Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Momentum is huge in football and we have to keep this going. It’s a London derby so it’ll be a tough game regardless.

Biss is one yellow away from another suspension but I feel he needs to play. Best behaviour.

0-2 Spurs and we go into the weekend 5 points clear at the top! 🤞

Last edited:
I would bring in Bissouma for Sarr and Brennan Johnson for Richarlison.

Palace are a pretty poor side, we need to be winning this.

bissouma must get through this without a booking! a statement win here would be lovely! a nice 0-4 or something. target ward, hes a weak link among weak links for them lol.

chelsea
wolves
villa

then the biggest test well have all season..... we need to win the next 4! villa also going to be a fucing tough game! ideally bissouma picks up a yellow late on against chelsea and misses wolves. we need him badly for villa and city

bissouma must get through this without a booking! a statement win here would be lovely! a nice 0-4 or something. target ward, hes a weak link among weak links for them lol.

chelsea
wolves
villa

then the biggest test well have all season..... we need to win the next 4! villa also going to be a fucing tough game! ideally bissouma picks up a yellow late on against chelsea and misses wolves. we need him badly for villa and city
I'll take a comfortable 0-1 if that's OK. A deflection off Sarr's arse preferably..Anything to keep the word "contender" off Merson's lips until April.

This will not be an easy game, Palace at home is a tricky fixture at the best of times so the place will be rocking on a Friday night, we cant afford to waste so many chances like we did yesterday! Richie was good on the left and created a lot but he needs to be at least hitting the target when he has a goal scoring opportunity , Brennan will be chomping at the bit to make that position his, hopefully the pressure of his place can finally help Richie get that goal he is needing, if not your on the bench from 60 minutes and Brennan gets the start next game!
Hojberg played great yesterday so I'd actually be tempted to keep it the same for Palace and have Biss fresh for the Chavs!
Maybe its a bit early still but hopefully next month we should be seeing Bentancaur back on the bench which will be a huge boost!
I always said 7 points from these 3 games would be title winning form , we have 3 so 4 left to get , lets get a win Friday and we can really start to dream!

They're without Eze and Olise. Quite clearly their two best players and their two most creative players.

They haven't scored a goal from open play since 16/09/2023 which was 5 games ago in all competitions.

They have however kept 3 cleansheets in their last 4 league games and have only lost 1 home game all season, which was to Woolwich.

Has all the makings however of a slip up. We play Friday night. Under the lights on television at a Selhurst Park that will be rocking. Chance to go 5 points clear....

They will sit back and look to break on the counter, then again who doesn't against us? We'll have alot of the ball and I think it's important we approach this like we did Luton. Need to go out all guns blazing and try and get that early goal like Newcastle did. Once a goal comes, those floodgates should open.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Kulusevski - Son - Richarlison​

Get in and get out with 3 points. Don't care how. Go 5 points clear, put feet up and relax for 10 days

Palace have a tonne of injuries, especially in their attack. Regardless of that, Selhurst is always a tough place, and Roy will set his team up to be tough to get through.

Biss was missed last night, and we need him back. Best behaviour though, as we need him for Chelsea.

Biss for Hojbjerg if Sarr is ok, and Johnson for Richy.

Momentum is huge in football and we have to keep this going. It’s a London derby so it’ll be a tough game regardless.

Biss is one yellow away from another suspension but I feel he needs to play. Best behaviour.

0-2 Spurs and we go into the weekend 5 points clear at the top! 🤞
Pardon my ignorance but

I was under the impression that prior to the Luton game Bissouma was one yellow away from a one match suspension (5 in total?)
He got that with his first yellow in the game
The second yellow earned him another match suspension for being a sending off.

Is that incorrect?

Pardon my ignorance but

I was under the impression that prior to the Luton game Bissouma was one yellow away from a one match suspension (5 in total?)
He got that with his first yellow in the game
The second yellow earned him another match suspension for being a sending off.

Is that incorrect?

Second yellow making it a red cancelled it out. Meaning he got a game suspension for the red but still on 4 yellows and remains one away from another suspension.

I would bring in Bissouma for Sarr and Brennan Johnson for Richarlison.

Palace are a pretty poor side, we need to be winning this.

Interesting.

No way Richarlison will start. Sarr having a rest is also a good shout. Hjojberg did well.last night in the main.

Wouldn't be surprised if Royal also starts.

Only change will be bissouma for either hojbjerg or Sarr. Overall we're playing very good football and top of the league deservedly at this point. Palace away is tough come away with another 3 points here from a tricky away ground and then I think we'll have to be taken seriously as title contenders in atleast the near future.

Is it worth sticking with PEH for this one so that Bissouma is definitley available for Chelsea in a fortnight?

I thought PEH had a decent game last night and can do a job vs. Palace but Chelsea we will need to dominate the MF and bring Biss back in, it's Chelsea's cup final after all, they won't give us the same reach around they gave the gooners.

Going to be a desperate night for me...Will be at the game with my late wifes cousin in corporate in the sainsbury end ..
My wife passed in April,she was originally from Purley and all her family are palace fans.
Going to miss the eeeeeeegullls shouts and banter from her

Love ya darling.

Last edited:
This will not be an easy game, Palace at home is a tricky fixture at the best of times so the place will be rocking on a Friday night, we cant afford to waste so many chances like we did yesterday! Richie was good on the left and created a lot but he needs to be at least hitting the target when he has a goal scoring opportunity , Brennan will be chomping at the bit to make that position his, hopefully the pressure of his place can finally help Richie get that goal he is needing, if not your on the bench from 60 minutes and Brennan gets the start next game!
Hojberg played great yesterday so I'd actually be tempted to keep it the same for Palace and have Biss fresh for the Chavs!
Maybe its a bit early still but hopefully next month we should be seeing Bentancaur back on the bench which will be a huge boost!
I always said 7 points from these 3 games would be title winning form , we have 3 so 4 left to get , lets get a win Friday and we can really start to dream!
Biss will start. We can’t not play him.

Back
Top Bottom