Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Michael Dawson gives lowdown on his Tottenham team-mates for Soccer AM
Last Updated: 07/12/13 3:50pm

Dawson_3047958.jpg

Michael Dawson: Insider's view

Here at Soccer AM we all have our perceptions who's the coolest, who has the best taste in music and who's the funniest in the dressing room.

But what about the boys from the White Hart Lane?

So hit the video above and read below for Dawson's lowdown on the most skilful and funniest and much, much more..........

Most Skilful: We have some really tricky players. Christian Eriksen can pick the ball and go past someone. So can Dembele, and Ade [Adebayor] has got great feet so we have one or two. To name one, I am struggling.

Quickest: We have some rapid players; Kyle Walker and Aaron Lennon. I would like to see a race between them. Over 10 yards Lenny, over 50 yards Walks. But last time on this Walks said that I was the slowest.

Future Manager: Definitely Brad Friedel. He is older than the manager [Andre Villas-Boas]. He just loves chatting and talking about football. He is definitely a future manager.

Best mate at the club: All of them. They are a great group of boys. For me to be captain of a foobtall club with a group of boys like we have is a massive honour.

Hardman: Only one man, Sandro. He is crazy. I'm sure every answer after this will be Sandro because he is a legend.

Biggest joker: You think I am going to say Sandro again but I am gonig to give it toKyle Walker. After seeing the Halloween footage that was brilliant. I'm so glad they did not get me.

Best dancer:Probably one or two fancy themselves as the best dancer and I am going to go with Emmanuel Adebayor. He can pull some moves.

And who's the Longest in the Shower: There are some big boys. Aaron Lennon.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-...own-on-his-tottenham-team-mates-for-soccer-am

This man gets some stick which is just totally unjustified. It seems every time we concede people do everything they can to pin it on him. What is it with people and the fookin scapegoat game?!?

This man saved our bacon several times yesterday with some fantastic last ditch tackles but not once were they mentioned and I have no doubt the one tiny thing he did wrong, passing the ball when he should of cleared it, will be the only thing most people take from his game yesterday.

He is without a doubt the most dedicated player on our team so it really mystifies me why he gets so much stick. A good example of the unjustified stick he gets is his long balls. Now they are by no means great but considering he pulls off 7.1 successful ones a game, the most in the team, from the 10.7 he tries it's ridiculous what some people claim, ie 'they're shit'.

The man is a Spurs legend, sure he lacks pace but he gives his all 100% of the time and can always be relied on to put in a good shift at the back.

Rant over. :dawsonmean:

Well said Spartan. As I'm sure you know, I lead a (almost) daily vigil to try to defend Daws, against the ridiculous level of abuse/criticism that Daws attracts within Spursdom. Though I must say certain other forumsare wayyyyyyy worse in their vitriolic anti-Daws stance.

It makes me sick, and not in a good way :)

This man gets some stick which is just totally unjustified. It seems every time we concede people do everything they can to pin it on him. What is it with people and the fookin scapegoat game?!?

This man saved our bacon several times yesterday with some fantastic last ditch tackles but not once were they mentioned and I have no doubt the one tiny thing he did wrong, passing the ball when he should of cleared it, will be the only thing most people take from his game yesterday.

He is without a doubt the most dedicated player on our team so it really mystifies me why he gets so much stick. A good example of the unjustified stick he gets is his long balls. Now they are by no means great but considering he pulls off 7.1 successful ones a game, the most in the team, from the 10.7 he tries it's ridiculous what some people claim, ie 'they're shit'.

The man is a Spurs legend, sure he lacks pace but he gives his all 100% of the time and can always be relied on to put in a good shift at the back.

Rant over. :dawsonmean:

What would you say is more ridiculous, the stick he gets or the people who rate him a better CD than Vertonghen?

What would you say is more ridiculous, the stick he gets or the people who rate him a better CD than Vertonghen?
You constantly ask people to give it a rest, when they support the guy.
Does the same apply to people who continually run him down?
I think we all know where you stand.

Back
Top Bottom