So what is our best X1??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------
Trippier---------------Alderweireld--------Dier-------------------------Rose
-----------------------------------Bentaleb-----------------------------------------
-----------------------Dembele------------Alli-------------------------------------
Son-------------------------------------------------------------------------Eriksen
-------------------------------------Kane---------------------------------------------

===================

Because Poch coaches the creativeness out of a player, like AVB did. You have only watched these players for other teams. Dembele was great at Fulham, and AVB turned him into a poor/average player. Believe me, Poch will have a similar effect on these new players
Your post and agenda is weak. You say Poch "coaches creativeness out of players" then use what happened with Dembele under AVB as an example. This is a thread where people post their preferred teams/ line ups...The poch thread is >>>>>

Also maybe because it took just over 2 years for people to realize Lamela is shit. USed to do my head in every match thread that muppet would be in 90% of people's teams despite doing next to nothing.

Yep. Don't trrust ole Gibbsy on that one. I was convinced it was his position that was wrong. Having someone that weak on the wing or in midfield is stupid IMO. I thought he would be best in a free forward role.

He finally got his chance in his last game under Poch in that role and he was a ghost. In my defence, I would not have put Lamela in such a slow team in a key role. But still, he played in what I thought was the only role good for him and in that one game he was diabolical.

Dear everyone arguing what side people should play on, thats entirely the point of those front 3 behind Kane, they are supposed to be able to interchange so its a nightmare for defenders, its good we have more flexible players now both in what they are willing to do and what they are able to do

I hope we don't have a clear starting 11. Hopefully we will rotate in a good manner, to keep more players fit and ready at any given time.
I agree there are a few players either through sheer class or due to lack of cover that should be in starting 11 for every key match: Kane, lloris, Eriksen, Dier, Rose. All of the other spots I don't see a huge drop off so should be rotated.

Maybe in 6 months I'd go with the below but hard to tell on the improvements of Niji, Chadli etc. impossible to predict really

My below team is based on what I feel Poch is aiming towards, speed and aggression but with a bit of brain and class

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderwierald, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Alii, Son, Eriksen, N'jie, Kane][/formation]

Hilarious how people are putting players they've never watched into their strongest 11.

Tripper, Wimmer, Alli, Pritchard, Njie, Son have barely had 90 mins on the pitch between them. Bit of a daft thread to have this early really.

On a side note, anyone who doesn't have Chadli in their strongest 11 is insane, considering he was our second highest scorer.

I agree there are a few players either through sheer class or due to lack of cover that should be in starting 11 for every key match: Kane, lloris, Eriksen, Dier, Rose. All of the other spots I don't see a huge drop off so should be rotated.

True, but even those should be replaceable if not in form. The team should be able to cope with tweaks, such as not playing with a dm or replacing Kane if he keeps trying too hard.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Dier
Son - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane

If I had to pick one (Based on 0 evidence we have) I'd pick this line up, but Alli for Dembele. Maybe think about Wimmer for Jan later in the season, but other than that this is spot on.

===================

Because Poch coaches the creativeness out of a player, like AVB did. You have only watched these players for other teams. Dembele was great at Fulham, and AVB turned him into a poor/average player. Believe me, Poch will have a similar effect on these new players
and he makes them infertile, and like coldplay

On a side note, anyone who doesn't have Chadli in their strongest 11 is insane, considering he was our second highest scorer.

Not sure whether I agree with this until I see our new players. But even if Chadli is in our best eleven, I'm not sure if we will see him starting much in the League. I think he's the closest thing to Kane we are going to have in terms of holdup play. So I think he will need to start a lot of cup matches leading the line. Unfortunately that would mean he is probably usually going to merely be an impact sub option for most League games.

Even if we have terrific health, Levy's failure to secure a real backup for Kane is going to inevitably have a ripple effect on the squad. I think Chadli and/ or Son will be the most likely to be impacted.

Back
Top Bottom