Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are people calling Shaq shit?

He might very well be not good enough but he had about 10 minutes last night and only saw the ball a few times. He skyed a shot so what? It happens ffs.

Really liked Alli, but I also thought Winks looked a good player last night. Liked the way he would get involved in the midfield and when the opportunity allowed he would burst forward and try create a chance for someone or try get on the end of a pass or cross. Reminds me of Scholes. Think he and Alli could make a real attacking CM pair in the future, although not sure of their defensive play yet.

He is the opposite of Paulinho - who would amble forward, ignore his team mates and the ball, hid behind opposing players so no one could pass to him and hover in the box hoping ball would come to him.

Dembele looked quite good, but he does not look a right winger. He kept drifting inside and looked to play a pass, which was good at times, however he never burst forward looking to receive the ball. When he plays there, Spurs become more narrow and don't stretch the defense with pace or width. Yedlin looks a better bet for the RW position but I'm not sure he is ready as I've not seen enough of him play yet.
You hit it spot on. Thats the trouble with Eriksen, Chadli and Dembele in those positions sometimes. Invariably the only one making runs is Kane as they all more likely to make a pass rather than receive one. Usually its to feet. There's not really much continuous forward movement from them.
Then if nobody gets past Eriksen from the middle it stagnates us. Walker/Davies how many times did they hold onto it for ages looking for a pass, then play it back to Vorm? Not a pass on and not wanting to lose possession .
Changed when Tripper Alli and Carrol came on because Trippier had the ability to hit a long pass and gave us width Alli was everywhere, making nice quick sharp passes and switching play, linked up nicely with Carroll. Lots of movement and one touch football. They all moved the ball-and themselves - quicker and with more intent than the people they replaced.
Wimmer, dare I say it, moved the ball quicker than Vertonghen too.

Eriksen and Kane have a great feel for each other. I really wouldn't read too much into it. I still think Eriksen only looks poor at times because the other players are too stagnate.

Eriksen is the guy who can unlock a defense, but if no one is making runs behind it's hard for him to pick out a pass.
That's true and Eriksen could do more to run not the space to receive one though.
There is no doubting Eriksens ability. But we do need an alternative there as he can easily get lost in games. Even if it's to play him in another position.

KcU64BM.png

PldNSV7.png

RQ92Oqm.png

aRXZ0Yp.png
Duels?
:carrollwtf:

Its the fans I feel for, a lot of them are pure plastic who don't understand the first thing but the ones in the ground who did care were treated to a United side who showed up late the night before and looked knackered, a sad indictment of the way the world is now with these tours and all, I bet it put a few off spending so much money next time
Absolutely! I know that there were a few good fans there, but it was actually worse than I thought going in. I fully expected a group of plastic fans, but they were just terrible and the PSG area I was sitting in wasn't any better.

Luckily, my friend got his hands on a couple of free tickets so it didn't cost me anything to go, but if I was a united fan that shelled out a few hundred bucks to watch that shit, I'd be pretty pissed off.

By the way, did you happen to see that they were selling Van Persie t-shirts for $20. I actually saw a few people wearing them.

And that game kickoff was hilarious. Not sure the need for a stealth jet flyover, but what a site w/ those fireworks. We Americans do like to do things over the top.

yeah we like to turn the cringe up as far as possible heh
Cringe worthy ? Not at all my man. While definitely over the top, that little pre-kickoff celebration was top shelf for MLS standards. All star games across the sports here is a special event and the MLS version delivered the goods last night.

Last edited:
Soooooo many Woolwich fans were there. I would have zero interest in ever going to see them play yet they showed up in droves last night
Did you see the one gooner bellend under the white tents behind the goal? He came out waving a Woolwich flag after the 2nd MLS goal. He received a sea of double wanker signs.

Back
Top Bottom