North American Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey, what's up Spurs freaks. I figured this would be a good thread to post this in and excuse it being a little wordy.

I'm from Columbus, Ohio, USA and I watched all 3 NA spurs games games on tv, and quite enjoyed it. I understand it isn't the first team, blah blah blah, practice, etc., but it was my first real time to see them on at a decent hour and consistently. I've always liked soccer (I'll call it football on here) and I've always watched the US national team play the odd game or tournament if they're on tv, and the MLS is ok, but European football has never been available consistently to Americans. You hear about the Messis and Ronaldos of the world but you don't truly know much about them, much less see them play every week. I'm 29, and have known about the "Manchester Uniteds" and "Real Madrids" of the world most of my life, but it's not like you could do much in the way of seeing them, especially prior to the internet exploding. So, given all this blabber, and I'm trying not to write a novel, things are changing here. A couple of networks like espn, nbcsports, and foxsports, have picked up the Premiere League/Champs League/Europa League, and BeIn Sports plays alot of la liga and whatnot (recently got that free on the cable provider). Now, for the first half of this year, I watched PL matches on sat and sun morning, CL matches and the like on the weekday evenings, and it was really cool. I've always liked European football and wanted to attend a match one day because I love the enthusiasm the fans have. So, since I really couldn't, and couldn't ever see anything on tv, I just kept with the national team as my occasional soccer fix a few times a year. But, now I'm hooked!!!

I set out to adopt a team around March or so, and I was like ok I'll follow the EPL. So I tried to educate myself on the core terminology, the teams, the levels, transfers, promotion and relegation (WTF!), and all that jazz. But, I was also learning about the various cups, euro leagues and cups, and my head was exploding for a couple months. I checked the list of teams and thought Man U, Man City, Chelsea, or Woolwich would be frontrunning because I've heard of those places, Liverpool as well. And then I saw "Tottenham Hotspur". I was like what the fuck is this? A rooster? Looked up where Hotspur came from, saw the rivalries, particularly Woolwich, and team history, and said alright, I'll root for these guys. Sadly, a few months later I'm now addicted. I'm checking transfer reports by the hour, watching old youtube videos of the club and fans, and hate Woolwich for some odd reason. No, seriously I wouldnt see them if they came and played the Columbus Crew. Actually, I would but only to cheer for the Crew. Anyways, I don't want to ramble on anymore. I'll just say soccer is finally taking hold in America this time....this time it's real. With the combo of tv and our national team playing well, and some of our best players spending time in Europe, it's happening. COYS!!

Keep an eye out for my flag at the Seattle & Chicago games

flag.jpg

I just got back to my parents vacation home in NY from Toronto and had a blast. The view of the city from the stands was phenomenal. Most of the Toronto fans were very cool as well. The douchebags in Gooner kits on the other hand....
I thought we looked solid in the first half.
2014-07-23205918.jpg

To all our US Tottenham brothers and sisters who don't get the chance to come to London and watch the matches but are still 100% THFC - have a fantastic time at the US pre season games.

And sing your hearts out for the lads.

This thread is for anyone attending any of the games this summer in either Seattle, Chicago, or Toronto. I live in Vancouver and will be attending the Seattle friendly with Spurs Canada Vancouver, and I know we're meeting up with Seattle Spurs. Should anyone be attending any of the matches and want to know which bars everyone is meeting at, feel free to update here.
I'm not sure what the final details are yet for the Seattle match on July 19th, but will update accordingly.

COYS

Hey guys, first post on the board. In Texas and coming up to Chicago for the match. Have a group of 16 plus some of the Austin Spurs group. Sounds like everyone is going to be at Atlantic Bar. Also heard there is a bus that will take you from the pub to the pitch. Looking forward to it!

Its been handled, our board got on it real quick and the offer was removed, Fire said they would handle it internally, sounds like someone will lose their job

the page was taken down, this is a cached version
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.chicago-fire.com/ChelseaFC

So, I'm the Chairperson for San Diego Spurs and have a little bit more info on this situation. Not only is someone probably going to get fired, the Fire will not be honoring tickets bought at this price. I'm not entirely sure how they plan on doing this, but I imagine that it's not too hard to do electronically. So, no, you probably won't be seeing any Chavs at the match.

If I hear anything else I'll post something.

Back
Top Bottom