Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know his at the club to score goals..... But does anyone else get the sense that Soldado is one of the most liked players in the dressing room? Constantly you see different groups of players out with Bobby at dinners, or playing FIFA, or joking around on Europa League flights. Morale and team camaraderie is something no fan will ever get to know about their team but good on him for not feeling sorry for himself and going completely into his shell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I know his at the club to score goals..... But does anyone else get the sense that Soldado is one of the most liked players in the dressing room? Constantly you see different groups of players out with Bobby at dinners, or playing FIFA, or joking around on Europa League flights. Morale and team camaraderie is something no fan will ever get to know about their team but good on him for not feeling sorry for himself and going completely into his shell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Great, he's a 26 million pound chaparone!

:soldadowtf:

Intresting article in The Guardian supporting that its not all Bobby's fault:
"How modern football has made the fox in the box an endangered species"

http://www.theguardian.com/football...n-strikers-endangered-lukas-podolski-Woolwich

Would Lineker, Raúl, Owen or Inzaghi have been as prolific if they had played up front on their own?

...can anybody still defend the Soldado acquisition or him even getting close to our starting XI?
COYS
We look better in a fluid way in our offence. He misses instinct chances, but we just look better with him in our team. I think I wouldn't mind seeing him and Kane swapping. Him the deeper of the two, takes less pressure off him scoring all goals.

I'm willing to see how he goes, given a long run in the first team with Kane, let them form something.
He hasn't played much time in the prem this season.

Trouble is with that, you'd play 4-4-2 against Everton and Chelsea?

Or 4-2-3-1, with Eriksen on the right wing having to track back against Willian/Ivanovic? He'd get destroyed.

Trouble is with that, you'd play 4-4-2 against Everton and Chelsea?

Or 4-2-3-1, with Eriksen on the right wing having to track back against Willian/Ivanovic? He'd get destroyed.
I was discussing this in another thread somewhere.
But yes, don't play 2 upfront against teams in/~ top 4/5.
Up to Poch who he plays.

Sad truth is, he'll most likely leave in January, and will go back to being the prolific striker he was in Valencia. We all know this will happen. :soldadowatch:

Back
Top Bottom