Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the Rose Naughton point. Sandro and Daws, because I think there gone anyway, not that I want them to go. Livermore of course has gone. But I can not take another season of Lennon! I just can't!! Other than this, I agree. LB, CB, but I would like to see Bony or the likes of him at The Lane. So in theory, it would be 5 out, 3 in!

COYS!!

I understand that!! But I would say look at the bigger picture. What value would you say Utd got out of Ferdinand after paying 30mill for him over a decade ago? I see Stones as a similar type of investment. More so even because this boy is assured at RB and CB and imo, will only get better. I really do believe if we got him for that sort of money, it would be a bargin!

COYS!!

Wouldn't pay too much attention to the British press linking you guys to Yacine Brahimi. Only The Mirror reported it and they think he still plays for Rennes (hasn't for two years). Porto and Udinese the likelier destinations for him.

Will let you guys know if things change on that front.

Gentlemen. If you are going to waffle on for ages about players we probably won't sign in a system we'll be really unlikely to play can you fucking well spell it right? Does my nut in and makes you sound like a seven year old trying to explain the offside rule interspersed by machine gun and car noises otherwise. It's not too much to ask is it? No? THANKS THEN.

Gentlemen. If you are going to waffle on for ages about players we probably won't sign in a system we'll be really unlikely to play can you fucking well spell it right? Does my nut in and makes you sound like a seven year old trying to explain the offside rule interspersed by machine gun and car noises otherwise. It's not too much to ask is it? No? THANKS THEN.

Time of the month sweetheart?

:llorisserious:

LUKAKU.

Doubt it'll happen anyway, so not worth even starting a new thread, but I see a lot of guys on here putting Lukaku in their provisional line-ups for next season. Also, tabloids are suggesting a £20m offer is to be made.

What do we think?

I'm ambivalent. He's a great player, that's obvious. But to consider the off-field situation:

- Chelski will make us pay through the nose (Them and Levy don't get on); can we spend £20+ better elsewhere?
- Lukaku seems set on the Champion's League: so he already seems to think he's too big for us – if it looks like we won't make 4th, will he will (his agent) push for a move?
- He seems to be difficult to please. Understand he's pissed off with Chelski, but could be a bad influence on dressing room…

Thoughts?

It's all gone quiet with regards Benteke. His injury shouldn't have him completely ignored (neither his quieter season - which was completely distracted by injury).

Is this a good thing or a bad thing are we learning the wrong lessons from last season spending spree. Is levy gonna unleash the wallet post world cup or is ponch wanting a full review of the squad before he strikes.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing are we learning the wrong lessons from last season spending spree. Is levy gonna unleash the wallet post world cup or is ponch wanting a full review of the squad before he strikes.
If he is looking to review the whole squad, we are looking at picking up the crumbs from the transfer table!.

It's dull, I like new things, I buy new things when I get bored.

Last years mistakes could become this years if we don't get anyone to replace Rose, Soldado etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom