Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant believe those banter chaps locked Soldado in a broom cupboard at the start of the game and that one of them played the first half wearing a Soldado mask....

Thankfully they were caught and the real Soldado was released and able to play the second half.

Cant believe those banter chaps locked Soldado in a broom cupboard at the start of the game and that one of them played the first half wearing a Soldado mask....

Thankfully they were caught and the real Soldado was released and able to play the second half.
Soldado must have had a lot to say to Ade in the first half then!

The odd thing is usually a goal helps a striker's all around play but his had the opposite effect he was completely useless after the goal

the italians shutdown the middle of the pitch in their third

Eriksen couldn't get anytime on the ball in the middle and when he did get a second or two his execution was unusually shoddy, Soldado got isolated and was relying on crosses of which he scored one with some world class execution and almost another

Soldado even when not getting alot of the ball is great at pulling defenders out of position to create space for others to run into or exploit

Soldado is a very smart striker who could yet play a big role for us this season, and thankfully is showings signs of his confidence building up again.

So he had a good effort with an overhead and hit the bar but you still think he was useless? He must have confidence to be taking on the efforts that he was yesterday

true and he had a good header that Chadli should have scored on rebound, that was bit harsh. He actually had a good first half but himself and the rest of our time were rubbish in the 2nd half.

Soldado is a very smart striker who could yet play a big role for us this season, and thankfully is showings signs of his confidence building up again.

I think it is easy to get carried away he was much better last night but aside from Europa I really don't want to see him on the pitch much more barring injury to Kane. Clearly our best lineup has been established with Kane leading the line and 3 creative attackers behind him.

I think it is easy to get carried away he was much better last night but aside from Europa I really don't want to see him on the pitch much more barring injury to Kane. Clearly our best lineup has been established with Kane leading the line and 3 creative attackers behind him.

oh yea Kane is obviously the main man now that's a given but we could do alot worse than a fully motivated confident Soldado ready to come off the bench

the bloke is a far better player than we've seen at Tottenham and is starting to look more confident in his ability which can only be a good thing for THFC

oh yea Kane is obviously the main man now that's a given but we could do alot worse than a fully motivated confident Soldado ready to come off the bench

the bloke is a far better player than we've seen at Tottenham and is starting to look more confident in his ability which can only be a good thing for THFC
It is I agree but at this point I am hoping for an uptick in form for a better fee in the summer, no way can we rely on him as our second striker for next season

It is I agree but at this point I am hoping for an uptick in form for a better fee in the summer, no way can we rely on him as our second striker for next season

Ade is the one we need to get fucked off this summer and replace

We'll see how the remainder of the season goes but things change fast in football. If Soldado rediscovers his goal scoring touch I'd be all for keeping him to compete with Kane and another. The blokes attitude is top notch and he adds a good bit to our play in the final third with his creativity, passing and movement. All he's really been missing for awhile is the goal scoring touch.

He fucked up 'The Chance' and attempted a few back heels/flicks which non of them were successful. Other than that he did nothing.

It's the same every time he plays. Comes off the bench and may as well be at home

He needs to move on for his own career.
I'm more worried about someone at the club advising Spurs he justified the huge price-tag and thought he would thrive in this team.

Is there any point anymore. It just hasn't worked. I rather have some 18 year old kid on the bench than this chap.

Sell for whatever you can get. Nice chap but he'll never lead the line for spurs again.

Back
Top Bottom