Spurs player called up to England Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just did a quick search of the last couple of England squads and saw what midfielders actually got picked! Fabian bloody Delph, Barkley, Downing? Mason is a shoe in.

I wonder if it will be the same for Dier, England have bugger all Centre backs these days. Only position England are strong in now is the forwards weirdly enough (Kane, Sturridge, Ings, Austin, Berahino, Sterling).

Just did a quick search of the last couple of England squads and saw what midfielders actually got picked! Fabian bloody Delph, Barkley, Downing? Mason is a shoe in.

I actually quite like Delph but Mason on current form is a better option than him.

Tomo Tomo

I like the look of Stones aswell, but he's made quite a lot of mistakes this season, obviously playing in a team with as little confidence as Everton doesn't help him, but on merit Dier is ahead of him in my opinion. I could see the both of them being a pretty decent partnership at some point in the future.

I actually quite like Delph but Mason on current form is a better option than him.

Tomo Tomo

I like the look of Stones aswell, but he's made quite a lot of mistakes this season, obviously playing in a team with as little confidence as Everton doesn't help him, but on merit Dier is ahead of him in my opinion. I could see the both of them being a pretty decent partnership at some point in the future.

Thought about Dier and Stones for England long term, their pace means England could play a high line. I assume Hodgson will just choose experience and pipe for Cahill and Jagielka at the moment.

Kane, Townsend, Walker.

All others will miss out.

Hodgson is a clueless cunt, and will pick the same old boys to play that monotonous style he calls football.

He needs sacking so that someone with half a sense of adventure can get the best out of the young lads coming into the squad.

I think Ward-Prowse could possibly also get a call-up, he's been immense for Southampton this season.

As for Downing, he's back to his usual self after his 3 months purple patch and shouldn't be in the squad. Not that Townsend should either

I think Ward-Prowse could possibly also get a call-up, he's been immense for Southampton this season.

As for Downing, he's back to his usual self after his 3 months purple patch and shouldn't be in the squad. Not that Townsend should either

Rate Ward-Prowse and considering the derth of talent in the centre he would be a good call, Mason as well. Amazing to think that clubs above us in the league right now have almost no English players of note in the centre. Carrick and Henderson I guess, Milner can cover the centre but not ideal, very barren indeed.

Change "last couple of seasons" to "last game" and I'll agree. He was unplayable vs QPR.

Come on significantly over the last couple of seasons is an overstatement. If anything under AVB and Tim he went backwards.

Long may the Poch effect continue on Danny Rose. I do think the lineups/tactics are helping his game too.
He didn't play against QPR?

I have concerns for him playing for a below par England side. Its just a thought....
An England call up is good and players come back to their club better for the experience.
For Rose, he needs to improve his decision making, he often makes the wrong call and gets caught out.
England games are fewer and mistakes are much more scrutinised so for Rose, if he doesn't improve in his decision making, may have a negative experience with England. He probably will not start any game soon so no problem there. He will need to improve to become a regular?

Spurs training session
26F2D5A600000578-3009120-image-a-44_1427199047066.jpg
26F20E3400000578-3009120-image-a-42_1427198329152.jpg
26F206C400000578-3009120-image-a-41_1427198233537.jpg
26F2122B00000578-3009120-image-m-40_1427198205862.jpg
26F213E900000578-3009120-The_21_year_old_striker_jogs_alongside_Rooney_and_uncapped_Totte-m-2_1427201369525.jpg
26F20CA300000578-3009120-image-m-34_1427198084724.jpg

Does anyone ever have moments when they sort of realise just how weird being a football fan is?

I just had one when i saw those pictures. Seeing Mason Rose and Harry fucking Kane training with england is by far the highlight of my day so far... essentially its just a group of complete strangers that have had a promotion at work.. yet i feel like a proud dad.

Yeah, I had a similar feeling - it was weird. Kind of protective - ha ha, fucking ridiculous, I know.
A couple of years ago a girl i was going out with kept saying to me how proud she was of some guy that won I'm a celebrity get me out of her. And i slated her for it and called her "an absolute fucking loser" and its just dawned on me that what I'm doing is probably worse. Definitely getting a bit sentimental in my old age.

Back
Top Bottom