Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difference is that Ade is on 80 grand with us, and cost 5M...City paid the rest up until this season.

Soldado transfer fee alone around five times as much, and Id imagine he's on the same wages.

Why make up an argument about Adebayors cost being the reason Poch is playing him, when he is costing us less than a lot of other players bought recently?

I mean, seriously...why? Why make shit up?

The fact is his wages won't go up. There is no time limit etc on when his wages inflate. That was a newspaper headline that had zero quotes or substance.

Ade is probably bringing in our top tier wages but under our wage limit, but the rest would have been a lump sum or structured from city to please the fa fair play financial rules and the taxman on ades part.

The "his wages are about to go up to 170k a week" shrieking is total bollocks.

If you were cynical, his fee was probably sloshed into his payoff. Moving money around so City don't get penalized. We kinda did the same with swansea and transfer fees.

Man city supplemented his wages so he fits in our wage structure

He is on big money, but we are not paying him Man City style wages. Plus we got him for cheap so it's shrewd work by Lev.

Its a tiresome myth that people bring up when they cant slate his overall goal tally in comparison to Soldados.

You can post as many facts as you like about Ades costs, but it will just go quiet, and in a few weeks, they will just say the same thing again.

Whats the point in a false smear campaign for fucks sake. Cant people at least believe what they are arguing on a personal level. Wheres the self dignity?

It is understood Spurs refused to break their strict wage structure to accommodate Adebayor.
But with the player refusing to accept a big pay-cut, City were forced to accept having to continue to pay the player the difference between his earnings with them and his new wage of around £80,000 in order to complete the deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/19334854

The fact is his wages won't go up. There is no time limit etc on when his wages inflate. That was a newspaper headline that had zero quotes or substance.

Ade is probably bringing in our top tier wages but under our wage limit, but the rest would have been a lump sum or structured from city to please the fa fair play financial rules and the taxman on ades part.

The "his wages are about to go up to 170k a week" shrieking is total bollocks.

If you were cynical, his fee was probably sloshed into his payoff. Moving money around so City don't get penalized. We kinda did the same with swansea and transfer fees.

Exactly...posted a link above.

His new wage with us was 80 odd grand. City paid the rest for the time owed and THFC refused to break the transfer structure.

Man city supplemented his wages so he fits in our wage structure

He is on big money, but we are not paying him Man City style wages. Plus we got him for cheap so it's shrewd work by Lev.
He costs more in wages per year than 3 other first teamers put together - our highest payed player by far - wage thief of note, just like his buddy Ekunto

And good luck recouping Soldados fee...he'll be 31 next year, and he's 3rd choice

He'll still be in his twenties at the end of this season, he turns 30 at the end of May next year.

But I agree that comparing how much the two players have cost us is fruitless, all that matters is what they do on the pitch, not where their relative salaries or fees sit in the grand scheme of the company.

Okay so I am being trolled.

Got it.

You mean I got his age wrong by one year? Thats called a mistake and it doesnt change the point that we have fuck all chance in getting his fee back.

Different to fabricating lies to make someone's situation seem worse than it is.

Odd that you read the bbc quotes but just glide on like its nothing. I expect you to pipe up with the same shit in a few weeks and act like you dont know better.

You mean I got his age wrong by one year? Thats called a mistake and it doesnt change the point that we have fuck all chance in getting his fee back.

Different to fabricating lies to make someone's situation seem worse than it is.

Odd that you read the bbc quotes but just glide on like its nothing. I expect you to pipe up with the same shit in a few weeks and act like you dont know better.
What do you have against Soldado? Did he shag your misses or something? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to be this against someone.

What do you have against Soldado?

I dont think he's very good and doesnt fit into this team very well. Hasnt done nearly enough, and I dont think he works hard enough to make up for his general lack of anything else. He cost 26M and was bought to score goals.

He doesnt. Thats what I have against him....football related stuff, you know.

If he comes good, I will be behind him, but Im not going to buy into that bullshit line about "players need support all the time" from cretins slating Adebayor and Vlad, and Townsend etc.....get me?

I think he did some good stuff at the Etihad, and said so at the time....does that mean I am going to sit here and fucking kid myself that the penalty miss was "unlucky".....No...it was fucking shit, and it got us a good hiding.

He played well enough last night too. Better than the Forest game despite the fact he scored in that one. Should I sit here and pretend that it was ok to hit the bar from there.....for 26M striker against that level of keeper? No....it was another shit miss, to add to the countless others going back 15 months.

Maybe you find it difficult to comprehend that my feelings for Soldado are not personal. Seems like a decent bloke who seems to take the game very seriously and Id love it to click, because Im a Tottenham fan.

People who cry about other peoples perceived agendas, are usually the ones with the worst agendas themselves.

I dont rate him. Get over it.

