Our Midfield Trio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its funny that you've chosen today to go super troll because earlier on i was thinking "Sammy is nowhere near as bad as Arcspace"
Im sure you just go into a thread, find the popular consensus and then try to argue against it.

The popular consesus is not that Soldado should replace Adebayor Im afraid. You are in the minority...so

The popular consesus is not that Soldado should replace Adebayor Im afraid. You are in the minority...so
I don't think he should either. But Adebayor hasn't exactly done enough to keep his place in the starting line up so i see no reason Soldado shouldn't be given a shot. And he's the only other striker we have, because like i mentioned, Harry Kane is a number 10.

Yep. Its definately the service.

:avbfacepalm:

Hilarious that was meant to be a good highlights vid

I never said he had a good year last year. But yes, this year, and indeed for much of last, it was the service that was an issue. We get that you don't like him. But your blanket assertion of "he's shit" is something others feels is debatable. I would argue that you don't put up numbers like he did at Valencia and still happen to be "shit". There is something rather more nuanced at issue.

I never said he had a good year last year. But yes, this year, and indeed for much of last, it was the service that was an issue. We get that you don't like him. But your blanket assertion of "he's shit" is something others feels is debatable. I would argue that you don't put up numbers like he did at Valencia and still happen to be "shit". There is something rather more nuanced at issue.

I dont care what he did at Valencia. Im a Tottenham fan.

Answer this honestly. Had Soldado been EXACTLY the same for Valencia, as he has for us, would you be backing him?

I get that you think he has some talent thats worth trying to get to.....but dont make out like he's done a single thing of note for this club. Its moronic to argue that the service is the issue when he has fluffed copious amounts of tap ins, one on ones, and open goals.

Its also moronic to champion him playing in front our current AMs as THE ANSWER.....while stating he hasnt had the chance to play with all three yet. That makes the claim no more than a baseless and desperate hope, so please, just describe it as such, and not as a fact.

I listed you about 15 players he has failed while playing with.

Sorry, but this is the squad we have. and right now, he is in the b team, and for good reason.

He has been shit there too.....you dont get promoted to the first team, when you cant cut it, or stand out amongst the kids and reserves, and the argument that "he is too good for the players around him" is bollocks. He also has the luxury of playing against Champo level sides, and is still shit.

He is being schooled by Kane, and if anyone deserves a shot with some "better service" its him.

Last edited:
That video makes me so sad, I want him to succeed so badly

We all do....I just cant pretend anymore.

The excuses for him are just endless. Its a simple fact that he does not make the effort to improve or grow as a player, and has no desire to adapt his game.

Waste of money, and Im not sure how anyone can think we actually got some value there.

I dont care what he did at Valencia. Im a Tottenham fan.

Answer this honestly. Had Soldado been EXACTLY the same for Valencia, as he has for us, would you be backing him?

I get that you think he has some talent thats worth trying to get to.....but dont make out like he's done a single thing of note for this club. Its moronic to argue that the service is the issue when he has fluffed copious amounts of tap ins, one ones, and open goals.

Its also moronic to champion him playing in front our current AMs as THE ANSWER.....while stating he hasnt had the chance to play with all three yet. That makes the claim no more than a baseless and desperate hope, so please, just describe it as such, and not as a fact.

I listed you about 15 players he has failed while playing with.

Sorry, but this is the squad we have. and right now, he is in the b team, and for good reason.

He has been shit there too.....you dont get promoted to the first team, when you cant cut it, or stand out amongst the kids and reserves, and the argument that "he is too good for the players around him" is bollocks. He also has the luxury of playing against Champo level sides, and is still shit.

He is being schooled by Kane, and if anyone deserves a shot with some "better service" its him.
Well, if he performed the same at Valencia as here, we wouldn't have signed him, now would we? The point is, he did perform.

You listed 15 players, most of whom were not chance creators. Why not include Lloris as well?

The point is that this 'B' team has no creative spark to speak of. Do Paulinho, Lennon or Townsend create? Rather the opposite. Should Soldado create all on his own? If so that's in complete contrast to the way Pochettino wants his teams to play.

And I also would prefer Kane over either Soldado or Adebayor. But I don't dismiss any player as "shit". Not the way I look at the game.

Well, if he performed the same at Valencia as here, we wouldn't have signed him, now would we? The point is, he did perform.

So he's been shit for Spurs then in other words.

You listed 15 players, most of whom were not chance creators. Why not include Lloris as well?

All those players are the ones we have had who get forward and/or create (bar Lamela who wasnt on the list)
Like I said....thats what he had to work with and he cant find a connection with any of them....but you think the problem is because he is not being played in front of the front three, who have only played 6 games together themselves.
How long will Soldado get with them to find form.......till Christmas and beyond no doubt, without scoring, yet Ade only gets 6 games with them.

The point is that this 'B' team has no creative spark to speak of. Do Paulinho, Lennon or Townsend create? Rather the opposite. Should Soldado create all on his own? If so that's in complete contrast to the way Pochettino wants his teams to play.

Kane does just fine in the b team and the first team. Soldado struggles in both.

What was your excuse for him last season when Ade and Kane came in under TS and scored goals with the same players behind him that Soldado had?

People talked up Holtby like it was a crime he was dropped and loaned out, and how energetic and creative he was. Why couldnt Soldado score with Holtby in the team?

Why dont you ever address the fact he very rarely takes the chances he does get.

And I also would prefer Kane over either Soldado or Adebayor. But I don't dismiss any player as "shit". Not the way I look at the game.

So you rated Rasiak and Zamora?

Now answer me this honestly (and for certain others, just answer it honestly in your head...that way you can keep up the Ade out campaign publically):

If Soldado had played like Ade since Christmas to now, would you want him dropped?

