Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully the haters can now stfu - unlikely though

“I was injured quite a long time and when I came back, the team was only winning. I was not part of the plan and I thought at that time – and still now – at my age, I need to play to improve.

“I made it clear to the coaches and the coaches said: ‘No problem. We can sort this situation out.’ I left on good terms with the chairman and the coach.”

Read more: Nabil Bentaleb exclusive: “I have so much respect for Tottenham supporters”

He had chances to get forward at Spurs. He always fluffed his lines in front of goal.
Sherwood played him alongside Dembele. He had 11 starts for Tim and 4 sub apps and scored no goals. In a 442 and 4231.
Like I said we just bought a right /left sided midfielder who form the age of 18-23 averaged roughly 10 per season, scoring 49, 41 goals in the Bundesliga, in 5 seasons.
He reached double figures in his last 3 seasons in the BL. He hasn't got 5 goals in the PL, yet
It's a different league.
If Nabil is happy, good for him. The system suits him.
However, it was quite clear he couldn't hack it here otherwise he would have knuckled down. He showed glimpses. Nobody was asking him to stay out of the box and not score goals.
He wanted more money than we thought he was worth. He felt we should have treated him better than anyone else.
If he was unhappy he should have signed for one of those CL clubs that were circling around him and offering him 50k a week.

Get the fucker back lol.
On a serious note, it's great to see him playing so well. I'm pretty sure he's being monitored closely by the club. He could very well be playing himself a route back to WHL & into the fold. A year away in another country, greater maturity, better dealings with his employers (allegedly) & playing out of his skin. That's the Bentaleb we could use.

If he carries on as he is at present, I would hope that egos don't get in the way of the best interests of club & player. I'd love to see a fully firing Bentaleb back in the team if his bridges aren't already burned.

I find it a bit funny that me as a Barcelona fan has to say this to Tottenham fans, but I dont think you have realised that Schalke has the option to buy him at the end of the loan. He can become the best player in the world and there would be nothing you could do

I find it a bit funny that me as a Barcelona fan has to say this to Tottenham fans, but I dont think you have realised that Schalke has the option to buy him at the end of the loan. He can become the best player in the world and there would be nothing you could do

He can become a very good player, but it didn't work out for him at Spurs, for different reasons. Boateng rocked world football for a while after leaving Spurs via Pompey. It's a shame, but sometimes it works like this. We have a few other talented players coming through, not losing our heads because Bentaleb is playing well.

I think it's fair to say that Spurs fans wish him well!

I cling on to hope that the Benteleb deal falls through.
why - he's an above average player with an attitude problem and an inflated ego?

we need to aspire to better players than him, as we have a squad full of above average players and just 2 or 3 well above

ideally we want world class players, but we don't get to keep them.

giphy.gif

You have to admire Schalke for their scouting department. They sold Leroy "Bench warmer" Sane to Shity for 50 million, and will only have to spend 17 million to land Bentaleb. Schalke will profit cool 33 million. They totally outfoxed the EPL dunderheads. Seriously Levy, hire some of those smart German scouts, pronto! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom