Spurs player called up to England Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of negativity by a minority around Danny Rose, however he's been called upto the England Squad to be announced tomorrow. For me he has come on significantly the last couple of seasons and is developing week on week. Look forward to seeing how he steps up to International level

For me he has come on significantly the last couple of seasons

Change "last couple of seasons" to "last game" and I'll agree. He was unplayable vs QPR.

Come on significantly over the last couple of seasons is an overstatement. If anything under AVB and Tim he went backwards.

Long may the Poch effect continue on Danny Rose. I do think the lineups/tactics are helping his game too.

Lots of negativity by a minority around Danny Rose, however he's been called upto the England Squad to be announced tomorrow. For me he has come on significantly the last couple of seasons and is developing week on week. Look forward to seeing how he steps up to International level

I've only been here around a month and obviously can only comment from that timeframe but since the start of the season the general attitude on the forum towards Rose has been predominantly positive, the performance against QPR was probably the finest he has played in a long time and arguably his best since his debut.

Glad he has been called up, hope it does wonders for his confidence.

I've only been here around a month and obviously can only comment from that timeframe but since the start of the season the general attitude on the forum towards Rose has been predominantly positive, the performance against QPR was probably the finest he has played in a long time and arguably his best since his debut.

Glad he has been called up, hope it does wonders for his confidence.
Well, he was shit last year and we all knew it. But maybe it was lack of drive. Since Davies has come in he's upped it.

Well, he was shit last year and we all knew it. But maybe it was lack of drive. Since Davies has come in he's upped it.

Oh I know that, I've said as much in his thread. If the knock on to signing a new left back is that Rose becomes a tremendous asset then signing Davies has been a master stroke, regardless of his own performances.

Rose is lacking in tactical discipline and football IQ. When he had a rigid role under AVB where he just had to follow instructions he looked very good. When Tim came and opened up the style of play and allowed the players to do pretty much whatever, Rose really struggled because he needs to be coached. With Davies coming in and Pochettino who has a great track record of developing fullbacks and making them an important part of his system, it isn't that surprising that a player as naturally talented as Rose has improved drastically.

He has definitely upped his game since Poch arrived. Before the start of this season, I was in the "he should have retired after THAT goal against Woolwich" camp, as I never thought he would ever top that. But fair play to him, as long as keeps his concentration levels up, he may be a key member of the team.

He has definitely upped his game since Poch arrived. Before the start of this season, I was in the "he should have retired after THAT goal against Woolwich" camp, as I never thought he would ever top that. But fair play to him, as long as keeps his concentration levels up, he may be a key member of the team.

To be fair to the lad after scoring a smashing volley from outside the box on your debut against your most hated rivals was always going to result in either lofty expectations or something that you would never be able to top, no matter how hard you tried.

Like you say though, with the right coaching, he could just become a crucial part of our team which would be fantastic - especially since the majority would have been happy to see the back of him just a few months ago.

OK - I don't get it.
Against West Ham he was outclassed by Downing and stood off him for the entire game, providing free passage for all attacks down their right.
and against QPR he had no one to mark for the whole game.
If he shuts Sterling up on Sunday I'll concede that he's turned a corner. Or anyone else coming at him for that matter, as sterling seems to get a wanderers charter.

does Andros have a free pass tot he England NT ? like tonwsie fit = england.
this guy doesent even have to play .

suspicious.:townhmm:

Back
Top Bottom