Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say his place in the squad is under threat right now.

His ego seems to have taken a massive knock and I'm not sure he has the belief in himself to pull through this hard period. Might be he'll complain he wants to leave this summer if he doesn't get more game time.

Based on what exactly?

He was so much better than the rest that Harrison Reid (Saints captain) was having a chuckle about it when Bentaleb had just received it under pressure and turned away from trouble while leaving 3 Saints players on their backsides.

He still has so much to give. Even if Dier has and Dembele have both been sensational this season.

I imagine the likes of him and Mason... even Lamela who's been a tad quiet recently will begin to make a fair few appearances in the Cup and Europa... if they don't then I'll have serious fears for their future at the club.

It's natural that Winks, Onomah and Bentaleb (the three that get the least minutes at the moment) play for the u21's when there's not a midweek game.

He was the best player on the park by the way. Along with Walker-Peters who just looks better and better everytime I see him.

I didn't see the game, just the highlights. My impression from Southampton's goal was that Bentaleb didn't seem to care one bit. Very lazy defensive work for that one.

No doubt the kid has got amazing ability, but does he have the attitude Poch demands?

I get the feeling, from watching him (based on very little time and evidence), that he seems like someone who know thinks he has made it, someone who now deserves the right to play, rather than someone who works hard every day to prove himself and to be as good as he can be for the club.

I didn't see the game, just the highlights. My impression from Southampton's goal was that Bentaleb didn't seem to care one bit. Very lazy defensive work for that one.

No doubt the kid has got amazing ability, but does he have the attitude Poch demands?

I get the feeling, from watching him (based on very little time and evidence), that he seems like someone who know thinks he has made it, someone who now deserves the right to play, rather than someone who works hard every day to prove himself and to be as good as he can be for the club.

Pure assumptions, which it's safe to say I don't agree with. Saints goal had nothing to do with him, it was a great hit.

It's funny people believe he's got attitude problems when all empirical evidence suggests otherwise.

Pure assumptions, which it's safe to say I don't agree with. Saints goal had nothing to do with him, it was a great hit.

It's funny people believe he's got attitude problems when all empirical evidence suggests otherwise.

I hope you're right. I've liked him since he first started appearing. I wouldn't say I assume that he has attitude problems, rather that I'm worried he does. I really hope he'll be a success, preferably for us.

There's been many games where Tottenham have been caught on the break and he hasn't tracked back. There was no sprinting back, stopping a passing angle, no tackle, nothing.

I don't think I can ever remember him making a last ditch tackle. I think his defensive side is really, really poor and I have doubts over his work ethic.

I get people like and rate him. But I'm not one of those people, personally. As I said, I think he's going to have trouble this year and next, but each to their own.

I have never understood why fans rate him, i heard he works very hard in training then something happened and he started making big contract demands.After that an injury and he is yet to be seen. Regardless given the depth of the squad, we need him back on the bench.

I have never understood why fans rate him, i heard he works very hard in training then something happened and he started making big contract demands.After that an injury and he is yet to be seen. Regardless given the depth of the squad, we need him back on the bench.
To be fair you have been hating the majority of this Spurs team for a long time now.

This season may prove to be an attitude adjustment. Hopefully it makes him a better player next year (if he's still around)

o2ScA.gif

Something is up. His limited appearances for us this season tell us that much, and the manner of them even more. He's pissed Poch off, and I think there's no way back. Shame.
He seems to be going through the same motions as Townsend - maybe he'll get a chance somewhere down the line before it's too late, however I think I share the view that this is his make of break fortnight.

The attitude of the players and team spirit has been the driving force of the success this season, you never see him in the photos, never see a smile. Even hard cases like Danny Rose who would always have a puss on is playing ball, hanging out with the lads, he can see the benefits to him and the side of being a team player.

Mason played a heap of games last season, has kept his mouth shut and captained us to a solid draw away from home tonight in Europe against a tough side, Poch sent Bentaleb a message by giving him the armband. Nabil has a load of talent but has to tow the line.

Back
Top Bottom