Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plus Philly he isnt just a defender, AVB on arriving quickly realised just because he wasnt our best defender he shouldnt be shown the door as he is a natural captain, that to AVB is just as important as anything after being scarred from the mutiny he suffered from the Chelsea scum, he needs someone he can rely on 100% and thats Dawson.

Never doubted his ability to defend high balls. From the front, that is.

When wingers get around the fullbacks and cross into tand around the 9 yard area, his positioning is very suspect.

Dawson needs time to gel? Hell, he's the longest serving player and club captain. If he cannot make people gel, but needs others to do so for him, then we are in big trouble :avbnaa:
Im not specifically stating Dawson needs to gel but as a team which he may feature. If, the way we are set out to play by AVB, Dawson is unable to cope, then he needs to be dropped. But I don't believe that is the case. I feel the way we play, he has a part to play. The team is a bit disjointed and gaps appear, Dawson takes responsibility in chasing down balls which now, that Sandro is fit can sit in front of the CHs and fill that very space.
Once the team is settled, Dawson will be fine. Dawson is as good or need I stay better than the scums Koscielny.

Never doubted his ability to defend high balls. From the front, that is.

When wingers get around the fullbacks and cross into tand around the 9 yard area, his positioning is very suspect.

Dawson needs time to gel? Hell, he's the longest serving player and club captain. If he cannot make people gel, but needs others to do so for him, then we are in big trouble :avbnaa:
To repeat the OS stat, we've only lost 6 prem games out of the last 42 Daws has started. Th gelling started last season and has continued, with the occasional subsidence v Hammers and City :)

If you added in Cup games, I suspect the ratio would be even better. I don't know how many Cup games Daws has played this season, but let's say 5, and as we've won them all ...

EDIT, actually thinking about it, we did lose quite a high ratio of Cup games last season, (I count one of the Basle games as a loss, despite them 'technically' being two draws) so maybe it wouldn't be better, but it'd be similar I suspect. I'm certainly not going back and trawling through all the games, but if someone wants to ... I'd be interested to know the full stats since Daws returned to the starting fold.

Last edited:
Here's one stat I find amazing, we always win when we out score the other team, especially when Dawson play but we still win when he dosn't. Gosh can you believe it!

Vertonghen got roasted for at least 1 goal as well shall we drop him? (I know he's injured but that's not the point)

Macca,
the comparison is apples and oranges...
dawson starts regardless as verts and vlad are probably injuried and not sure about rose...we can all agree though (well maybe not some) that dawson should be our 3rd or 4th choice centreback..i respect dawson for what he is but his not in the same league as Jan

Macca,
the comparison is apples and oranges...
dawson starts regardless as verts and vlad are probably injuried and not sure about rose...we can all agree though (well maybe not some) that dawson should be our 3rd or 4th choice centreback..i respect dawson for what he is but his not in the same league as Jan
nah you are right Jan is obviously miles ahead of Daws I was clutching at straws there. Right now, with everyone fit I'd still have Daws starting with Jan, think his experience and leadership is vital & I don't think he's so much worse than Vlad that it will fuck the team up. I don't think you'll have much to worry about anyway as when everyone's fit AVB will probably start Vlad and Jan

nah you are right Jan is obviously miles ahead of Daws I was clutching at straws there. Right now, with everyone fit I'd still have Daws starting with Jan, think his experience and leadership is vital & I don't think he's so much worse than Vlad that it will fuck the team up. I don't think you'll have much to worry about anyway as when everyone's fit AVB will probably start Vlad and Jan

you would think so...i have a good feeling about vlad..besides the fact that sometimes he dawdles abit with the ball at his feet i cant really see a weakness...dawson i feel is better against the large, slow physical type forward and against these plays well, i just feel against a suarez type player he wont fare as well..though given injuries dropping him or not dropping him for the pool game is made redundant

you would think so...i have a good feeling about vlad..besides the fact that sometimes he dawdles abit with the ball at his feet i cant really see a weakness...dawson i feel is better against the large, slow physical type forward and against these plays well, i just feel against a suarez type player he wont fare as well..though given injuries dropping him or not dropping him for the pool game is made redundant
yeh I'm a big fan of Vlad as well, he'll be important for us in the next few years & yeah agree there, he could easily come unstuck against Suarez, but then again so could any defender atm with the for he's in

You said he was a liability - period, so don't backtrack. He isn't even a liability occasionally, unless you consider every missed tackle a liability in the making.
My only dispute with you is the apparent shallow pool of knowledge that you draw from.
Hating a generation - what are you, 9 years old? Grow up FFS, I was talking about the mentality of some posters, people who say stupid, ill informed things about players.
At what point have I questioned or demeaned the US? Besides my inability to understand why we pissed good money away on Dempsey, I have nothing but good to say about any of the American players we have had at Spurs. Love the country, its got its fair share of bell ends, but so has every country.
Your football club? Which bit do you own then? How many times have you been? Spurs are your club as much as the Eagles are my American football team, ie I know fuck all about the game and I have never set foot in the ground.

Who said I was back-tracking ? He can be a liability at times (not all the time of course) and has a few limitations in his game. I stand by it. I guess I'm a know-nothing American perpetuating the pop culture critique. LMAO

Get a drink and stop reading into some much here on the board. We're both fans of Dawson and you appreciate him a bit more. Just fine by me. You dig

Last edited:
Who said I was back-tracking ? He can be a liability at times (not all the time of course) and has a few limitations in his game. I stand by it. I guess I'm a know-nothing American perpetuating the pop culture critique. LMAO

Get a drink and stop reading into some much here on the board. We're both fans of Dawson and you appreciate him a bit more. Just fine by me. You dig
I said you were , you called him a liability, now you're fan of his?
I'd say you have stopped backtracking and gone into a fully fledged retreat.
Know nothing for sure, the fact you are American is of no relevance.
But hey you can operate a keyboard, so all hope is not lost.

I said you were , you called him a liability, now you're fan of his?
I'd say you have stopped backtracking and gone into a fully fledged retreat.
Know nothing for sure, the fact you are American is of no relevance.
But hey you can operate a keyboard, so all hope is not lost.
A liability (at times)
If you actually read my entire post, you would see that. But you prefer to isolate the piece you can troll me on.

Back
Top Bottom