Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dempsey was better in the shirt.

Thanks for the "memories" I hope levy gets 20% back in the summer.

One thing is for certain. Starting soldud-o is a clear statement that Pooch is going for the prize on Sunday.

should have sold this fuck last summer.

clint-dempsey-long-hair.jpg

He crossed the line into completely useless when he missed the penalty at City to make it 2-2. It was about all you could rely on him for.
I think he's scored twice since then (with plenty of chances and plenty of service) and it seems like forever ago. Hopefully no need to play him again this season.

AAAARRRRGGHHH what's he doing?!?!

I thought he'd be great when we got him and have stuck by that for ages, but he is clearly not working for us.

Confidence broken and I don't see him getting it back by next year.

Sell the cunt ASAP.

Basically, we are going from January to May with one striker, while trying to win a cup and going for top 4. What other top 6 side has one striker????
Probably the scum. Only really sanchez is useful for them up front, Giroud is a pile of stinking dog turd

Baldini ought to have got the boot for Soldado, no doubt. Nearly every goal he scored in his last season in Spain was on the break, supplied from the wing, finding space between spread out defenders followed by a 1 touch finish. Like, a stupid amount of his goals come from this type of play.

He gets bought for a Spurs side who under AVB (and now Poch) play a high line against compacted defences, and therefore favours a more physical striker.

Soldado was just a terrible, terrible fit for the style of play our management have tried to bring in. I haven't seen something as stupid as this since, I dunno, we tried to play Rebrov as a target man.

Seems a nice bloke but that has to be the end of the line for him. We all so desperately wanted him to do well. He has to go in the summer.......along with 8 others, and in my opinion, that 8 does include lamela.

Soldado, if in the future you some day have the ball and the only thing between you and the goal is the keeper.. could you at least PLEASE try to score..

:pochsulk:

Definitely feels like the end of the line last night. What happens if he does get on the pitch for us between now and the end of the season (or even features at some point on Sunday)? I expect the knives will be out from some, but if he's swapped out for Adebayor the knives will also be out from others (or quite possibly the same people).

Think we can expect to hear some booing in the near future....time to give Onomoah some minutes?
EDIt: is he even a striker? Thought he was but is down as a midfielder on the Website. Is there another option other than Kane, Soldado & Ade?

Last edited:
After the weekend we only have the league left. No reason that Kane shouldn't play every game; he didn't start a league game until November so shouldn't be worried about burn out. We'd only have an issue if he got injured, but we should cross that bridge when we come to it.

Back
Top Bottom