Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha-ha, the legalised ticket touts are out already. As I expected, the tickets for the Woolwich home match are already up on StubHub for eye-watering prices.

Most expensive Adult so far - £575.00 x 3.
Cheapest Adult - £172.50 x 2.

I've a 'friend' who would like to know what the cheapest child would cost....?
wenger_1602461c.jpg

Just seen this kicking off on Twitter as Jimmy alluded to..

Seems they're monitoring a lot of accounts and certainly rustling a few feathers. If this was to be serious, I think some of those accounts have a lot of followers who know a lot of people; if Spurs are actively banning face-value transactions between fans while encouraging overpriced touting then there's going to be a nationwide fucking shitstorm and we are gonna have some terrible, terrible PR about.

Just seen this kicking off on Twitter as Jimmy alluded to..

Seems they're monitoring a lot of accounts and certainly rustling a few feathers. If this was to be serious, I think some of those accounts have a lot of followers who know a lot of people; if Spurs are actively banning face-value transactions between fans while encouraging overpriced touting then there's going to be a nationwide fucking shitstorm and we are gonna have some terrible, terrible PR about.

Good. For the sake of all football fans.

SnubHub update.

The legalised ticket touts have reduced their asking prices for the cheapest ones:

Now - £149.50 Adult or £166.50 Junior.

Most expensive, a still a snip at - £575.00 each x 6.

Its probably cheaper to hire an executive box at WHL for the day, including a champagne reception, prawn sandwiches and your own servant.

We'll push this properly but for now can any of you with twitter/facebook join this...

[raw]<iframe frameborder='0' height='540px' src='https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/8562-stop-stubhub-at-tottenham/embed' width='250px'></iframe>[/raw]

Some strange activity on there this afternoon. I was checking it out throughout the morning in case any really cheap tickets appeared for tonight (£32.20 the cheapest i saw - still too dear for me to consider). Anyway until 3pm ish it was still showing 300ish tickets available from around £40 & then at 3.15pm there was only ONE left (£69 west lower).
If there is a cut-off time (which is the only reason why 300 tickets would disappear?) why is there still one left?
yeah thee's a cut off time mate, my Dad tried to get me one for the Palace game as he'd used my membership for his mate. He was about to to get one on the cheap and when the page refreshed they'd all disappeared so he emailed them and they replied saying it's something like 5 hours before KO.

As far as im aware only two games havent gone to general sale in the last two years.Members have had the opportunity to buy tickets.
under the ticket exchange, St holder lost out.The club failed to find a fair way to sell them.
The season we appointed Jol, there was no St waiting list, where were these fans clamerbering for ticket then.Was it because, we were shit.I bought 3 kids st on the opening day of the season.

As far as im aware only two games havent gone to general sale in the last two years.Members have had the opportunity to buy tickets.
under the ticket exchange, St holder lost out.The club failed to find a fair way to sell them.
The season we appointed Jol, there was no St waiting list, where were these fans clamerbering for ticket then.Was it because, we were shit.I bought 3 kids st on the opening day of the season.

id just started secondary school. I didn't know such thing as a season ticket existed.

Anyone know who this chancer is advertising their seat for excess of £1.1m?

Unlimited food and soft drinks, cannot be true. The ticket price seems quite reasonable if your name's Donald Trump.

Sun
16 Mar

Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Tickets
16:00 GMT at White Hart Lane in London, UK

View more listings for this event
Driving directions, parking & more
Section: Lower East Corner 31
Seats: Row 12 | Seats 204 (Your seats will be together)
Quantity: 1
Ticket class: All adult - 16-64
Seller comments: Includes unlimited food and soft drinks
How you'll get your tickets: Pickup - Event day
Pick up your tickets at the venue
Postal delivery is not available for your address [Why?]

Price per ticket:
£1,149,998.86 GBP

Last edited:
Jesus what a wretched response... so basically they're saying that they don't believe that Stubhub is ticket touting.
"A club spokesman" said:
“Stubhub is an officially recognised, outsourced, direct replacement for the Exchange system which was previously operated by the club. Only season ticket holders can sell their seats on the Stubhub platform and this can only happen once a game has sold out. The system has been open for the majority of our games although for many fixtures this has been after tickets have reached general sale status, meaning that all One Hotspur members that wished to purchase a ticket for these games had an opportunity to do so directly from the club.

"Stubhub is a self-regulating marketplace, where Spurs season ticket holders set the price - this is about Spurs fans selling to Spurs fans. We always encourage our season ticket holders to price their tickets sensibly when listing them for sale when they are unable to attend a match.

“We have had a strong stance against touting over a number of seasons and will continue to do so in the future – this is in no way affected by having the deal with Stubhub in place, nor should the Stubhub ticket facility be confused with this practice. Stubhub provides a safe and secure platform backed by their guarantee that the buyer is guaranteed a legitimate match ticket. At every match we deal with supporters, often from overseas, who have been the victim of unofficial websites or illegal street ‘touts’. These people have usually paid large amounts of money for tickets that usually don’t exist or are occasionally forgeries and unfortunately are unable to attend the match they intended. It is important to stress the club receives no money from transactions carried out on Stubhub.

"All tickets purchased for matches at White Hart Lane in the home end are for Spurs fans only, as per our terms and conditions, and this also applies to all tickets sold through Stubhub. Anyone found to be supporting the visiting team faces being refused entry or ejected from the stadium.

“As with all supporter related activity, we continue to monitor the activity on the Stubhub facility and, in conjunction with Stubhub, are reviewing the current system.”

I've been looking at this

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.u...erate__strong__stance_against_ticket_touting/

One thing that strikes me as odd is how much they pride themselves on the fact that only season ticket holders with tickets for games that are sold out can sell on Stubhub. That's not something to be proud of That's fucking moronic. That's like starting a game of monopoly where the money is split 50 50 But one person gets all the property.

The only person that will win is season ticket holders. They've been given a golden ticket and an auction house and told to go wild.

Perhaps if when they want to sell their Ticket to some game that isn't sold out, and no one is willing to pay more than half the price for a ticket it would balance things out.

However... Then the people with the tickets are just going to charge more for the sold out games. Which is probably why they implemented that rule in the first place.

The whole thing is a complete joke.

I've been looking at this

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.u...erate__strong__stance_against_ticket_touting/

One thing that strikes me as odd is how much they pride themselves on the fact that only season ticket holders with tickets for games that are sold out can sell on Stubhub. That's not something to be proud of That's fucking moronic. That's like starting a game of monopoly where the money is split 50 50 But one person gets all the property.

The only person that will win is season ticket holders. They've been given a golden ticket and an auction house and told to go wild.

Perhaps if when they want to sell their Ticket to some game that isn't sold out, and no one is willing to pay more than half the price for a ticket it would balance things out.

However... Then the people with the tickets are just going to charge more for the sold out games. Which is probably why they implemented that rule in the first place.

The whole thing is a complete joke.

I could not agree with you more.

I could not agree with you more.

i think theres definitely a market for something like Stubhub, however.. stub hub is a business. They're going to want to make money and the only way it will happen is if a buyer or seller loses out. If you could just return a ticket and get a refund, it would be so much simpler. Tickets shouldn't be a commodity. The ticket exchange was basically exactly what i described. But alas... money talks.

I did return a ticket for the man city game (dad couldn't make it health issues) and it was refunded pronto, although I'm only an e member so that probably doesn't count. Anyway just been looking at the Tottenham site and managed to get a ticket for the Cardiff game in March (not using stub hub), just goes to show you got to keep looking and they do pop up.

Back
Top Bottom