A lone striker (to me) is someone who creates a constant threat to the opposition, be it by shooting/scoring or by setting others up to score. You see some teams playing a striker up on his own and they smash the ball to them and it pretty much goes straight back as the striker can't control it or has no idea what to do when they get it.

Adebayor is far better at holding on to the ball, waiting for players to join him and laying it off, working a shot. Soldado is more about a quick first time pass to another player, rather than holding the ball for a length of time. Two different styles of player, but for me Soldado fits in better when playing with Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli at this moment of time, however when Adebayor is in full motivated form, he's a different beast.
Mate you deserve a pat on the back for that, spot on.

Most of the people who back Ade seem willing to see Kane start....from what Ive seen though, most backing Soldado now want Kane AND Soldado to start.

The recent claims that the only problem was that supply from poor midfielders in Soldados case has been largely dismissed now, after a no show at the Etihad, and subsequent dropping, despite playing in the famed formation.

I cant fathom why Soldados biggest backers are unwilling to see Kane play in front of the 3 AMs as he is the in form striker.

Now they want to change the entire set up, to acomodate a striker who hasnt earned a spot.

Which would mean that even taking Ade out of their blinkered view, they also feel Soldado deserves to play ahead of either Lamela, Chadli or Eriksen.

Yeah, lets disband the ONLY thing working in the team for Bobby....until we need a new reason as to why his shots dont go in the goal.
BECAUSE HE'S NOT A FUCKING STRIKER YOU DUMB CUNT. HOW MANY TIMES HAS KANE PLAYED UP FRONT ON HIS OWN THIS SEASON, AND HOW MANY GOALS HAS HE SCORED WHILST DOING SO. IF KANE AND SOLDADO UP FRONT IS DOING BETTER THAN ADEBAYOR ON HIS OWN, ITS A NO BRAINER. START THE STRONGEST SQUAD.

Fucking troll.

I dont think he's very good and doesnt fit into this team very well. Hasnt done nearly enough, and I dont think he works hard enough to make up for his general lack of anything else. He cost 26M and was bought to score goals.

He doesnt. Thats what I have against him....football related stuff, you know.

If he comes good, I will be behind him, but Im not going to buy into that bullshit line about "players need support all the time" from cretins slating Adebayor and Vlad, and Townsend etc.....get me?

I think he did some good stuff at the Etihad, and said so at the time....does that mean I am going to sit here and fucking kid myself that the penalty miss was "unlucky".....No...it was fucking shit, and it got us a good hiding.

He played well enough last night too. Better than the Forest game despite the fact he scored in that one. Should I sit here and pretend that it was ok to hit the bar from there.....for 26M striker against that level of keeper? No....it was another shit miss, to add to the countless others going back 15 months.

Maybe you find it difficult to comprehend that my feelings for Soldado are not personal. Seems like a decent bloke who seems to take the game very seriously and Id love it to click, because Im a Tottenham fan.

People who cry about other peoples perceived agendas, are usually the ones with the worst agendas themselves.

I dont rate him. Get over it.

Your observations are pretty much correct. I get the feeling though that you use your arguments around certain players simply to prove that other board members are wrong, or have wronged you in some way. And then make those points to death. Your comments are about football ability but your MO seems a bit more meta than that.

But I'd still rather read your type of posts than idiots who just come on and make sweeping statements like ade is lazy or any English player under 5'9 is shit.

Your observations are pretty much correct. I get the feeling though that you use your arguments around certain players simply to prove that other board members are wrong, or have wronged you in some way. And then make those points to death. Your comments are about football ability but your MO seems a bit more meta than that.

But I'd still rather read your type of posts than idiots who just come on and make sweeping statements like ade is lazy or any English player under 5'9 is shit.

At the end of the day, there is nothing to prove....unless Soldado has scored more goals than Ade for Spurs and Ive missed it.

Thats why I have Ade ahead of him. If that changes, so will my stance.

Couldnt give a shit about right or wrong. If Im wrong about Soldado, Tottenham benefit and thats my only agenda, the club. Whatever team Id pick is irrelevent in reality, like it is for all of us....

Last one i promise...

What about the other players that didn't score? We only won 2-0? Kane got a tap in and anyone could have scored Lamela's goal... Is it not possible he was on the pitch to do more than JUST put the ball in the back of the net? I mean, ignore your own agenda, your own ideas about what he's supposed to do, and think for a second that he was part of a team. 10 other players all doing jobs.. Soldado's goalscoring record isn't the greatest, thats no secret... BUT, revolutionary idea... its possible for a striker to have a better 90 minutes and NOT score, than one who does score in 90 minutes.

Adebayors goal was meaningless because we lost 2-1... Soldado's contribution helped us win 2-0. Not saying he'd do the same every game... not saying Soldado won the game for us... Simply saying scoring one goal doesn't make you exempt from criticism, Adebayor has been timid and recently Soldado has been playing well.

Back
Top Bottom