Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is far out, man. Way far out.

bxg2pvg.gif

This thread reminds of of Masons old Tottenham profile pic.

ryan-mason.jpg

With relation to Paulinho needing balance in the team.
Is he really a player we should bother investing this much time into. How high is his ceiling? He won't be a world beater like Modric or players like that.

With relation to Paulinho needing balance in the team.
Is he really a player we should bother investing this much time into. How high is his ceiling? He won't be a world beater like Modric or players like that.

I'm hopeful because at least Poch is using him in a less defensive position these days, even though in the past I thought he might be better off as a water carrier as a holding player (after seeing how dire his shooting was)

Dembele has been nursing (a calf?) injury recently. IMO those two further forward when fit are pretty exhausting for midfields to deal with. The key for me is to leave Pailinho on for the full game. He like Modric never slows down, even though they don't have the impact from actual goals and assists you would want. There is a lot to be said for Paulinhos industry IMO. I'd be interested to see when his goals are scored in relation to the clock. Are they mostly at the end of each half etc.

He can never play 90 mins. His hip or knee always go. I am sick of him
Get your facts straight mate.
The following players had worse injury records than him last season (Shown as % of season lost due to injury):
Capoue 50%
Lamela 48%
Kaboul 40%
Vertonghen 40%
Rose 38%
Sandro 30%
Chiriches 28%
Walker 28%
Lennon 25%
Townsend 25%
Ade 23%
Dembele 23%

Suppose by your logic there are 10 players we need to sell before him (Sandro already sold)?

Yeah, fair enough. I would probably have said the same about Kaboul. But we are short at centre-back. We don't need any more central midfielders. If we are going to cut one, lets do the sensible thing and cut Dembele.
If he comes back and can actually play a few 90 minutes in a row, I will be the first to hold my hands and congratulate him. I can't see it ever happening though
We have FIVE CB's!

He completed 19 games for us last season, and was subbed off in 13 games, usually around the 65 minute. And he usually limped off. These are the facts mate
You are clutching at straws mate, many subs were tactical not all injury. Some were fitness getting back from injury. I have already posted the facts about games missed as a direct consequence to injury, but hey carry on making a tit of yourself by all means.

Agree. Mason has impressed me more in two games than Paulinho ever has. We need hard workers that want to drive the ball up the field with incisive, forward passing. Paulinho doesn't do any of that. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Dembele because of the same reason.

Agree. Mason has impressed me more in two games than Paulinho ever has. We need hard workers that want to drive the ball up the field with incisive, forward passing. Paulinho doesn't do any of that. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Dembele because of the same reason.

I don't think it's either or. I'd love to see a fit Dembele and Mason playing together.

Back
Top Bottom