stambouli and Dembele were in midfield.
Everyone goes on about Mason being the weak link but when we were out done in midfield at Man U, which can happen, Bentaleb's was atrocious too and Walker was shit.

Just saying that imv that formation would be better suited to all. I don't think it would be so easily over run.
We played with Bentaleb and Mason for most of the season and did not get over run consistently.

Inexperience plays a part. You have a kid learning his game, yes he plays for Algeria but let's face it he wouldn't walk into the French team - and a EPL rookie in his first season who's getting used to it. I think Mason did very well. Fatigue also factored.
Look closely at Mason's stats and he's is not as bad defensively as everyone says. Compared to three mentioned for us: Slightly better than McCarthy defensively and better offensively. Far, far better than Nzonzi defensively (SN scored 2 more goals but 3 less assists ) makes more tackles than Sven Bender and is much better creatively.
If Mason upped his stats for interceptions by one a game, defensively he would be better than Bender ( statistically) and offensively is far superior with assists and goals anyway.
Mason makes more tackles per game than Bentaleb too, 1 less interception, but is far better offensively.
That tells me what we all know: Mason is naive positionally, but then he has to be in more places.
Maybe it will come with experience and can learn to be better at executing the cutting off of the passing lanes whilst not losing the other aspects of his game.
Yes we need a new midfielder, but be careful when asking for a CDM who is not able to be somewhat creative with his passing to play alongside Bentaleb.
I think we just need to bolster that area with an all rounder, like Mason but more experienced.
On both occasions v Woolwich we did not get over run in midfield.

Last edited:
Mason is a battler he gets in and around players and gets stuck in, hence the higher tackle rate and lower interceptions.

You want tacklers in pochs system with the high press not a bunch of twats standing off waiting for the other team to pass it to them...

If Mason was to not play this year bet half you idiots saying you would take any old cdm over him will be the first making noise about why he isnt playing. :gallashmm::lennon:

LEARN THE GAME. :avbfacepalm::avbshock::avbcringe::avbshit::dempsey::paulinhofacepalm::paulinhobored::pochfacepalm::soldadowatch:

There is a distinct lack of striking options available. I can't really think of a great deal of strikers who are available, or available at a price we can afford.

Llorente is one that wouldn't upset me but perhaps it's worth spending the extra five million and picking up Austin. Younger, already PL experienced and, as near as can be guaranteed, will score goals.

That said, I know nothing of Werner or others that are being banded about who aren't UK based.

Oooo! Georgios Samaras - I know him, let's buy him! He'd only cost a packet of Panini stickers and a hard boiled egg.

There is a distinct lack of striking options available. I can't really think of a great deal of strikers who are available, or available at a price we can afford.

Llorente is one that wouldn't upset me but perhaps it's worth spending the extra five million and picking up Austin. Younger, already PL experienced and, as near as can be guaranteed, will score goals.

That said, I know nothing of Werner or others that are being banded about who aren't UK based.

Oooo! Georgios Samaras - I know him, let's buy him! He'd only cost a packet of Panini stickers and a hard boiled egg.
I think Austin would do a job for us, especially as a 2nd/3rd choice. But after some peoples reactions to us signing Trippier, I can already see the 'lack of ambition' posts if we sign another player from a relegated team.

Who: Trix
Where: COYS
When: 10/7/2015

In response to - 'Are there any strikes on our radar or do we have to sell first?':

Trix : Yes and No

iuW8Z8z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom