Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I thought our first preseason match thread went okay, but we've still got some tuning up to do:

1. We forgot to designate it as a match thread.
2. The melting was very half hearted.
3. No cunt offs or juju.
4. Way too many Yanks.

Just 9 days to go to whip it into shape!
:pochohshit:

Pochettino last month: "It's never proper for the team at the beginning of the season to go to Asia or America"
The Club today: "We are delighted to announce that we will compete in the 2015 AT&T @MLS All-Star Game in July".
Odd.

Re: Trippier's crossing...

Somewhere David Moyes just got an erection that won't go away.

ConsiderateDarlingDog.gif

Was a decent performance overall few of my thoughts from the match

1) Rose is 10X the player Davies is at the moment. Davies was often times to slow getting forward or held on to the ball too long. I like Davies he is decent but Rose clearly has become a huge cog in our play and must start.

2) Trippier and Wimmer looked far more impressive in the second half than their counterparts in the first. I expect Toby and Jan to be a strong partnership but until Walker proves he is back on form Trippier should start.

3) Yedlin had a few nice moments but the way we play with our fullbacks getting forward I don't think he can play right wing he was often times just getting in the way of Trippier.

4) First half was a tad worrisome as it looked like we did a lot of last season. Way too slow and deliberate int eh final third. Carroll, Alli, Winks and Onomah were far better in moving the ball on quickly with quick smart touches around the box.

5) Speaking of the kids fuck did they look good! I can now see why Poch doesn't seem to be sweating bringing in midfield reinforcements and let players like Capoue, Paulinho and Stambouli go. Alli was the pick of the bunch for me he makes everything look effortless. If he keeps his head down he is going to be very special. He also has a good eye for a run into the box there was a few occasions where he was in on goal with a simple pass I believe on both occasions Coulthirst let him down. Also, Carroll has been a player who has much been debated but he totally changed the pace of the game with Alli in moving the ball on quickly and transitioning us into attack. He was very good last night.

6) Kane is a GOD what a finish and unlucky not to have a few more. That being said the cameo from Coulthirst just reemphasized what I already knew and that is we badly need another striker (or two) We cannot burn him out this season and if he picks up a knock we are seriously fucked. We have 9 days until opening the season I wouldn't say it is quite panic time, but we need to bring in at least a proper striker before next Wednesday.

7) Lastly, fucking fantastic support from our fans. Could easily hear songs sung throughout the match and it was even more impressive being as the game was on a Wednesday. I know that is why I couldn't go, so to get that many supporters there from all over the USA just shows how much our club has grown in the past 5-10 years.

Watched the second half and I really hope we see midfields with a couple of Winks, Onomah, Alli, and Carroll playing in the Europa League and early Cup games. They played some really slick and skilled football, very fun to watch.

Will be a vast improvement on watching Paulinho and Capoue jog about.

All-stars? Fuck, we've got United away in a little over a week. With all these players pulling out why is this game even happening? No one wants to play in it. No one wants to even broadcast it live. Exactly what Poch didn't want to happen and a fucking joke as usual. Enic lovers should have a long, hard look at themselves - Audi cup next. One that won't be remembered for a long time - I don't believe Tottenham sometimes - we don't seem to give ourselves a chance. Still the suits will be happy, so there's that at least.

Not got too much of a problem with one game in the US, but the German trip seems a bit daft with the season starting so soon after.

Also, no home friendly is another strange one. These are the games where you can introduce kids and give them a taste of watching Spurs play at home. Should be playing at the lane this weekend with a whole week to focus on the United game.

Back
Top Bottom