Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adebayors goal was meaningless because we lost 2-1... Soldado's contribution helped us win 2-0. Not saying he'd do the same every game... not saying Soldado won the game for us... Simply saying scoring one goal doesn't make you exempt from criticism, Adebayor has been timid and recently Soldado has been playing well.

Adebayor was involved in the goal that secured us our last league win RECENTLY! He was also involved in the build up to our last league goal as well as scoring it RECENTLY. He also played in Eriksen for a lovely chance at the weekend, just because he didnt finish it doesnt make it a decent assist.

Soldados penalty miss was crucial as it would have put us level at City.

Fuck me everyone just needs to accept that people have differing opinions. Some think Soldado should play, some think he is shit and Ade should play.
Some think last season should be taken into account when picking the team for the next game, some dont.

Having your own opinion is fine, discussing why you hold that opinion is fine, but droning on trying to convince others that you are right is as futile as them trying to convince you that you are wrong.

Soldado was brilliant the other night, fair enough it was only Brighton, but he looked sharp and dangerous. Give him a shot at number 10 ahead of the ineffectual Eriksen with Ade up top. Would make us a more potent threat and would hopefully give Eriksen the wake up call he needs. Get Lamela on the pitch at the same time as Roberto as well, they linked up brilliantly for that goal

Fuck me everyone just needs to accept that people have differing opinions. Some think Soldado should play, some think he is shit and Ade should play.
Some think last season should be taken into account when picking the team for the next game, some dont.

Having your own opinion is fine, discussing why you hold that opinion is fine, but droning on trying to convince others that you are right is as futile as them trying to convince you that you are wrong.

there's a handful of simpletons who come on here and spout the same shite almost every fecking day lol

cringey as fuck :bentley:

Soldado was brilliant the other night, fair enough it was only Brighton, but he looked sharp and dangerous. Give him a shot at number 10 ahead of the ineffectual Eriksen with Ade up top. Would make us a more potent threat and would hopefully give Eriksen the wake up call he needs. Get Lamela on the pitch at the same time as Roberto as well, they linked up brilliantly for that goal

2 up top needs to be given a go especially as all our strikers have been struggling in the league. Getting the balance right in midfield will then be the challenge. Maybe a diamond so Capoue can keep his DM spot Dembele can be box to box Eriksen or Mason pulling the strings and Lamela/Eriksen in the hole. Naughton and Rose overlapping providing the width.

What else is there to discuss regarding Soldado?

Shall we talk swoon about his goals.....or perhaps discuss our fears about Real coming in as he would suit them to a tee.....or how he reminds of us Berbatov and Gilzean...maybe post some gifs from the last few games eh?

Its the only topic to discuss....should he play, and why, or should he not, and why....that will of course drag Ade and Kane into the debate.

If you read the discussion, its not the same thing over and over whatsoever, just because the topic is the same. The input changes, I dont know if you have noticed, but Soldado has actually played a few of games over the last few weeks.

His performances are being discussed. Is it the same discussion to talk about the Brighton game as it was BEFORE the Brighton game? Not really is it.

Is it same discussion now, after he has played in the PL with the three AMs as it was BEFORE, when we had never seen him play in the PL with the 3 AMs.....nope, prolly not.

How about discuss what you think about Soldado, instead of bitching about what other people are discussing about Soldado.

What else is there to discuss regarding Soldado?

How about discuss what you think about Soldado, instead of bitching about what other people are discussing about Soldado.

It's worth discussing whether he should play or not, i get that Ade has historically scored more but maybe it needs to be accepted that Soldado works harder for the team (it wont be accepted I know, which is half my point)

I did actually give my thoughts, but it got lost in 190+ pages of a metaphorical dog chasing it's own tail.

It's worth discussing whether he should play or not, i get that Ade has historically scored more but maybe it needs to be accepted that Soldado works harder for the team (it wont be accepted I know, which is half my point)

I did actually give my thoughts, but it got lost in 190+ pages of a metaphorical dog chasing it's own tail.

Maybe it needs to be accepted?

By who? People that dont share your opinion? Why...because you are right and they are wrong...?

You just said in your last post "Fuck me everyone just needs to accept that people have differing opinions. Some think Soldado should play, some think he is shit and Ade should play.
Having your own opinion is fine, discussing why you hold that opinion is fine, but droning on trying to convince others that you are right is as futile as them trying to convince you that you are wrong."

But now "it should be accepted" that your view is the correct one...

:llorishuh:

But now "it should be accepted" that your view is the correct one...
Sorry, I should have qualified that statement, the fact that people believe he works harder for the team needs to be accepted as their reasoning for him starting over Ade.

I dont think anyone here has a personal issue with Ade, if he always strolled around and took ages to pick himself up off the floor to walk back onside slowly people wouldn't be so frustrated with him.

The fact that everyone knows what he is capable of is the massive issue here, and has even his most vocal defenders suggesting that he could be carrying an injury.

I dont think anyone here has a personal issue with Ade

Bulldog-gifs.gif

My point is that since last December, Ade has made 29 PL appearances, and scored 13 PL goals, with 5 assists.

When Soldado tops that, at any level, come and ask me if I would start him ahead of Ade.

Funny that its so close in the number of PL games played actually, so the comparison is quite fair.

Last year Soldado played 28 PL games, and scored 6 goals (4 penalties), with 6 assists.

So, what is your point more like..

You were talking about how many shots he has had to score those goals. So I said how many shots has Adebayor had in his last 4 games.
Sorry, but I watched that Adebayor interview, you know the one where he had just come back into Tim's favour. I actually thought he wasn't a bad bloke and thought he deserves a chance ( remember Soldado had a bereavement to deal with last year too). However, remember that game at Old Trafford? Have you seen him run around and try like that since? It seems to me that Adebayor is either wanting to play or not.
In fact Soldado scored more goals in less appearances for Valencia than Adebayor did for Woolwich.
Since 2006 Soldado has score 107 league goals for 5 clubs. Adebayor 124 since 2001 for 6 clubs.
So, Soldado has topped him at any level ( and the highest) at Valencia, and Adebayor has scored just 17 more league goals in 5 more years.

Adebayor hasn't done it since 2011/12. Even then he had some luck. A few of his goals were straight at keepers but came off and went in. I remember when he fluffed a penalty(WBA I think) but got really lucky with the rebound.
He also had VDV, Bale and Modric in the team.

Let's face it, if Adebayor was the kind of player everyone seems to think he is, he would have still been at either Woolwich, Real or Man city.
We seem to be the only club that has not recognised that he isn't really as great as he's cracked up to be and he's been here the longest of all his clubs. That's Spurs for you.
However, I would not be surprised if from January onwards Adebayor starts putting in the same effort he did under his first few games under Tim, having loads of shots and scoring a few goals.
If he doesn't his agent has a free lined up for him next summer.

Soldado's play outside the box has improved loads this season. He's a lot more useful with his back to goal. I reckon he should get more time sat just behind Kane linking-up play, rather than doing the fox in the box thing.

Back
Top Bottom