Last edited:
So he's been shit for Spurs then in other words.

All those players are the ones we have had who get forward and/or create (bar Lamela who wasnt on the list)
Like I said....thats what he had to work with and he cant find a connection with any of them....but you think the problem is because he is not being played in front of the front three, who have only played 6 games together themselves.
Yes, I do think that, as other than those 3, our midfielders are pretty dire at creating scoring chances. You said "get forward and/or" create". I am talking about chance creation. Getting forward without creating is pretty damn useless, but for some reason you feel those players count as playmakers even when they don't.
How long will Soldado get with them to find form.......till Christmas and beyond no doubt, without scoring, yet Ade only gets 6 games with them.
I'd give Soldado 3 games. He's training with them every day, knows their movements, and has already shown the ability to play well with both Lamela and Eriksen (last year). After 3 games, we'd be able to see if it was a nature or nurture situation. But I'd rather Kane got that chance first.

Kane does just fine in the b team and the first team. Soldado struggles in both.

What was your excuse for him last season when Ade and Kane came in under TS and scored goals with the same players behind him that Soldado had?

People talked up Holtby like it was a crime he was dropped and loaned out, and how energetic and creative he was. Why couldnt Soldado score with Holtby in the team?

Why dont you ever address the fact he very rarely takes the chances he does get.
I did. You just seem very eager to read a blanket advocacy for Soldado starting into everything I've said. Holtby did a lot of running around, but didn't seem to work out. As for Ade and Kane last year, it's not just the players. It's the system. Under AVB's system the striker was neglected. It didn't matter who the striker was, they were not going to be getting service. Also, under AVB, Chadli did not play a significant role, partly due to injuries and Eriksen only gradually received minutes in the team. When they were more readily available, Sherwood was in charge and Soldado didn't get the minutes, leaving your claim of having the same players behind him rather disingenuous.

Now answer me this honestly (and for certain others, just answer it honestly in your head...that way you can keep up the Ade out campaign publically):

If Soldado had played like Ade since Christmas to now, would you want him dropped?
Yes, I would, as I don't think Adebayor has played well enough this season to justify his spot. Based on the performances I've seen this year (the 2014-2015 season), I would prefer Kane to be the starting striker. But I would also have clear data that Soldado isn't working out with our best midfield, in your hypothetical. In reality, we don't have that data.

Reading through some of the player threads, i sometimes wonder what certain anti posters do when their subject of mockery has a good game or starts scoring. Do they cheer or swear because said player is proving them wrong.

Me i dont rate Paulinho at all and have severe doubts about Townsend,Vlad and to a lesser extend Capoue but if they perform and prove me wrong that means its better for Spurs. The Chadli hater brigade are still going strong these days too, if he does nothing they masacre him and if he scores its like look at all the things he did badly before in stead of saying - well i think i made an error in judgement ...

Yes, I do think that, as other than those 3, our midfielders are pretty dire at creating scoring chances. You said "get forward and/or" create". I am talking about chance creation. Getting forward without creating is pretty damn useless, but for some reason you feel those players count as playmakers even when they don't.

I'd give Soldado 3 games. He's training with them every day, knows their movements, and has already shown the ability to play well with both Lamela and Eriksen (last year). After 3 games, we'd be able to see if it was a nature or nurture situation. But I'd rather Kane got that chance first.

I did. You just seem very eager to read a blanket advocacy for Soldado starting into everything I've said. Holtby did a lot of running around, but didn't seem to work out. As for Ade and Kane last year, it's not just the players. It's the system. Under AVB's system the striker was neglected. It didn't matter who the striker was, they were not going to be getting service. Also, under AVB, Chadli did not play a significant role, partly due to injuries and Eriksen only gradually received minutes in the team. When they were more readily available, Sherwood was in charge and Soldado didn't get the minutes, leaving your claim of having the same players behind him rather disingenuous.

Yes, I would, as I don't think Adebayor has played well enough this season to justify his spot. Based on the performances I've seen this year (the 2014-2015 season), I would prefer Kane to be the starting striker. But I would also have clear data that Soldado isn't working out with our best midfield, in your hypothetical. In reality, we don't have that data.

Im not sure what you want anymore....you have been advocating a system and defined a problem...but you dont want to use that system....you want Kane now.

And you´d only give Soldado 3 games....despite banging on that the only problem is service. By that time our AMs will have only played 9 games together, but you would write him off.

Even I would give him more time than that, and I think he´s crap.

Bizarre stuff now.

Im not sure what you want anymore....you have been advocating a system and defined a problem...but you dont want to use that system....you want Kane now.

And you´d only give Soldado 3 games....despite banging on that the only problem is service. By that time our AMs will have only played 9 games together, but you would write him off.

Even I would give him more time than that, and I think he´s crap.

Bizarre stuff now.
Might I suggest some remedial education focused on reading comprehension? I haven't changed what I've been saying at all. You may have changed what you thought I was saying, but your journey through semiotics is not my concern.

Might I suggest some remedial education focused on reading comprehension? I haven't changed what I've been saying at all. You may have changed what you thought I was saying, but your journey through semiotics is not my concern.

Maybe....still odd that you seem to know that Soldado will start scoring if we try him with the current AMs, and that is the problem.....but you dont want to play him.

You talk about his Valencia days and how we could create that for him in the set up we now have.....but you dont want to.

Strange.

Maybe....still odd that you seem to know that Soldado will start scoring if we try him with the current AMs, and that is the problem.....but you dont want to play him.

You talk about his Valencia days and how we could create that for him in the set up we now have.....but you dont want to.

Strange.
Not really, I outlined what I think, and why. That's my position. You disagree. That's where we are at in our respective positions. Neither are changing, so we're just going to have to go our respective ways.

Back
Top Bottom