Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just saw their goal on youtube and the "handball" didn't look conclusive from what I saw
Is there some other angles that make it look obvious?
Was out last night and got to my phone when it was 10 mins into extra time - not sure why it made me laugh to see we had one shot on goal but won it 2-1

Were we that shot shy or were they just playing for a 0 all draw?

I was there in the Palace end last night on the right hand side of the Holmesdale End. My best mate is Palace and only lives a short walk away from the ground. He had a spare so I thought fuck it, why not? The funniest moment of the night for me was how wound up the Palace fans were getting at the endless Vicario to Cuti passes. They fell for it every single time. You could tell Palace didn't want to press the ball but the fans were urging them on, and we'd then just pass straight through them. They fell into the trap every single time. Fucking class.

I was as silent as a mouse the whole night which felt weird. But fuck it. Three points are in the bag.

COYS

Woy even said he was happy how they pressed.

When did they press our defenders?
He must be confused.

just saw their goal on youtube and the "handball" didn't look conclusive from what I saw
Was out last night and got to my phone when it was 10 mins into extra time - not sure why it made me laugh to see we had one shot on goal but won it 2-1

They sat deep all game even when behind.

Yeah, they showed several last night.The first one looked a definate hand ball.Some of the others ,not so much

I thought he wasn’t too bad but asking to receive the ball from CBs almost at half way line with his back to goal is asking for trouble and not his remit as a wide forward. This is the FB should be to receive the ball and WF should be forward as it says on the tin. This is the problem when inverting FBs against low block teams. They basically get lost in the midfiekd quagmire abd are basically hidden. That’s why the CBs have no options apart from rolling the ball slowly to each other. Ange talked about space before the game but we made it worse. Davies might as well not have been playing. We need try to switch the ball quicker like we did for the 2nd goal. I’ve seen so many times where the opposition are able to ping the ball out wide from deep to wide player as we have our full backs tucked in so they have so much space. Then the FB has to make a run out to try to close down. By that time they have progressed to our pen box. We need to stop that and we need to start doing that but quicker and we will catch teams out more. A lot of our goals have come from getting the ball out wide and then crossing it although some of our crossing yday was bad. But we do get chances created this way.
Shock to see you posting negative tripe, as we move 5 points clear.

Yeah, Ange should abandon his tactics to make you happy, then if he did you’d be negative about some other aspect you know best about.

Plus a wall of text, gonna ignore you now Mr Negative.

Have to say the away support (as is the norm I guess) was fucking immense last night. Came through so loud on the telly, so must have been amazing for the players. My daughter (who wasn't really watching but was sat with me) said those spurs fans are so loud but they aren't at home.

She's learning. 🤣
Can you imagine what it would be like if we were given a bigger allocation???

Got to be fair, I thought the handball was unavoidable
It was unavoidable but that’s not the way the rule is interpreted. If a hand ball occurs directly leading to a goal, it’s always brought back regardless of intent.

For me, it’s clear as day. You can see the ball stop moving in the direction it was originally going off the chest even if it’s not in 4K off the arm. The only body part it could have hit to make the ball change directions is the left arm.

I agree with those saying we need to make a bigger deal of it, along with those ridiculous stats about yellow cards (or lack of) being given against us. I was furious that both the Maddison and VDV stamps down the Achilles were nothing but a common foul. Don’t need to go full Liverpool necessarily but I think it’s important to acknowledge and inquire about it.

Me and my lad were pissing ourselves when they were booing us cos we were playing it around the back, your fucking losing and still not pressing us, why are you booing lol
They were missing their two best player’s but that’s no excuse for not closing down. The booing was weird.

They loved him for good reason at Everton, but no doubt he's underperformed for us.

Maybe he's a player who needs to feel like the main man, and now he's swimming with bigger fish that's hard. £60mil price tag also brings pressure.

Agree, bench him, and let him try to find form as a sub, with a bit less pressure.
He’s never finding form. He’s a scuttler, poor touch and technique

I knew the result but didn't watch the game until late Friday night.

I didn't think we were under any pressure throughout the game, and Ange managed the game well.

I think that something like twelve fouls were given against Madders, and not a single yellow card, so it was easy to see what that old fucker in the Palace dugout had asked his players to do.

The second half we schooled them and the gulf in class was there for everyone to see. With a couple of additions in January (I think we need another quality CB anyway), i certainly think we can finish top four which would be an incredible season for us.

Ange did say that it would take more than a single TW to shape the squad to his vision.

My biggest takeaway is whatever happens from here on in, we play some of the best football in the PL.

The old guard has now gone or reduced to bit part appearances and that has made a huge difference.

Would love to see Conte dragged back to the stadium, strapped to a seat and made to watch a game of AngeBall, just to embarrass the fuck out of him.

I thought he wasn’t too bad but asking to receive the ball from CBs almost at half way line with his back to goal is asking for trouble and not his remit as a wide forward. This is the FB should be to receive the ball and WF should be forward as it says on the tin. This is the problem when inverting FBs against low block teams. They basically get lost in the midfiekd quagmire abd are basically hidden. That’s why the CBs have no options apart from rolling the ball slowly to each other. Ange talked about space before the game but we made it worse. Davies might as well not have been playing. We need try to switch the ball quicker like we did for the 2nd goal. I’ve seen so many times where the opposition are able to ping the ball out wide from deep to wide player as we have our full backs tucked in so they have so much space. Then the FB has to make a run out to try to close down. By that time they have progressed to our pen box. We need to stop that and we need to start doing that but quicker and we will catch teams out more. A lot of our goals have come from getting the ball out wide and then crossing it although some of our crossing yday was bad. But we do get chances created this way.

:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom