Spurs player called up to England Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me he has come on significantly the last couple of seasons

Change "last couple of seasons" to "last game" and I'll agree. He was unplayable vs QPR.

Come on significantly over the last couple of seasons is an overstatement. If anything under AVB and Tim he went backwards.

Long may the Poch effect continue on Danny Rose. I do think the lineups/tactics are helping his game too.

Does anyone ever have moments when they sort of realise just how weird being a football fan is?

I just had one when i saw those pictures. Seeing Mason Rose and Harry fucking Kane training with england is by far the highlight of my day so far... essentially its just a group of complete strangers that have had a promotion at work.. yet i feel like a proud dad.

Rose, Walker, Kane and Dier..

Also how much of a Cunt is Scott Brown??? Retires because he can't be arsed to try and help them to get to a major final but comes out of retirement when it's a Hollywood game against England.. I'd tell him to go a fuck himself..

So what does that make Italy's World Cup winning team who couldn't beat us in qualifying? Scotland is a nation of 7 million people and regularly punches well above their weight in the international scene. You being Italian does explain plenty about you however.
Where you finding 7 million people? Have you 2 million hidden in your garage?

lets-build-a-0bk3xf.jpg

I've only been here around a month and obviously can only comment from that timeframe but since the start of the season the general attitude on the forum towards Rose has been predominantly positive, the performance against QPR was probably the finest he has played in a long time and arguably his best since his debut.

Glad he has been called up, hope it does wonders for his confidence.
Well, he was shit last year and we all knew it. But maybe it was lack of drive. Since Davies has come in he's upped it.

Rose is lacking in tactical discipline and football IQ. When he had a rigid role under AVB where he just had to follow instructions he looked very good. When Tim came and opened up the style of play and allowed the players to do pretty much whatever, Rose really struggled because he needs to be coached. With Davies coming in and Pochettino who has a great track record of developing fullbacks and making them an important part of his system, it isn't that surprising that a player as naturally talented as Rose has improved drastically.

I'm guessing these players are in the under 21's to a certain extent to ensure England's U21's qualify. I mean Kane and Dier must certainly be near the England squad by now.

You are joking right?

2 games into his top flight career you are suggesting he is only not being picked for the full squad due to ensuring the U21's qualify?!?!

Get a grip guys, I am as positive about his and our start as the next man but he has only played against a very poor QPR and Wet Spam. I agree he was excellent in both but to suggest he is a shoe-in at international level is an amazing insult to the national team and far more experienced players.

I'm expecting him to play a lot less as the season develops, with Chiriches, Fazio, Naughton and Walker all preferred when fit.

Let the lad get on with his development, he is no doubt talented, don't build him up to be something he ain't. (yet)

You are joking right?

2 games into his top flight career you are suggesting he is only not being picked for the full squad due to ensuring the U21's qualify?!?!

Get a grip guys, I am as positive about his and our start as the next man but he has only played against a very poor QPR and Wet Spam. I agree he was excellent in both but to suggest he is a shoe-in at international level is an amazing insult to the national team and far more experienced players.

I'm expecting him to play a lot less as the season develops, with Chiriches, Fazio, Naughton and Walker all preferred when fit.

Let the lad get on with his development, he is no doubt talented, don't build him up to be something he ain't. (yet)

Making a lot of sense till that clanger dropped in.

Yeah, I had a similar feeling - it was weird. Kind of protective - ha ha, fucking ridiculous, I know.
A couple of years ago a girl i was going out with kept saying to me how proud she was of some guy that won I'm a celebrity get me out of her. And i slated her for it and called her "an absolute fucking loser" and its just dawned on me that what I'm doing is probably worse. Definitely getting a bit sentimental in my old age.

Back
Top Bottom