New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the fuckers ever decide to actually deliver it, yes.

Actually, I've got news. When I grabbed the image of the yellow kit from last season, I realized in shock that the OS store still has them in stock in M, L and XL, steeply discounted!

Just ordered an Eriksen, for 12.50 pounds, before badges, lettering, and international shipping.

I bought the purple kit too and the twits lost my first shipment. I ordered at the end of November and finally got the damn thing in February after chasing and chasing :pochfacepalm:

I think you've missed where football has got to - foreign fans will buy any kit......unless it looks identical to the previous year

And all fans, wherever they are from, start to like any kit the team gets good results in.

Win the league this year and a future generation of fans will be demanding a 'heritage sash' on every other kit.
Hold on.

You said "Why does anyone care what the kit looks like".

Now you're getting into the politics of the sport, international marketing and relations etc.

That's got nothing to do with it from a fans perspective.

It's simply - this is our team, we play in a sport where the shirts are purchased and worn by fans, and we want a shirt that looks as good as possible. For me it's literally that simple. It can change dramatically from last season's - that's fine - just make it look decent still.

Not mine, but this kit will look sharp.

iBbr4hp.jpg

I think the leaked pic looks horrible because it appears to be like an XXL in that photo. I'm sure it will look better on the players in full kit. If it looks like that mock up on Alli with the dark socks it would actually be gorgeous. The one in the leaked photo looks awkwardly like a hockey jersey.

Kit design aside, I started buying UA gear after they got the Spurs deal just to try it out. The quality is superb, think I'll always stick with their stuff now.

Hold on.

You said "Why does anyone care what the kit looks like".

Now you're getting into the politics of the sport, international marketing and relations etc.

That's got nothing to do with it from a fans perspective.

It's simply - this is our team, we play in a sport where the shirts are purchased and worn by fans, and we want a shirt that looks as good as possible. For me it's literally that simple. It can change dramatically from last season's - that's fine - just make it look decent still.

I think the reason that Kits seem to matter, is that they represent a club and, more importantly (if we're going there) the club's colours... which if we're really going there harks back to Times of Battle and Heraldry and Flags etc.

Any flag or 'Colour' (as in 'Trooping the...) representing an army Battalions' colours were vital in the heat and frenzy of battle, because it allowed each army to be recognized by not only the enemy, but by its' own Soldiers... you'd know what side you were aiming to shoot at or avoid...

Imagine if The Roundheads had suddenly had a marketing re-brand mid-seasonbattle, 'cos some whizzkid designer at OverArmour (see what I did..?) decided to change the colour of the sash (ironically enough!)
...the Cavaliers would've had a field day!

...and that's why it (still) matters!

'colours innit?

yes i'm back for my annual 5 posts about the new kit

this is the first UA one i've liked straight away. i heard the away one will be navy with gold badges and stuff.

The worst kit I've ever seen in my living memory.

I wonder if ugly kits have any psychological impact on player's performance on the pitch. If that's the case then we afre trully fucked next season.

I think the thing with the new kit, is they always look good in the pre-season sunshine, with the players all tanned and fresh... (not that they will be that fresh this pre-season, coming just 48 hours or so after Euros finish, especially for our lot, if it's an England v Belgium Final - as I fully expect it to be!!)

...it's just when you get to the drudgery of the winter months that the reality begins to seep in!
Something that looks like it should be worn in the NFL has no place at (cliche alert); "Stoke on a wet Wednesday"

.meh, it seems this year's and next year's (potentially) both have a bit of the LA Galaxy about them!
L6PGB_LA_GALAXY_F_large.jpg

I've been happy with UA on the whole - red sponsor aside, the kits have looked good and the cut & quality is great (100% better than Puma, that was like wearing a potato sack).

Thing is with leaked pictures of kits hanging up in shops is without exception they all look crap.
It's not until you actually see it on the players, or in person that you can really decide - and I think this new one will look good when actually viewed properly.

Back
Top Bottom