Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama has been dropped from the matchday squad for Sunday’s game against Norwich City at St Mary’s.

The Mirror reports that the Kenyan is ‘refusing to back down’ as he looks to force through a move to Tottenham before Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

The report also states that Spurs will make a ‘strong attempt’ to bring the midfielder to White Hart Lane in the next 48 hours.
48 hours
48 hours
48 hours :dembelefingers:

When myself and Sammy said Ayew was a missed opportunity we were shouted down and mocked.

Ahem.. So.. As a small procrastination from reading what I'm supposed to read, I decided to become a TFC investigator and dig into this a little... First of, you didn't write A SINGLE post about Ayew prior to him signing for Swansea. If you were reading the forum before and shortly after his signing (10th June), you could read stuff like this:

I'll start by quoting myself (3rd June)
Danoir said:
I really hope the Ayew rumour is true.
LE_TK said:
Ayew on a free would be awesome
Hurri-Kane said:
Skysports have confirmed as well that he is on route to Swansea now. I still think he'd of done a job for us
Deuce said:
Ayew is a great pickup for them, sucks we didn't pursue harder.

You did, however, post this earlier this month (as part as a bigger discussion tbf)
So to be clear, you genuinely think Ayew is beneath us?

The reactions???

KickHerInTheSponge said:
No, I think he could make the first team. Just like Konoplyanka and Shaqiri. I just trust our scouting and new transfer policy

Flannerz said:
It baffles me that we didn't go for Ayew

ChiTownSpurs said:
We are going to end up with someone and I bet they will be better than Gestede and/or Ayew. If they aren't, I'll be disappointed in Levy

Oh my, the abuse you've gone through. I understand your outburst now:adebaehug:
See ya later :dwi:

Last edited:
My unofficial FM update had moved Fazio to West Brom for five million. I thought it was a done deal. :walkercry:

If Sky use FM I thought it was all true, I've been lied to:walker-scream:

Can,t come soon enough 2 more sleeps .
factory-windows-bricked-up-during-the-great-depression-minneapolis-1939.jpg

Weren't Everton linked with Fazio too?

Deadline day £40,000,000 Stones to Chelsea with Everton signing Fazio, we could potentially squeeze some money out of them

So less than 2 days left and we still could also have a decent number of outgoings ...

Maybe ... both Ade and Lennon (in one way or the other), possibly Fazio, Yedlin, and Carroll, hopefully Lamela?
Anything besides that would be a surprise to me.

Dembele has played under different managers and different systems, yet still hasn't nailed down a position, what does that tell you?!
He was great alongside Sandro in cm, but that was for about 4/5 months. He is THE most frustrating player, as he can glide past the opposition with ease, but has no cutting edge or end product. He's 28, got 2 years left on his contract, so we're running out of time to get a decent fee for him.
Part of me doesn't want to see him go in case he fulfils his potential somewhere else, although the fact that he hasn't fulfilled his potential at 28 prob means we should get rid.

He's a better player now than several of our first team squad, it's really that simple.

After heavily questioning Dier in CDM with countless others I think it's time we just relax and let do what he wants with the youngsters. He knows what he's doing and works with these players every day. Our two best players against Everton were Rose and Dier, Poch can be credited with the profession of both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom