Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all gone quiet with regards Benteke. His injury shouldn't have him completely ignored (neither his quieter season - which was completely distracted by injury).

Unfortunately, yes it should. With that kind of injury, there's a very good reason there's not even a single link out there pertaining to him. Arguably an even worse injury than the infamous "unhappy triad."

So I've got a classic ITK story here:

I was at the gym with my sisters boyfriend who went to Prague to play golf with his old Uni teacher who has become a golf coach and regularly teaches high profile people. He recently taught an agent (can't remember who's) but the agent was adamant Bony to Spurs is happening this Summer, the golf coach has even put a grand on it apparently.

Lol

Edit: Didn't know where else to post this, this kid can potentially move on to some great things.

Yedlin has an engine like Walker's.
Love his racing back to stop Hazard & those gut-busting 60-yard sprints.
I don't think anybody can overhit it when passing to him.

Thing is, he needs to play every week.
Hope that's in Seattle for one more year as I'm moving come September.

:freund:

Last edited:
This window is really starting to annoy me. Haven't even been linked to Damaio once FFS. What's the point even?

Is this a good thing or a bad thing are we learning the wrong lessons from last season spending spree. Is levy gonna unleash the wallet post world cup or is ponch wanting a full review of the squad before he strikes.

If he is looking to review the whole squad, we are looking at picking up the crumbs from the transfer table!.

Last year we had Bale money, so an early spending spree was lightly undertaken. This year we don't have that luxury. We also don't have the luxury of attracting players that might well have gone to Champion's League clubs because they were told they'd 'play with Bale' (signing Paulinho was dubbed a 'coup'; Soldado, believe it or not, had smashed up La Liga; Lamela, 'Serie A's Bale' move should have been a (bigger) step up from Roma). We don't have that this year; quite the opposite, in fact, Spurs must look like a mental club to join for all those young talents who want to make their name in England. I mean, we got a nice gym, but still...

Not trying to be negative, just saying I don't expect any pleasant surprises this window. Lukaku at £20m+, for instance. It'll be *maybe Ben Davies and that Lascelles guy from Nottingham Forest, and maybe Remy, if he deigns to play for us over playing second fiddle to Alexi Sanchez at Woolwich, his out-and-out favourite, by the way.

Clubs outside the Top Four must be canny; we can't spend £32m+ on a single player each window. We need to find the hidden gems, and to be fair, Levy has shown he can do that: Berbatov, Modric, Bale – most recently, Eriksen gave us more goals and assists than Ozil for a fraction of the price.

It will be crumbs, as anything we offer Arse Liverpool Napoli whoever can say 'yeah, what they said but more wages and CL'. We just gotta find the tasty crumbs.

so he's gone from us or them scouse cunts to them racist facist cunts down the road? http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-for-ukraine-international-yevhen-konoplyanka

Don't pay any attention to that old Pony.
The Dildo Bros are famous for putting in ghost bids, they do it every window.
They let it known that they've put in a big bid in for a sought after player so their gullible ignorant fans get all excited, when they lose out the braindead Morons say at least we tried and we showed ambition.
They dont actually put these bids in, they just pretend and let it leak to some press quarter.

Birmingham fans warned Spam this is what they do and it is exactly what they've done every window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom