Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's done. Not even scoring helped his confidence.

Well, it didn't help any other time in the past two years, not sure why anyone would think that'd change. What a disappointing story Soldado is.

Didn't score from open play, but could score penalties.
Can't score penalties, but praised for his link up play.
Now he can't even link up with other players.

I wouldn't even say he's had good games and bad. He's just been consistently bad.

A poor, poor fit in the Prem from the get-go.

Hitting 30 and May.

Spurs will be lucky to recoup even half of the costs.

Spain or Italy. ASAP
I read that the cost of this fella was actually £12 million + add ons. Not 20+. But if I am honest if he was 3 million he'd be expensive.

I saw him last season @ Hull away and said then I never wanted to see him play for Spurs again. A year later he's still fucking here and he's still fucking awful.

No joy in seeing the guy fail but it was obvious even last season he lacked the tools for the job and I am not even referring to his record in front of goal. As a team we are worse when he plays, he provides no focal point as he is too weak to hold the ball up.

For his sanity and our development he has to go, just amazed so many spurs fans kept such faith after such a large number of awful performances. It was never gonna work and finally it seems almost of all us relise that even if it took almost two years.

I've given up. I, his most ardent supporter, have given up.

Bobby, you're a terrific bloke, but I don't think we can see you anymore. It's not you, its us.*

*it's you

:pochbye:

Admire your honesty, just out of curiosity what was it that made you keep faith for so long with him?

He has been through the Spurs treadmill.

It's really sad. Out of all our failures he was my favourite.

Tonight though was it.

What was he thinking? When the brain goes on a striker it's time to say thanks but best of luck fella.

I'd still play him above the whore mind.

I didn't get to see the game and my stream just crapped out within minutes. Just saw the play...

HairyNaiveIndiancow.gif

I'd like to make some kind of a joke about it, but it's just not funny anymore.

I didn't get to see the game and my stream just crapped out within minutes. Just saw the play...

HairyNaiveIndiancow.gif

I'd like to make some kind of a joke about it, but it's just not funny anymore.

The pass from Lamela was quality. He broke, drew two players into him and then made a pin point pass. Shame he never gets the chance to show how good he is, he does about 90% of things right and then makes a tiny mistake or the game doesn't have the required space for him to thrive.

I remember his first few games for us,
He was 3 goals after 3 games I think?
Although they were all penalty kicks you thought that this guy could be a 20 goal a season striker

'RIP Roberto Soldado's career at Tottenham'
Died on Thursday 26th February in Florence in the 29th minute

Chadli should scatter the ashes, considering that he was the one to recieve his final pass from him

Poch should not play him anymore. The more he plays, the lower his value gets. It's getting close to negative now. I really hope that we don't need to pay another club to sign him.

I like Soldado the man, but right now i can honestly say that i hate the guts of Soldado the player and i can't see him anymore playing for us. I was behind pissed with Ade, but god, play him more time and bench Soldado until he leaves us. Not good enough. Or play someone from the academy. Soldado is useless.

I honestly think that Soldado is still a quality player. Look at all the goals he got in Spain. He just isn't getting the service... his confidence is low... the system isn't right... he has had personal difficulties... he is getting used to the weather... he can't speak the language... Oh no, wait a minute

It's about time people are finally accepting the reality.
I was gonna say, how many missed sitters and fluffs does it take for people to see what's up?

Don't get me wrong ... I mean I love Soldado's character and his time at Valencia, and I do pity what's he going/went through (miscarriages, loss of international spot, etc etc) but imo, it was long clear that he just not clicking. I sincerely do wish him the best of luck elsewhere, but he should be sold in the Summer.

Dempsey was better in the shirt.

Thanks for the "memories" I hope levy gets 20% back in the summer.

One thing is for certain. Starting soldud-o is a clear statement that Pooch is going for the prize on Sunday.

should have sold this fuck last summer.

Back
Top Bottom