Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be truth to this, when Sandro was injured he went back to Brazil for treatment and Vertonghen was in Amsterdam for physio during his last spell out (according to his insta). Baffled me as to why this treatment couldn't have been carried out by our own team? Maybe people are more comfortable being told these things in their own language?

People will always hark back to muamba and they should always be remembered and respected for their actions that day. But first aid and treating a long term sports injury are two very different things. I they aren't up to scratch they need to be replaced and hopefully given the sort of severance package that will set them up for a long time

People will always hark back to muamba and they should always be remembered and respected for their actions that day. But first aid and treating a long term sports injury are two very different things. I they aren't up to scratch they need to be replaced and hopefully given the sort of severance package that will set them up for a long time

Severance package, you say? :levylol:

Formations:
4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond)
4-3-3
4-2-3-1

Keepers:
Lloris
A new signing

Left Backs:
Rose
A new signing
Centre Backs:
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Dawson
A new signing

Right Backs:
Walker
A new signing

Defensive Midfielders:
Sandro
Capoue

Central Midfielders:
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb

Attacking Midfielders:
Eriksen
Holtby
Caroll

Right Wingers:
Lamela
A new signing

Left Wingers:
Townsend
Chadli

Strikers:
Soldado
Adebayor
A new signing

This is what i expect to see as a squad for next season, I don't know who will be coming in as that will be speculative at best.

Bought:
Keeper
Left Back
Right Back
Centre Back
Right Winger
Striker

Sold:
Gomes
Friedel
Naughton
Kaboul
Sigurdsson
Lennon

Loaned:
Veljkovic
Fredericks
Fryers
Kane

Last edited:
Keepers:
Lloris
A new signing

I agree completely. I want a young one who plays similarly to Lloris and can learn under him.

Left Backs:
Rose
A new signing

Very much needed. Probably selling Fryers because he is getting too old for U21s and isn't good enough, at the few times i've seen him, for us.

Right Backs:
Walker
A new signing

Why? Naughton is a fine RB backup. I see no problems with Naughton. I do not want him backing up LB, but he is very servicable as RB. If we sell him we'd get at most, imo, 4m. That 4m cannot buy a current better player and we don't need a young one for the future because we have Walker and young RBs in our own system.

Defensive Midfielders:
Sandro
Capoue
Central Midfielders:
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb
Attacking Midfielders:
Eriksen
Holtby
Caroll

8 Midfield players for 3 spots? That's a bit too much... I don't know how to deal with this, but i cannot see this lasting. Maybe Carroll and Bentaleb get loaned out to PL teams next season? I don't know.

Right Wingers:

Lamela
A new signing

A bit harsh on Lennon. Hasn't been great this year, but he is still pretty young at 26 (turning 27 in April). I'd rather we bring in a left winger than a right winger. Between Lennon and Lamela i feel like whatever is needed for that particular game or for our particular style one of them can cover it. Two totally different options.

Left Wingers:

Townsend
Chadli

I'm okay with this, but our left side will be far weaker than our right.

Strikers:

Soldado
Adebayor
A new signing

I'm hoping for the new signing to be the number striker instead of the number three striker.

Bought:
Keeper
Left Back
Centre Back
Striker

Sold:
Gomes
Friedel
Kaboul
Sigurdsson
Fryers

Loaned:
Veljkovic
Fredericks
Carroll
Bentaleb

Kane

Formations:
4-1-2-1-2 (Diamond)
4-3-3
4-2-3-1

Keepers:
Lloris
A new signing

Left Backs:
Rose
A new signing
Centre Backs:
Vertonghen
Chiriches
Dawson
A new signing

Right Backs:
Walker
A new signing

Defensive Midfielders:
Sandro
Capoue

Central Midfielders:
Paulinho
Dembele
Bentaleb

Attacking Midfielders:
Eriksen
Holtby
Caroll

Right Wingers:
Lamela
A new signing

Left Wingers:
Townsend
Chadli

Strikers:
Soldado
Adebayor
A new signing

This is what i expect to see as a squad for next season, I don't know who will be coming in as that will be speculative at best.

Bought:
Keeper
Left Back
Right Back
Centre Back
Right Winger
Striker

Sold:
Gomes
Friedel
Naughton
Kaboul
Sigurdsson
Lennon

Loaned:
Veljkovic
Fredericks
Fryers
Kane
HcZTOqB.jpg

Is this not an admission of tapping up? Such a classless bunch of cunts.
(Mugging of his own keeper here a bit too)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Woolwich-transfer-news-hugo-lloris-3132436

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom