Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His finishing has been woeful, but his all round play has been ok.

What made me laugh most about that miss the other day is that he properly lashed it, like a guy would if they were full of confidence, I was hoping he might just gently side-foot-pea-roll it over the line.

Defoe, Gomes, Parker, Dawson etc all done a million times more for this club than Soldado has or ever will, but non were afforded such a relentless outpouring of optimism followed by hope, followed by desperation followed by excuse after excuse after excuse, followed by breaking hearts and tear jerking.
Spurs fans have been this way for a long time, they generally pick their favourite who can do no wrong, and also pick their villan who can do no right.

You could add players like Bent and Jenas to that list.....

His miss against Burnley was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I've been praying for him to come good - he at least looks like he's trying and that's something.

Sadly, "trying" isn't enough at that level, and I can no longer use it as an excuse to justify backing him.

That said, it's not like I'm going to turn around and boo the bloke. I'll cheer him on as long as he's as the club.

I just hope that he's not at the club much longer, that's all

Most Spurs fan have far more time for Bobby than Ade. He has a good attitude, works hard, is a character whatever that means, and some of his link up play is nice, he is a likeable player and it's not wrong that we all want him to do well.

That being said he gets bullied off the ball too easy and off course his goal record is not anywhere near good enough. The pressure he gets for this is because firstly he came with a big price tag and reputation and secondly other than Kane we have no effective striker so we cannot rely on either Bobby or Ade at this moment.

Solution: if Ade goes he can stay but will have to accept his place as a third choice forward behind Kane and Ade's replacement unless he improves or we sell Bobby and Ade and buy two forwards.

Most Spurs fan have far more time for Bobby than Ade. He has a good attitude, works hard, is a character whatever that means, and some of his link up play is nice, he is a likeable player and it's not wrong that we all want him to do well.

That being said he gets bullied off the ball too easy and off course his goal record is not anywhere near good enough. The pressure he gets for this is because firstly he came with a big price tag and reputation and secondly other than Kane we have no effective striker so we cannot rely on either Bobby or Ade at this moment.

Solution: if Ade goes he can stay but will have to accept his place as a third choice forward behind Kane and Ade's replacement unless he improves or we sell Bobby and Ade and buy two forwards.
So do we buy 2nd and 3rd choice strikers? or do we buy a new starting striker?

I ask because we struggle to attract quality as it is, let alone if all we are offering is a place on the bench....

I ask because we struggle to attract quality as it is, let alone if all we are offering is a place on the bench....

IMO we should buy a solid striker, with PL experience who can compliment Kane with 2 up top or hold the line on his own.

People wanting to pay 30M for Bony just smacks of this marquee signing mentality which isnt working for us.

No point now, but last summer we should have just paid the 16M for Welbeck. People laughing at that stopped laughing pretty quickly when he started playing well and scoring.

Id be pretty happy with Welbeck, Kane and maybe Ings....

As pointed out, that ship has sailed, but Id be a lot happier with Ings and Benteke for the same price as Bony for example, or another Youtube Hero thats never kicked a ball in England for25M upwards..

I like him, I know his main job is to score goals and he's guilty of missing some sitters but I still think he offers the team something in his build up play etc. If we got rid of him we'd be lucky to recoup half of what we spent, he seems to have a decent attitude and he does get himself in the goal scoring positions.

Ideally I'd like to see us get Ings and then have Kane, Ings and Soldado. We'd have two young forwards with a lot of potential and Soldado for back up, as we only play with one up top we can't have 3-4 top forwards and keep them all happy like Man City (£100k a week keeps people happy on the bench I suppose).

IMO we should buy a solid striker, with PL experience who can compliment Kane with 2 up top or hold the line on his own.

People wanting to pay 30M for Bony just smacks of this marquee signing mentality which isnt working for us.

No point now, but last summer we should have just paid the 16M for Welbeck. People laughing at that stopped laughing pretty quickly when he started playing well and scoring.

Id be pretty happy with Welbeck, Kane and maybe Ings....

As pointed out, that ship has sailed, but Id be a lot happier with Ings and Benteke for the same price as Bony for example, or another Youtube Hero thats never kicked a ball in England for25M upwards..

We'll take Bony on loan this time next year I imagine. Absolutely idiotic move for him as a footballer..... but i'm sure the wages will cushion the blow.

We can play two strikers, remember we have played Kane and Bobby together quite a few times this season, Kane is actually a number 10 second striker by trade, he has just been pushed further forwards so I would look for a decent forward, we also are playing a stupid amount of games so they would most likely play a lot anyway.

We'll take Bony on loan this time next year I imagine. Absolutely idiotic move for him as a footballer..... but i'm sure the wages will cushion the blow.

Yeh stupid move, unless Aguero is injured full time he might limit himself, should have aimed for someone like us, Arsescum, Liverpool, a good team but with a chance to play a lot.

Hahahahhahahaha - he'll be starting every game for them - are you deluded? He's in the Top 5 PL strikers

Jovetic on Dzeko on loan - that's a different story

We can play two strikers, remember we have played Kane and Bobby together quite a few times this season, Kane is actually a number 10 second striker by trade, he has just been pushed further forwards so I would look for a decent forward, we also are playing a stupid amount of games so they would most likely play a lot anyway.
So Eriksen plays left wing in this case?

So Eriksen plays left wing in this case?

Kind of, players like Kane, Eriksen, Chadli are all capable of revolving in a game searching out space, when you look at a Man City line up Silva and Nasri are often on the left and right but don't play as wingers at all they are flexable.

It depends I guess on whether Poch wants to play 1 or 2 forwards in a game, but I feel against small teams we should employ 2 forwards and show ambition.

Miss against Burnley was painful to see but the bloke got 2 assists, so fair play to him.

His work ethic and desire to keep plugging away buys him affection from the fans. He may well never 'click', but as long as he shows dedication and passion when called upon I can live with that. Sure, a hat-full of goals would be nice too, but he could just be a lazy twat giving up.

Had a decent game yesterday. Great goal. A nice attempt at a bicycle goal. Overall looked like he had lots of energy in the first half. He gave away the free kick that led to fiorentina's goal though. Fuck, i just wan't this bloke to succeed, he seems like a nice guy. What do you guys think, will he ever become a goal machine again? Is he still at spurs after the summer?

Back
Top Bottom