So what is our best X1??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hilarious how people are putting players they've never watched into their strongest 11.

Tripper, Wimmer, Alli, Pritchard, Njie, Son have barely had 90 mins on the pitch between them. Bit of a daft thread to have this early really.

On a side note, anyone who doesn't have Chadli in their strongest 11 is insane, considering he was our second highest scorer.

Seen tripper, seen Wimmer look bloody good, son was great in the German league, Niji maybe instinct based on speed. Tired of having no fucking pace in our team. Can't see how we'd have signed them otherwise, Chadli will be our striker anyway.

Hilarious how people are putting players they've never watched into their strongest 11.

Tripper, Wimmer, Alli, Pritchard, Njie, Son have barely had 90 mins on the pitch between them. Bit of a daft thread to have this early really.

On a side note, anyone who doesn't have Chadli in their strongest 11 is insane, considering he was our second highest scorer.

If I had to pick one (Based on 0 evidence we have) I'd pick this line up, but Alli for Dembele. Maybe think about Wimmer for Jan later in the season, but other than that this is spot on.

What the fuck...

You’ve committed online suicide 2-3 times over the last 2 days now. Take my advice and fuck off, or else I'll have to call your parents and tell them to cut the Wi-Fi.

It’s “hilarious” and “daft” to include players we’ve hardly seen play, you say. Then you pick a lineup with 3 players hardly previously featured, thinking about featuring a fourth (on behalf of our best and most veteran defender)

That’s "daft" if anything.

It’s also daft to wank and gloat on deadline day that you “were right that we signed no one”, when you stated days before, that we would buy a striker “end of”, and not buying anyone "wasn't a possibility".

It’s also daft to claim that players score 10 goals a season, because they did it ONCE in the 12-13 season.
… And then talking about Levy earning 2 mill a year the day after. Was that just in 12-13 he got that salary then?

Just fuck off for good already.

Seen tripper, seen Wimmer look bloody good, son was great in the German league, Niji maybe instinct based on speed.

At most you've seen 1 of those players in the Premier League though. Saying you saw Son in Germany is like me saying I saw Soldado in Spain. There's not enough information to name a best 11 yet.

Not sure whether I agree with this until I see our new players. But even if Chadli is in our best eleven, I'm not sure if we will see him starting much in the League. I think he's the closest thing to Kane we are going to have in terms of holdup play. So I think he will need to start a lot of cup matches leading the line. Unfortunately that would mean he is probably usually going to merely be an impact sub option for most League games.

Even if we have terrific health, Levy's failure to secure a real backup for Kane is going to inevitably have a ripple effect on the squad. I think Chadli and/ or Son will be the most likely to be impacted.

Njie or Son will start as a striker, not Chadli.

Chadli has never been played as an out and out striker. The other two have. Njie has scored a lot of international goals as a striker..

Chadli has never been played as an out and out striker. The other two have. Njie has scored a lot of international goals as a striker..
We'll see. But Chadli definitely played as a striker in the post season and the preseason.

At most you've seen 1 of those players in the Premier League though. Saying you saw Son in Germany is like me saying I saw Soldado in Spain. There's not enough information to name a best 11 yet.

I know it's heart mate, I know Son is fast, Dier is aggressive, Nije is fast. I have an image in my own mind based on Pochs tactics of what we should become and I am fitting the players around a vision. Basically being idealistic.

I think Chadi as striker is more based on him being good at holding up the ball and finishing which is what strikers do as to whether he is any good at it remains to be seen.

..................Lloris
................Toby Jan
.....Dier Mason Bentaleb
Njie Eriksen Kane Chadli Son

All out attack 2-3-5 like the 'good old days' which I am far too young to remember.

Seen tripper, seen Wimmer look bloody good, son was great in the German league, Niji maybe instinct based on speed. Tired of having no fucking pace in our team. Can't see how we'd have signed them otherwise, Chadli will be our striker anyway.
Oh and you were going so well - then....

-------------Lloris
Trippier-Toby-Jan-Rose
-------------Dier
-----Eriksen---Bentaleb(Or Moussa, Alli to come in after consistent form)
-------------Kane
Son----------------Dolphin or N'Jie
False 9 bitches let's go

Oh and you were going so well - then....

Haha, drunk mate shooting from the hip. Long day at work, quiz night and I am now just laughing at our business rather than crying and this forum cracks me up. It's only football really but then again why should it be less important than anything else?

Haha, drunk mate shooting from the hip. Long day at work, quiz night and I am now just laughing at our business rather than crying and this forum cracks me up. It's only football really but then again why should it be less important than anything else?
How did you get on at the quiz? I love a pub quiz, or is this your modest way of saying you were on University Challenge?

Also, think Lamela would work in that false 9 position, sitting a little deeper if he was given training and a bit of game time there but that's just my opinion

How did you get on at the quiz? I love a pub quiz, or is this your modest way of saying you were on University Challenge?

Shit mate foreign guy who barley spoke English and someone else who couldn't tell a banana from a burger. Other teams have 5 people, all old with knowledge, Didn't come last thank god, lots of drink but not much food so acceptable but I hate loosing.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Alli, Son, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Son and Chadli to form a brilliant partnership where they interchange and float around. Eriksen being main play maker, through balls and the like. Kane being Kane. Dier and Alli sound really good to me, Dier being solid and Alli offering that extra facet in attack. Even writing this I get excited, because imagine Dier holding it down, Eriksen playing balls every where to Son and Chadli who are hard to track, Kane just doing what he does best and suddenly, when the opposition think they have it down, enter Alli who comes outta nowhere. :sonhmm:

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Bentaleb, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]
Backed up with (prays we can get Ade back from the brink)
[formation=442, Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Townsned, Dembele, Mason, Chadli, Adebayor, N'Jie][/formation]
Edit: swapped Mason and Alli around after a little though

Yes i guess Poch shouldn't select any of the signings from abroad being that he hasn't seen them play in the premiership. Jeez your logic is something else.

If they perform well in training, they deserve the start in the league. I'd like to see a team picked on merit, not reputation.

Back
Top Bottom