Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might be a tad early to say otherwise.
tumblr_od54edJYG51rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Exactly....Palace didn't , so it didn't work. Play some incisive passes instead.

"What they done was be patient and keep to the game plan and that’s where the 2nd goal comes from."

You're agreeing with someone that rightfully disagrees with you. 🤡

10 games in ? You got a crystal ball and know what's ahead ? Son is not a bad captain, he just wasn't the best choice.
To be honest, he wouldnt have been my first choice but my mind has been changed solely on Son's actions before the games.
In the tunnel he walks up and down the line of players and hugs and talks to them individually then returns to the front to lead them out. This is something Hugo and Harry never did, to them its more of a symbolic captaincy but to Son its more important and he has the team working for each other.

To be honest, he wouldnt have been my first choice but my mind has been changed solely on Son's actions before the games.
In the tunnel he walks up and down the line of players and hugs and talks to them individually then returns to the front to lead them out. This is something Hugo and Harry never did, to them its more of a symbolic captaincy but to Son its more important and he has the team working for each other.
completely agree

I thought Son was too nice to be a captain of a team that needed big shaking up from the dreadful end of last season. But in Ange we trust. He knows a lot more about man management than I do. We also don't have a Dave Mackay in centre MF or central defence. He's the senior player now, been here longer than anyone else. Well, leaving aside Dier, who if his form was as good as in peak Poch would be a good shout.

I also don't like striker being captain - just concentrate on scoring goals, no added pressure blabla. Well, stats say that's not an issue!!

With Son the other day, just loved how after the goal, even before he celebrated, he was pointing to Johnson.

Great stuff.

10 games in ? You got a crystal ball and know what's ahead ? Son is not a bad captain, he just wasn't the best choice.

"Crystal ball"????

Fucking cheek of you....... You wrote Ange & Son off after a zero game sample size and some bollocks about how you used to manage a Sainsburys.

.....Get to fuck.

completely agree

I thought Son was too nice to be a captain of a team that needed big shaking up from the dreadful end of last season. But in Ange we trust. He knows a lot more about man management than I do. We also don't have a Dave Mackay in centre MF or central defence. He's the senior player now, been here longer than anyone else. Well, leaving aside Dier, who if his form was as good as in peak Poch would be a good shout.

Yeh, but you haven't managed a string of Happy Shopper corner stores like Dealy-Bops...

He knows tingz, innit. :ange-facepalm:

This same thing happened when we got a penalty at Anfield a few years back, Officials tried to fuck us for months afterwards. Luckily it hasn't cost us yet.

But in hindsight the amount of kicking they did after the ball had gone to not get any cards from a ref who is usually quite card happy was a joke.

Ayew 8 or 9 fouls before he was finally booked, and he threw the ball away twice and mouthed back to the ref on several occassions.

As for the goal clear handball. You could see it on every single angle I have no idea how they managed to take that long and not give it, was almost like they were trying to find the least conclusive angle possible.

Anyway, fuck em. We are top of the league
Yellow cards being dished out or not is a mixed blessing. We have had a lot of yellow cards this season leading to Biss’s suspension and several other players have accumulated many cards and are at risk of a suspension. Whilst it would have helped if some yellow cards were dished out Friday to their defenders it might have led to them being more careful and not being able to do a professional foul allowing our attacker to get free. It also could have resulted in a red if they got a 2nd. On the other hand when a Ref dishes out cards we tend to pick them up as well sometimes for petty offences like arguing with Refs or timewasting and we cannot afford to get many more.
if we had not won I would have said the ref should have handed out yellow cards but as we did and Biss escaped a yellow, then perhaps in retrospect low cards was in our favour and as far as we are aware no injuries.

I have now watched the match on Spursplay ( because I do it legally )
Blatant "I judge anyone who doesn't, but clearly, I've occasionally watched other things illegally" post!

. I didn't think we were very good. Maddison had a slightly off night, Son apart from the tap in was average, Richi his usual wasteful self. Bissouma quiet, Porro and Davies unimpressive. Romero and Vdv defended well but were both a little safe in their build up play, too much sideways and back passing . Sarr very good . It's just as well Palace were shite.
Ref was shite as well, a few yellows went begging IMO. It looked like a handball for their goal but Porro was poor for it.
We had a poor second half v Fulham as well and Posto needs to address it.
..and yet 6 points from (I think you namechecked 8 of our players) playing poorly...

Just IMAGINE when we get into 3rd gear!!!!

We've spent the last 8 or so years either playing amazingly well at times (under Poch) but often not getting the results we deserved (or failing at the last, so all our hard work was undone)
...or playing turgid awful, negative football (under Mourinho, Nuno & Conte) and often getting EXACTLY what we deserved, ie: NOT A LOT, without the attacking intent or nous to do anything about it!

Now, there's a chance we've uncovered a system of play that not only allows us to play scintillating, attack-minded football, but, on the inevitable occasions during a game where our levels drop, we STILL have the wherewithal about us that has managed to see out games and - dare I say - grind out wins when required!!

I'll take that for now, seeing as we're ONLY 10 games in!!

Chin up sunshine, no one's expecting us to win The Treble, so there'll be plenty of time for your negativity come May!

But for now, try and enjoy the shoots of hope, eh?

It turns out he is the best choice! You drunk?
He’s drunk on his own Ego.

These are the best days (at seasons start) I recall in 40years of supporting Spurs.

Son was clearly the best choice (Ange totally got all 3 leaders right, I didn’t want Son, but was utterly wrong). Our tactics the best (within talent pool constraints).

Honestly think Football is not for this type, dragging others down when we’ve been starved of our DNA and hope for years.

Finally managed to watch the whole game.

Ref was shocking. Palace should have had 3 bookings in 1st half. That handball....what a joke.

Vicario, VDV, Romero and Saar superb.

PEH, Royal and Johnson done well when they come on, I also thought Bissouma was quietly really good apart from that one loose moment in second half.

Maddison and Son there when we needed.

Palace under Roy will always be tough away from home especially after they took a battering in their previous game.

Also there is more to come from Johnson once he gets his shooting boots on he will be a real threat.

Think Ange sees him as a LW option first, I personally didn't, but genuinely think that's where he'll get most of his game time now

What the heck was Roy thinking blaming two teenagers?

They were 2 down and about 20minutes to go, strewth, that was a bad judgment call to claim it was their fault!

Back
Top Bottom