Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was all roses for him over there. Idolised by the fans, scoring loads of goals and playing like the player we all wished we could have had here. So much so wanted him back.
In reality he was accused of being a slacker and had his character and attitude questioned?
Wow.

I thought it was all roses for him over there. Idolised by the fans, scoring loads of goals and playing like the player we all wished we could have had here. So much so wanted him back.
In reality he was accused of being a slacker and had his character and attitude questioned?
Wow.

Sounds familiar huh?

Wow.
It's really poorly written. He wasn't accused of that. He played well in his first game, given MOTM, he then played an almost identical pass to as he did against Utd from which the oppo scored from, in his 2nd game. He got some stick for that. The team were struggling and every player was getting clog. Very quickly he became a fan favourite, putting in goal saving tackles, setting up and scoring goals.

Now it is fair to say if his character is being questioned (haven't heard this) then I would bet it is in responce to him wanting out to a team that plays in European comp. This is normal for a section of the fan base to not get behind a player that wants out. I'm guessing here.

As for him being back at Spurs that ship sailed the day Poch wanted him gone.

Last edited:
Wow.

That's not what the article says, quite the contrary.

I don't.

I haven't noticed Sissoko give away any goals yet, even if he has been pants.

Let's not have Golden memories about a player who left on loan due to a huge drop in form

It's not that I just think Nabil is already better than Sissoko and is getting better while Sissoko just gets worse, I'm not that bothered that Nabil went this opinion is purely based on Sissoko.

It's not that I just think Nabil is already better than Sissoko and is getting better while Sissoko just gets worse, I'm not that bothered that Nabil went this opinion is purely based on Sissoko.

I think it's difficult to see that when they are playing in different environments. Sissoko might be a much better play if he was a constant in the first team side. He might look 10x the player in a league that suits his style more. He would probably be brilliant in La Liga.

I certainly don't have twinkly eyes about Bentaleb though - correct decision made, imo.

You only have to watch winks to realise how shit bentaleb actually is.

Who is he actually better than in the centre of our midfield. We want players that take us to the next level.

Who is he actually better than in the centre of our midfield. We want players that take us to the next level.
harry-winks.gif

I don't.

I haven't noticed Sissoko give away any goals yet, even if he has been pants.

Let's not have Golden memories about a player who left on loan due to a huge drop in form
On evidence, based on Poch's selections over his 3 years, can't see how you can sight 2 or 3 missplaced passes and a drop in form as a reason for his loan. If that was the case why is Dier not out on loan, why is Lloris playing, Alli and Kane were way off form at the beginning of the season.

No one outside of the dressing room knows why he was excluded. There are if corse theories we can all have informed guesses about, if you think being out of form for 3 games is the reason so be it, but nothing I have seen supports this as the case.

Poch talks constantly about application in training and performing in training gets you in contention for selection. This is not just limited to your ability as a footballer but also your attitude to the game, your team mates etc. It's fair to say the evidence as to why he isn't a Spurs player is here rather than his form. (Again looking at the likes of players Poch has frozen out of the squad and have since left as to the clues).

Good luck to Bentaleb.

Ultimately, wasn't good enough. Not particularly on the field but his overall attitude was clearly not good enough or he'd still be here. However, I don't think he is better then ANY of the four central midfielders we have (Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Winks) - I think last season he could have played his part when fit, he's better than Carroll and Mason but Pochettino obviously saw something he didn't like and you have to trust that.

He seems to have found his role at Schalke and he's doing well so I hope he continues to improve and becomes the player he thinks he can be.

I love Winks and this is a good comparison to make, one I hadn't done before you mentioned it. I was a big fan of Bentaleb, still am but trust Poch in his philosophy of his player/squad selection and attributes he wants in a players makeup.

As a footballer (out on the pitch, the only thing we get to see) Bentaleb was a very special player. Athletic and physical, brave on the ball, skillful and highly competitive. Poch had his trust early on, he would give some of the team talks which for a 19yr old is something quite extraordinary (may be Winks also does them, to be clear I'm not making comparisons).

I always saw Bentale's future in the mould of a Vidal type of player but seeing what he is now doing at Schalke, playing as a 10, he appears to be far more versatile than just a central midfielder/box to box/DM whatever label you choose to stick on him.

Good luck to him. Whatever the reasons for him being jettisoned may be there has been a lesson for him too??

Back
Top Bottom