So what is our best X1??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got an email from official site regarding the Europa group stages and Townsend is the main focus on the advertisement.

At that level Townsend absolutely smashed it last season but I kinda hope Prichard, Alli, Son and Njie get more game time than Townsend. We have a lot of midfielders. I think Townsend has peaked and we can get more out of the other players in the earlier competitions. I don't want Townsends delivery or lack of presence mess up Trippiers development behind him or Njie's supply alongside/in front of him. Townsend easily has enough quality to get us through these group stages, but I'd much rather someone else get more time to work on gelling and creating understanding etc. We have a young team, and we need leadership. Not head down scuffing/dribbling. Townsend is all heart, and I think that is why he didn't get moved on. But IMO him and Lamela could end up being the weak links that turn our season from a strong cup run on many front to the season being over by February.

I only have one more thing to say:

Qarabag

:avbcringe:
I agree about Townsend but I suspect him and Lamela will play in Europe. I don't think either have them are good enough and they have proved that with their time with us. I think considering our new options in the wide forward positions short of bagging hat tricks every match they will not get many chances in the league.

This thread is fucking awesome...

I have not seen a single lineup that makes me facepalm and froth like I used to. I said it a while back, it's almost impossible for Poch to put out a weak team. Somehow he managed it with a slow spine of Chadli, Lamela, Dier and Jan but I think he learned his lesson quick on that count after we dropped 2 goals/ points.

I just don't get the twitter Lev froth. We are not even in transition IMO. I think we are going to be a nightmare for anyone. It's just up to Poch to win more tactical battles and we will be golden.

Let me help you with that, with a good mix of current and almost-current players :ossie:
[formation=4231, Vorm, Naughton, Kaboul, Vlad, Davies, Capoue, Paulinho, Lamela, Mason, Townsend, Adebayor][/formation]

===================

Because Poch coaches the creativeness out of a player, like AVB did. You have only watched these players for other teams. Dembele was great at Fulham, and AVB turned him into a poor/average player. Believe me, Poch will have a similar effect on these new players

It's so true regarding AVB. Didn't Dembele score on his Spurs prem debut? AVB's zonal tactics soon put a stop to that shit. Made our powerhouse AM into a DM and put a ball and chain on him.

I don't see any attacking prowess from Poch yet. A lot of credit for Kane has to be given to Sherwood. Poch is slowly sorting out our defense which is understandable since he was a defender but IMO we really need to get him a new number 2. Someone better at working in the final third that is not called Ferdinand.

Bringing on Alli was a positive in his favor as he scored but then the youth aspect/concentration bit us on the arse.

We are sooooo close to a positive tipping point. Poch's improvements are glacial. So I'm not going to expect fireworks any time soon but signing pace (with an end product) is a literal step in the right di(e)rection.
:dier:

Hard to say what our best 11 is now as I'm yet to see two of our signings play other than on YouTube.

My hope is that our best 11 now includes Son and Clinton cause that'll mean they are improvements on what we have!

:clintonohshit::sonhmm:

This thread is fucking awesome...

I have not seen a single lineup that makes me facepalm and froth like I used to. .

Also maybe because it took just over 2 years for people to realize Lamela is shit. USed to do my head in every match thread that muppet would be in 90% of people's teams despite doing next to nothing.

Against good teams
[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Dier, Dembele/Mason, Son, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

Against weaker teams
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Mason/Bentaleb, N'Jie, Eriksen, Son/Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Alli could definitely find his way into here but I like him right now as our first sub. Hopefully he absolutely destroys in Europa League as well.
with the way we're playing, i don't think there's any such thing as weaker teams anymore

Looking at some lineups posted (as gibbs said pretty tough to disagree with any).

Id say we should really start Mason ahead of Bentelab on current form. I like Bentelab but think Mason has just started better this season.
I also think we need to have Dembele ahead of Dier to protect him a bit more.

Walker needs protection. Lamela showed that to an excrutiating point.

Alli looked great when he has come on. No idea about Son and Nudge yet obviously. Cant leave Eriksen out.
Where do we play them all!?!?

Really looking forward to seeing how we line up next game. Bloody international break!!! :)

Any 11 that includes N'jie but not Chadli and Trippier over Walker needs to go. These guys haven't even played for Spurs yet for fuck's sake..

Son I don't necessarily disagree with because he's proven he can score, and he really can't be any worse than Lamela. But Dembele has been one of our better players to start the season, so where do we put him? Dier and Mason aren't worth dropping for him.

I'll take a shot at it. Our best Premier League side will look like this...

I know I'm being a bit harsh on Dembele, but he still doesn't offer enough for me going forward. He's a great option to bring on and kill a game, but not a player useful enough when we need goals.

[formation=4231, Hugo, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Mason, Chadli/Son, Erisken, Chadli/Son, Kane][/formation]

I get giddy thinking that Eriksen will finally have some room to operate with Kane, Son, Mason, and maybe even Chadli making runs behind defenses.

I'll take a shot at it. Our best Premier League side will look like this...

I know I'm being a bit harsh on Dembele, but he still doesn't offer enough for me going forward. He's a great option to bring on and kill a game, but not a player useful enough when we need goals.

[formation=4231, Hugo, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Dier, Mason, Chadli/Son, Erisken, Chadli/Son, Kane][/formation]

I get giddy thinking that Eriksen will finally have some room to operate with Kane, Son, Mason, and maybe even Chadli making runs behind defenses.

When did we sign the Chadlison brothers?

When did we sign the Chadlison brothers?

26892poster.jpg

I hope it doesn't happen but can you imagine if Son has a couple of stinkers in his first few games!?!?

Already planned this.

Game 1: I will open with a slight back hand twitter comment. Maybe a joke.

Game 2: Question Levy, the manager, the tactics and the player.

Game 3: Debate whether we picked the wrong Korea to be friendly with

Game 4: Boo the fuck out of everyone, everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom