Palace v Spurs - 27th Oct - 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brennan Johnson for Richy has to happen. Not to pile on but Richarlison has been an unmitigated disaster out there.
I thought he wasn’t too bad but asking to receive the ball from CBs almost at half way line with his back to goal is asking for trouble and not his remit as a wide forward. This is the FB should be to receive the ball and WF should be forward as it says on the tin. This is the problem when inverting FBs against low block teams. They basically get lost in the midfiekd quagmire abd are basically hidden. That’s why the CBs have no options apart from rolling the ball slowly to each other. Ange talked about space before the game but we made it worse. Davies might as well not have been playing. We need try to switch the ball quicker like we did for the 2nd goal. I’ve seen so many times where the opposition are able to ping the ball out wide from deep to wide player as we have our full backs tucked in so they have so much space. Then the FB has to make a run out to try to close down. By that time they have progressed to our pen box. We need to stop that and we need to start doing that but quicker and we will catch teams out more. A lot of our goals have come from getting the ball out wide and then crossing it although some of our crossing yday was bad. But we do get chances created this way.

Set my computer screen up alongside my tv so I could watch spurs and England rugby at the same time. At the end there I’m not sure which tv I didn’t want to watch the most

Rugby over Spurs?

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

To be fair. It wasn’t clear and obvious to me. This is where VAR sucks. If it isn’t clear and obvious within 30 seconds go with ref decision
It was clearly handball from one camera angle and clearly off his chest from another camera angle - and this, in a nutshell, is why VAR is SHIT.

On a related note, amongst a crowd of dirty, fouling cheats, it must be said that Jordan Ayew stands out as the most reprehensible cunt of the lot. He got away with murder last night.

Just watching the game again, that 2nd goal was so so good. The pass from Sarr, the header on by Johnson and his willingness to then continue to drive into the box to be available for the return pass. The control by Madds, the pass by Madds, then the final ball into Sonny so he just had a tap in. Wow prime Spurs.
And I will say it, Johnson looks like prime Dele before he lost his head.

that second goal show real football inteligence, sadly I don't think if Richy had been in same position his brain would have seen that, and that is a big problem for us

It was great because of course we want teams to press to create space to attack and they needed a goal so he was just like, “oh you don’t want to try and get the ball? Fine, okay, we’ll just play football among us two then” the Palace fans were so upset, I personally found it very entertaining.

Part of the reason we got the second goal was because of their fans booing their team which in turn forced indiscipline on their players and we took advantage to move the ball up the pitch quickly and pick them off. I found it so satisfying and I bet Ange loved it too.

I can't believe that they got away with two yellow card offences for raking the Achilles on our players twice.

Clearly instructed to be rough and brutal. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but there's something iffy about the decisions in our games post-Liverpool. I appreciate that might be confirmation bias.

Gutted about the Ayew goal, but understand - they couldn't find a definitive angle which was conclusive. It doesn't affect the result even if it was nervy.

We are the 13th team to amass 26 or more points after 10 games in all of PL history. Six won the league. 11/12 finished third or higher. Only Newcastle in 94-95 failed and that was a 42 game season. Strong odds on a third place finish or higher. Let's fucking go. Ten days to perfect the tactics for Chelsea. Top until at least 16:45 Saturday week.
Yeah, there was lots of talk about nice man Roy on the Ange thread before the game but we saw his true colours tonight, putting out a team that were trying to hobble our players.

Dirty gits, Edouard and Ayew got away with a lot.

It was clearly handball from one camera angle and clearly off his chest from another camera angle - and this, in a nutshell, is why VAR is SHIT.

On a related note, amongst a crowd of dirty, fouling cheats, it must be said that Jordan Ayew stands out as the most reprehensible cunt of the lot. He got away with murder last night.
Agreed, I mean ffs just look at the trajectory of how the ball bounced off him in relation to the angle the ball came into him. Cowardly simpletons the lot of them

Nice to wake up this morning , last nights three points safely tucked away and sit back and see how the weekends fixtures unfold .

Hopefully points dropped by some of our rivals to make the weekend even more enjoyable .

Unfortunately it looks like one of those weekends where the fixture calendar has thrown up manageable wins for all the top teams. You never know but I’ll be astounded if Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea don’t win their games.

Have to say the away support (as is the norm I guess) was fucking immense last night. Came through so loud on the telly, so must have been amazing for the players. My daughter (who wasn't really watching but was sat with me) said those spurs fans are so loud but they aren't at home.

She's learning. 🤣
Fans were amazing to be fair - row 41 view was shocking but palace kindly put a 26in tv on the gantry above our heads so we got to watch a bit of the game - throw in a 5 hour drive down the m40 and I was questioning my sanity but come the final whistle I wouldn’t swap a thing COYS

See he maybe a venerable old gentleman man...but He's actually a South London gangsta (MR W) all his years are like that. And no one you aside ever points it out.

Back
Top Bottom