Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
not so sure on the reliability of my source. Due to Eriksen's links with his previous club Ajax and playing for Denmark; I have been told with great confidence that we are looking at Simon Kjaer and Stefano Denswil as new cb options.
Dawson is believed to be making way and if correct, we will have great depth with Vertonghen, Kaboul, Chiriches and the two mentioned Cbs.
As I said, not prepared to say In the Know but if true, we can expect great things for Spurs...

Yes she was. I was willing to discredit the random guy who first mentioned it, but now their seems to be some smoke. I don't get this at fucking all. Replacing one senior CB in today's market is :wall:, replacing two is complete and utter insanity. And especially since Vlad's athleticism would allow him to do well under Poch's weird setup with his CB's.

Maybe he's not been promised first choice, and therefore wants out?
*Swapping*:levyeyes:

Respectfully disagree.

Sandro has suffered with injuries and fitness last season - why is it ok for Lamela to be given a second chance by the fans but write a Brazilian international off?
I'm not advocating for Sandro to leave. Simply stating that between the two, I'd rather see Vlad stay.

I may be a little different than a lot of others, but I don't hold last year's performances against most of the players. The reality is that almost nobody had a really solid year, at least I don't think. Eriksen and Lloris were the shining stars for me, but that's about it. So, as for Sandro, I still like him and rate him highly but I just don't see the upside for him that I do for others. Maybe that's fair and maybe it's not, but I could see a Capoue fitting better into the few glimpses we can see of Poch's system. He can press well, looks to be slightly more comfortable on the ball and passing, and can be a strong, defensive presence in the middle like Sandro.

Because Sandro's injury is tissue that cannot regenerate well, while Lamela's was the most regenerative and remodeling tissue in the body. Know your shit, noob.
Excuse me, what son?

Hahahaha - is this info from your bum-chum Jetset or are you on our Medical staff payroll? Either way - I hope you know how ignorant that sounds

As much as I hate to say it (considering that I felt a left winger should be the priority, imo), I think we really need to focus on getting this CB issued resolved. Daws isn't making the cut anymore. And I don't like these rumblings about Vlad going on. Poch maybe can push us through with what we already have in the attacking dept, but this defense atm will cost us. We need to get at least 1 or 2 center backs now, depending on what happens.

Because Sandro's injury is tissue that cannot regenerate well, while Lamela's was the most regenerative and remodeling tissue in the body. Know your shit, noob.
Ligaments vs. Muscular damage?

Just asking, because I hope you know how strangely worded that post was.

Fuck yea, we've not had a player with that kind of outstanding eye for fashion since Pav left. Bale was moving in that direction before he moved to Madrid.
bsx8-gbicaaf5rp.jpg

Respectfully disagree.

Sandro has suffered with injuries and fitness last season - why is it ok for Lamela to be given a second chance by the fans but write a Brazilian international off?

Let's sign Brazilian internationals Jo and Fred. They are probably good too just because they are Brazilian internationals.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point about Sandro but the idea that a player is good because they are an international isn't really true in modern football. Jake Livermore for example. Plus, Sandro didn't even make a Brazil team that was full of players not at our level. Not exactly a selling point.

Yes - you're passing opinion on medical knowledge which you're clearly lacking beyond some blog post on Sqwaka or whatever stats you jerk off to these days

An opinion? Clearly lacking in medical knowledge? Or maybe I can read articles, and apply my knowledge as a medical student to make logical inductions?

It's believed Lamela had a vertebral injury due to his torn muscle problems.

It is known Sandro tore his ACL.

Bone heals much faster than cartilage due to its remodeling capacity, and the fact it is vascular while cartilage is not. I have cited a very easy to read link for you should you choose to read up on the matter: http://www.siumed.edu/~dking2/ssb/skeleton.htm#development

What a shitty manner of interacting with your fellow man it is to cunt someone off and then imply they do not have knowledge on a matter, when in truth it is you who are "clearly lacking" knowledge on said matter? Surely even you can comprehend the degree of deliberate ignorance this suggests?

What a shitty manner of interacting with your fellow man it is to cunt someone off and then imply they do not have knowledge on a matter, when in truth it is you who are "clearly lacking" knowledge on said matter? Surely even you can comprehend the degree of deliberate ignorance this suggests?
Go look at your first response to me for the definition of 'shitty' - Gibbsy was right about you after all, I guess.

We don't know the truth about Lamela's injury bar some bullshit speculations and PR-modelled articles but regarding Sandro's knee - that was ages ago and full ACL recovery is well documented in the past, especially at younger age (sub-30) - choosing to sell him over that would be the equivalent of putting your car up for sale because your windscreen cracked - there is no concrete precedent his performance would be greatly affected (every player recovers differently) - quite the contrary in fact. But wait, Lamela is one of your favourite players and Sandro isn't so I'm sure you'll now go and find me some medical links of sports players collapsing on the field following knee surgery so this is pretty much pointless as your mind on the player is made up

Let's sign Brazilian internationals Jo and Fred. They are probably good too just because they are Brazilian internationals.

I don't necessarily disagree with your point about Sandro but the idea that a player is good because they are an international isn't really true in modern football. Jake Livermore for example. Plus, Sandro didn't even make a Brazil team that was full of players not at our level. Not exactly a selling point.
Difference is, mate - Sandro has proven he can perform at an international level - whereas those other jokers have the odd cameo here and there - hence the context of my initial post

An ACL is far far more than a cracked windscreen, it's more like a head gasket failure, in that in many cases it's a weakness that will fail again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom