Our Midfield Trio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey guys, new poster on this board.

The talent that oozes out of our young midfield is something to get stoked on. Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli I feel aren't clicking on all cylinders right now but once they do I feel like they are going to be a force to reckon with and one of the best attacking midfield groups in the league.

It seems like right now we need a guy like Dempsey that mops up goals shot by those guys. Soldado should be the one that does it but I find him always out of position to do the job he's most suitable for. But that's a whole 'nother topic for a whole 'nother day.

There's really nothing to discuss with this post, just that I think we have something really valuable with those three and right now we can see flashes of brilliance. When they all get going at the same time it's going to be some beautiful football.

On a side note, where ya from in the SoCal area? I live in Claremont, outskirts LA county.

I'm surprised no one mentioned how well Lamela was linking up with Bobby in the preseason. I really felt like that was going to be featured more as the regular season began. Yes, it's preseason, but that's where Mason showed potential as well, which is looking like it was no fluke. It's worth a run of games (I agree that 3 might be enough to get a handle on it), especially with Ade leaving the door open. I do think it's Kane that should probably get first crack at a trial in front of the Big 3, but until Bobby has also been tried in that role, I agree that he can't just be written off. I think that's the gist of what Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi has been saying, although his words have often been grotesquely twisted around here.

The list of players underneath him last year, come on. Such an oversimplification.

Boy these three failed miserably during the game.

Like the announcers said, how can you make any plays with each other when you're all standing about 10 feet apart. The defense just had to stand there and no balls could get through. These guys need to stretch the defense out.

The midfield trio behind a lone striker is our biggest stumbling block at home IMO. The diamond or straight up 442 is the way to go when we play the non-big 4 sides at the Lane. The inverted wingers clog the space for Eriksen and Adebayor. The 2 behind them in Mason and Capoue don't seem to have anyone making dangerous runs for them to try and play through (perhaps because we are so clustered)

Back
Top Bottom