Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to the pub with my cousin (who saw her first game against Fulham).
My main takes from the game were:
1. The team spirit in our lads is off the scale.
2. We can get results when not firing on all cylinders.
3. The only way teams can live with us is by kicking us to pieces, and refs are letting them.
4. That second goal was a thing of beauty, I could watch it over and over.
5. Biss was subdued, understandably, but so glad he's going to be available for the chavs.
6. So good to see Hot Rod back on the field, even if it was only for 10 minutes.
7. How was their goal allowed to stand? They still got it wrong after watching it for three minutes.
8. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league.

Absolutely miserable outside but nothing gonna dampen my spirits today ,Top of the table ,Palace and the Ref made that hard for us but we now have that togetherness and determination to get the job done , brilliant performance from the guys.

Another good win whilst not playing particularly well, let's hope that doesn't come to an end against Chelsea.
We do seem to be lacking a spark, thought Kulu was anonymous again last night, I think we need some threat from wide areas.

I went to the pub with my cousin (who saw her first game against Fulham).
My main takes from the game were:
1. The team spirit in our lads is off the scale.
2. We can get results when not firing on all cylinders.
3. The only way teams can live with us is by kicking us to pieces, and refs are letting them.
4. That second goal was a thing of beauty, I could watch it over and over.
5. Biss was subdued, understandably, but so glad he's going to be available for the chavs.
6. So good to see Hot Rod back on the field, even if it was only for 10 minutes.
7. How was their goal allowed to stand? They still got it wrong after watching it for three minutes.
8. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league.
Wouldn’t disagree with any of that , but then I wouldn’t disagree with you even if I did

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I think you will know what I mean above , however I wrote it and it seems to make no sense

I can't believe that they got away with two yellow card offences for raking the Achilles on our players twice.

Clearly instructed to be rough and brutal. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but there's something iffy about the decisions in our games post-Liverpool. I appreciate that might be confirmation bias.

Gutted about the Ayew goal, but understand - they couldn't find a definitive angle which was conclusive. It doesn't affect the result even if it was nervy.

We are the 13th team to amass 26 or more points after 10 games in all of PL history. Six won the league. 11/12 finished third or higher. Only Newcastle in 94-95 failed and that was a 42 game season. Strong odds on a third place finish or higher. Let's fucking go. Ten days to perfect the tactics for Chelsea. Top until at least 16:45 Saturday week.

Yeah, Carragher started it by saying according to Nevile Ange just copied Pep. All done in fun and Ange said nothing wrong with that. Neville said that he tried to copy Pep as well and that’s when Ange asked him how that had worked out for him. All good fun but the speed of Ange’s response was lightning quick. That’s when they fell about. Nice banter as Ange left to say he was going to watch Man City.
I think we're gonna see a weird transition stage with the Media and Spurs...

Right now, they clearly like/LOVE Ange MORE than they like Spurs...
If Ange was at (say) Liverpool or Man Utd it would actually be UNBEARABLE to watch Sky commentary... they'd be all over both clubs from the off...

But as it is, it feels like they're warming to us THROUGH Ange... he's basically grooming them into loving Spurs one day!!

Great result. Calm, assured and dominant performance.

Absolutely huge run of home games between now and December 31st. 6 out of ten at home. 18 points from those and we have almost guaranteed European football by the start of January. Amazing.

Lack of goals may turn out to be the Achilles heel of this team. But Levy can help that situation the 1st of Jan.

£1bn bid for Mbappe. Title is ours.
Yeah, but is he all that? :ange-arms2:

I think we're gonna see a weird transition stage with the Media and Spurs...

Right now, they clearly like/LOVE Ange MORE than they like Spurs...
If Ange was at (say) Liverpool or Man Utd it would actually be UNBEARABLE to watch Sky commentary... they'd be all over both clubs from the off...

But as it is, it feels like they're warming to us THROUGH Ange... he's basically grooming them into loving Spurs one day!!
Couldn't sleep last night so had a look on Red Cafe.

Man Utd fans already hoping we win the title!

How the mighty have fallen!

Tough one last night.

Think the left side looked weaker for the loss of Udogie because it's a very hard place to fill. That and Richarlison struggled, misplaced passes, stupid fouls, just very frustrating, I will caveat he did a couple of nice through balls and his far post head back should have led to a better chance but until Johnson and Royal came on the left wasn't functioning.

Palace played low block but really didn't threaten too much early stages and even when chances presented themselves Vicario was solid as always, But for all our possession we weren't making chances.

The ref allowed the game to flow in the worst way, a couple early yellows for Palace and they might not have been quite so aggressive.

All that said Romero, VDV and Sarr gave absolutely towering performances, we're so hard to counter against, you'll either get Romero at your heels or VDV will literally munch the ground up, exceptional.

Even while chances were very rare, Sonny ran his heart out chasing down Palace defenders and the keeper, keeping the pressure in the right place.

The Palace goal, great finish, blatant handball, no need for any histrionics, we don't need to hear the tape, we're better than that, by a good 5 points!

The atmosphere at games just gets better and better, it's been many years since I've seen such joy and, whisper it quietly, a growing quiet confidence in the fans.
Last night no one wanted to go home, celebrating with the squad and enjoying Bentancur's return, pushed to the front by the saintly Son.
Our skipper has become an immense presence at the club. Surely his beatification can only be a matter of time.
Amen. 😇

Have to say the away support (as is the norm I guess) was fucking immense last night. Came through so loud on the telly, so must have been amazing for the players. My daughter (who wasn't really watching but was sat with me) said those spurs fans are so loud but they aren't at home.

She's learning. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom