Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado's play outside the box has improved loads this season. He's a lot more useful with his back to goal. I reckon he should get more time sat just behind Kane linking-up play, rather than doing the fox in the box thing.

Play Soldado as a midfielder, not as a striker, he's better than Erikson and Lamela.

the blokes link up play, creativity, ability to keep hold of the ball and actually find one of our players with a pass is better than anyone we've got at the minute, even his crossing is pretty good when he finds himself out wide

commentators still love slagging him off though, no surprise there

Loved it when he tried to push Benteke back down the tunnel and into Birmingham hight street with a multitude of shoves......inspired the others to have a go.

One of our few players with a real attitude problem (in the right way)

Playing well recently, and fair play to him. Mans got some balls to keep going out there with people like myself in the fanbase....its a tough game, and the pressure is like water off a ducks back to him.

Im very pleased to see Poch experimenting up top, but keeping all three in focus and giving them all backing.

We could all learn a thing or two from that.

Loved it when he tried to push Benteke back down the tunnel and into Birmingham hight street with a multitude of shoves......inspired the others to have a go.

Playing well recently, and fair play to him. Mans got some balls to keep going out there with people like myself in the fanbase....its a tough game, and the pressure is like water off a ducks back to him.

Im very pleased to see Poch experimenting up top, but keeping all three in focus and giving them all backing.

Fair play Sammy. :adethumbup:

Glad to see people are focusing on the positives today and not the one shot that he skied like the commentators were. Players do that all the time but the commentators like to give him so much shit for it. Things are looking up for him and I think that he will come good if he's given a run.

Spot on fella. One in form striker means nothing to us, if Kane is our only inform striker he alone will have no impact on our season. Somehow Poch has to get Ade and Soldado scoring or if not scoring creating for other too only then will we pose a threat.

the blokes link up play, creativity, ability to keep hold of the ball and actually find one of our players with a pass is better than anyone we've got at the minute, even his crossing is pretty good when he finds himself out wide

commentators still love slagging him off though, no surprise there
The other thing I've noticed this season is that he is one fiery little fucker. It may not be going for him in front of goal, but on top of his general contribution to the team (which I thought was very good today), he really is always in the thick of it when it kicks off. I can imagine he is the type of player that others love having in the team. He always seems to pop up in the middle of a ruck, supporting his team mates. I just wish he could find his scoring boots:soldadowatch:

Spot on fella. One in form striker means nothing to us, if Kane is our only inform striker he alone will have no impact on our season. Somehow Poch has to get Ade and Soldado scoring or if not scoring creating for other too only then will we pose a threat.
Or just play Harry in every game - in form strikers definitely have an effect on games, no?

Or just play Harry in every game - in form strikers definitely have an effect on games, no?
Every game including cups and Prem? A choice has to be made I'd rather see him start in the cups and come on 2nd half as he did today, as the league is a write off and with an inform striker in the cups we might win something.

Why is everyone insiting he starts in Prem?

Every game including cups and Prem? A choice has to be made I'd rather see him start in the cups and come on 2nd half as he did today, as the league is a write off and with an inform striker in the cups we might win something.

Why is everyone insiting he starts in Prem?
He knows where the goal is, and the team looks more dynamic when he plays. When we've ruined him, we can just buy another useless cunt.

Last edited:
To me, Soldado is playing as well as anyone in the middle of the park with his movement, passing and link-up play. If and when the goals come he could become our most important player, but he needs more games. Part of me feels that Ade can fuck off, but maybe Kane is best used in the last 20-30 minutes of a game. Having said that, he's clearly earned a start, and sticking with Ade would just look wrong.

To me, Soldado is playing as well as anyone in the middle of the park with his movement, passing and link-up play. If and when the goals come he could become our most important player, but he needs more games. Part of me feels that Ade can fuck off, but maybe Kane is best used in the last 20-30 minutes of a game. Having said that, he's clearly earned a start, and sticking with Ade would just look wrong.
Soldado has looked like a natural footballer recently.

The other thing I've noticed this season is that he is one fiery little fucker. It may not be going for him in front of goal, but on top of his general contribution to the team (which I thought was very good today), he really is always in the thick of it when it kicks off. I can imagine he is the type of player that others love having in the team. He always seems to pop up in the middle of a ruck, supporting his team mates. I just wish he could find his scoring boots:soldadowatch:

The bloke is a leader he was captain at Valencia he just went through a real rough patch last season off the pitch and it affected him on it. If the team and the fans all get behind him and fuck the media right off I can see him going from strength to strength this season. He deserves it as he seems like a real down to earth geezer who loves football. The media would be pissed if he started banging goals in to as they've effectively wrote him off as shite already. Plus he links up with all our other attacking players well. I'd much rather have our younger players looking up to Soldado than Ade, as Ade seems very whimsical.

I think Poch is handling the squad perfectly tbh. Plenty of people are bitching and moaning as per usual but if we bring home a cup this season as we are looking serious contenders to do they'll hopefully shut the feck up. We're going to reap the rewards of all this rotation come the tail end of the season when the big matches are played and the trophies are won.

Another 90 minutes another failure to score, just how poor does the opposition need to be for him to hit the target.

Back
Top Bottom