Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may get an equal share but it has to go towards more than just transfers & the new stadium. There are many more costs. Remember mate we also have a new players lodge in the pipeline as well as the other costs.
The top four clubs & Liverpool all make more than we do as they are televised more.
We will make about £5m more than Southampton over the season and about £10m more than Spam. Yet Southampton have been in the negative last 2 years probably because , like us, they have been investing in improving the structure/facilities of the club.
Spam have only spent £20m of their suggested £78m TV money. How comes clubs like West Brom etc are not spending all their £50 odd million TV share on transfers?
We will also get at least £10m less than the top 4 clubs & Liverpool.
I'd say Man U are the only club to have spent all - and more - of their allotted TV money in the last couple of summers.

Our lack of spending the last 5 years has seen us finish consistently above all those who have spent more in the last 5 years bar last seasons top 4 teams.
I wouldn't worry. We have been through much worse.
You'll only have to wait a few more years and the investment company will have done their investing and sell on at a profit. They will have a given the next buyers a club with one of the best training/accommodation centres in Europe, a SOA stadium and a team that has, hopefully by then, not been out the top 6 in 8 years.

I was only answering about WBA not necessarily having to sell. Unlike ENIC when we're a much bigger asset as you say.

I'm ever so excited about the signing of Son. He looks like something we've been lacking since Bale.. Pace, finishing and can play anywhere across the front line. I'm not saying he will be as good as Bale, but he is certainly an exciting player.

Winger down, Striker to go.. number 9 is still free.. It will happen.
Haven't been this excited since Lamela and Soldado....

I'll get my coat...

So roughly so far:

Ins
Wimmer = 4.3m
Trippier = 3.5m
Alderweireld = 11.5m
N'Jie = 10m
Son = 18m

Total = 47.3m

Outs
Paulinho = 10m
Holtby = 4.5m
Capoue = 6m
Kaboul = 3m
Soldado = 8m
Chiriches = 4.5m
Stambouli = 6m
Frederiks = 500k

Total = 42.5m

So roughly so far:

Ins
Wimmer = 4.3m
Trippier = 3.5m
Alderweireld = 11.5m
N'Jie = 10m
Son = 18m

Total = 47.3m

Outs
Paulinho = 10m
Holtby = 4.5m
Capoue = 6m
Kaboul = 3m
Soldado = 8m
Chiriches = 4.5m
Stambouli = 6m
Frederiks = 500k

Total = 42.5m

Fazio and Lennon to go, Ade's wages too if poss.

Maybe Lamela out and another 1 in, or....

Wanyama/Bender
Austin/Beharino/Amazing Striker

So N'Jie might still not be ready for tomorrow, don't get that, surely he was training before? Son maybe not cleared yet either.

Fucking annoying if we're waiting until middle of Sept to see them.

Really need a win tomorrow and then hope the new boys bed in and gel quickly, giving us some more impetus and fright-factor. Hope, hope, hope haha.

Fazio and Lennon to go, Ade's wages too if poss.

Maybe Lamela out and another 1 in, or....

Wanyama/Bender
Austin/Beharino/Amazing Striker
I think Fazio, Lennon and Ade being shifted will allow us to bring in a Striker. Adding Carroll and Lamela to that could possibly bring in a DM too (but i don't have high hopes for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom