Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SMASH THESE CUNTS!!!!

LET DA JUJU SWALLOW YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Hamatsa_shaman2.jpg

59.jpg

How you haven't got sin binned for this is incredible. Took a risk there, son.

Weakest team possible. I have really low expectations of our ability to win a cup this year and maintain we should try and grab 4th when it is actually a realistic goal. Both 3rd and 4th are there for the taking this season be foolish not try and capitalise on it. Can't be dropping any more points vs lower half teams anymore. Woolwich are no doubt going to go on an another 10 game winning streak.

Last edited:
Strongest team possible. I have really low expectations of our ability to win a cup this year and maintain we should try and grab 4th when it is actually a realistic goal. Both 3rd and 4th are there for the taking this season be foolish not try and capitalise on it. Can't be dropping any more points vs lower half teams anymore. Woolwich are no doubt going to go on an another 10 game winning streak.
This is a cup game, so it's difficult to drop points. :paulinhofacepalm:

Strongest available side for everything. I'm sure there will be changes but please not to the possible detriment of progressing on all fronts. A trophy this year would be fantastic- whichever one of the 3 we are still left in- & preferably all 3! The difficulty is that even if we beat Sheffield & get to the final, we could still very easily come away from Wembley empty handed, & still be out of the FA cup if we don't go in with our strongest possible team for each match. Poch will have this all planned out, I'm sure but talk of dropping & resting players could easily backfire & leave us struggling in these games & possibly losing them. Games that are a struggle can leave players more physically & emotionally drained than playing more games in which they are a relatively easy nights work. Plus, losing games is a bad habit to get into.

Strongest available side for everything. I'm sure there will be changes but please not to the possible detriment of progressing on all fronts. A trophy this year would be fantastic- whichever one of the 3 we are still left in- & preferably all 3! The difficulty is that even if we beat Sheffield & get to the final, we could still very easily come away from Wembley empty handed, & still be out of the FA cup if we don't go in with our strongest possible team for each match. Poch will have this all planned out, I'm sure but talk of dropping & resting players could easily backfire & leave us struggling in these games & possibly losing them. Games that are a struggle can leave players more physically & emotionally drained than playing more games in which they are a relatively easy nights work. Plus, losing games is a bad habit to get into.

Poch rotated for the previous F.A cup game and I expect he will for this one, it's not realistic to expect our first 11 players to be able to handle playing this many games without risking injury/fatigue.

For me we have the highest chance of winning the League Cup so that should take priority, Given the huge size of our sqaud we should be able to play Leicester with a similar team to the one we put out against Burnley and win, it's I assume the reaosn why we have a large squad.

It's no coincidence we've seen players like Pauli, Ade and Capoue come back into the fray lately. They've seen our form without them, none have been heavily linked away during this transfer window, and they all know they've got to improve to get into our first team. The cups are a perfect stage for them to prove they want to play for Spurs.

I'm not one for fielding weakened sides, I think you should always go with your strongest selection available (obviously taking fitness/fatigue into account) but we have the squad depth to cope with this. Not one Leicester player would get in our B-team by my reckoning, so if we put in the performance the result should be safe.

Give Vorm, Yedlin, Dier, Chiriches, Paulinho, Onomah & Adebayor starts. Mix in some regulars with those. Wouldn't say it's a "B" team, more guys who need a run out for different reasons.

Dier, Vorm & Paulinho have shown a little in their last few appearances,
Chiriches & Ade to put in the shop window & also to find some sort of form,
Yedlin & Onomah a perfect fixture to blood them in with enough quality alongside them that they should adapt well

No idea. There's only two official rules: No insulting each other, no off topic arguments. Yet every time Mad Yid posts a nude he gets binned, I have no idea what
the ins and outs of it are.

Yeah you strike me as the type who would read the forum rules.

I'm having a stab in the dark here jayc, are you a student?

Vorm, Yedlin, Dier, Chiriches, Rose, Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli (if he's back), Lamela, Soldado, Adebayor

That's something like what I'd play. Gives plenty of people rest as well as players who haven't played much a chance to impress. We played a full team on Wednesday, and will need them for the 2nd leg, as well as the WBA game next weekend, so there simply has to be changes for this one. That team should be more than good enough to beat Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom