Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where as you are what? Get off your high horse Mick with your British is best mentality. Even your boy Lennon has been a crock of shit since forever
where as - I'm fed up with tossers like you with nothing better to do than to continually slag off Tottenham players.
Dawson's nationality has fuck all to do with my growing despair at your "kind" of support.
I'm not on any high horse sunshine, I'm just not crawling around in the same gutter as you.
It's tiresome.

where as - I'm fed up with tossers like you with nothing better to do than to continually slag off Tottenham players.
Dawson's nationality has fuck all to do with my growing despair at your "kind" of support.
I'm not on any high horse sunshine, I'm just not crawling around in the same gutter as you.
It's tiresome.

Coming from someone who bangs on about personal insults you are a hypocrite of the highest order. Back in your box.

Coming from someone who bangs on about personal insults you are a hypocrite of the highest order. Back in your box.
I wasn't insulting you - I was describing you.

I don't type your posts you know - it's you. If you cannot accept the way you present yourself then I suggest you stop using the internet.
Seriously fella, why don't you support a club with nothing but perfect pro's who are world class in every position, then we won't have to put up with your continual carping.
I have supported this club during years when the whole team has been grim to watch, and I never spent all of my time moaning about them.
Support is support, backing, encouraging, showing faith and putting up with the bad with the good.
I'm not insulting you as a person, just as a shit supporter of the team that I give my heart and soul to.
If you don't like them - and god knows, its the way you come across with your continual moaning and slating of everything to do with the club - then simply walk away, and find another group of committed supporters to depress and piss off.

I wasn't insulting you - I was describing you.

I don't type your posts you know - it's you. If you cannot accept the way you present yourself then I suggest you stop using the internet.
Seriously fella, why don't you support a club with nothing but perfect pro's who are world class in every position, then we won't have to put up with your continual carping.
I have supported this club during years when the whole team has been grim to watch, and I never spent all of my time moaning about them.
Support is support, backing, encouraging, showing faith and putting up with the bad with the good.
I'm not insulting you as a person, just as a shit supporter of the team that I give my heart and soul to.
If you don't like them - and god knows, its the way you come across with your continual moaning and slating of everything to do with the club - then simply walk away, and find another group of committed supporters to depress and piss off.

You sound upset Mick. You tend to harp on about how long you've supported the club when you're upset as if that gives you more supporter rights than others.

Dawson and Lennon are squad players not first team players, that's my view based on what I've seen this season especially. Still think they have a role at the club. If I have to praise every single player and criticise none for your approval then you and I won't see eye to eye in this.

As for calling me a tosser and then not calling it a personal insult, you can stop digging that hole.

You sound upset Mick. You tend to harp on about how long you've supported the club when you're upset as if that gives you more supporter rights than others.

Dawson and Lennon are squad players not first team players, that's my view based on what I've seen this season especially. Still think they have a role at the club. If I have to praise every single player and criticise none for your approval then you and I won't see eye to eye in this.

As for calling me a tosser and then not calling it a personal insult, you can stop digging that hole.
I'm not the one digging holes, you are. You can dress up your non stop barrage of slating posts as critical dissection if you want, but to me you're just an internet version of the gobshites that stand in the ground mugging off players on matchday. A non supporter. I think of them collectively as tossers, and that means by default, you become one too. I'm sure that on a personal level you are perfectly splendid - I'm simply having a go at you for your shoddy standards as a supporter of Spurs.
Don't put word into my mouth to make your argument, I can qualify my support in terms of time - but I have never said it gives me any "rights" at all. It gives me a lot of experience in watching and supporting the club through some pretty dire times, including relegation, and I have never resorted to your kind of support. You did the same thing in making my POV a nationalistic one, something I have never done, in my condemnation of the not stop barracking of Dawson, and on top of it - you threw Lennon at me, when he was never the subject of the discussion.
Before you try dressing me down for what I have said, or criticising me for any imagined hypocrisy, try taking a step back, and analysing whether anything I have reproached you for might actually be true. If you are half as smart as you obviously think you are, you might actually just see that what I have said about you is actually closer to the truth than you might care to admit.

You're going to tip him over with your appearance in this thread
Yeah good work, you don't come across as a patronising arse at all, with that comment. Why do people like you imagine me to be angry or upset, just because I have the temerity to be critical of you? I'm perfectly fine thanks all the same, just saddened and disappointed that the club I love has Chelsea standard supporters like you to endure, after any kind of result that is less than Real Madrid or Brazil quality.

I do think we have a very English problem at Spurs.

Rose, Daws, Walker, Naughton, Lennon and Townsend lower the teams footballing IQ.

Walker is the only one who would start for me. And if you surround him with derp like Lennon, Daws and slow witted players he will overextend and make stupid decisions. Walker reminds be of beach erosion. You have players like Lennon and Townsend making the wrong decision in the final third and we get waves of counters because of it. You hit Walker often enough and he's stretched his confidence/decision making gets suspect. Before you know it he's kicking out and giving stupid soft free kicks away.

He is paranoid Daws is going to get done for pace so he overcompensates. If he has a more solid foundation in front and next to him, and he only has to worry about his game (and not a creaking turning circle of Daws, Huddlestone etc) then you will see him shine and reach his potential.

I'm not going to sugar coat my opinion just because Daws is a lion and would lay down in traffic for us. He is not a top 4 defender. He attacks corners like he defends them (blasts them into the stratosphere), he is terrible at taking the ball out of defence and never disguises the obvious, look at my run up, look at my body shape, look where I am looking style of long balls that are well covered before they reach their mark. He lacks pace (but fair play..If he is close to a player he is a fucking great tackler/shepherds players out of the danger area). They dont get any better when it comes to defensive headers, they don't get any braver or more loyal. But some of our players are potential world class, and we need the Lloris, Verts, Sandro, Walkers and co to have worry about their own game. Not having Rose ball watching, stepping on balls in no mans land or having to run half the pitch because Townsend did 10 stepovers then passed it to the opposition, or Lennon dribbling and falling over.

Yeah good work, you don't come across as a patronising arse at all, with that comment. Why do people like you imagine me to be angry or upset, just because I have the temerity to be critical of you? I'm perfectly fine thanks all the same, just saddened and disappointed that the club I love has Chelsea standard supporters like you to endure, after any kind of result that is less than Real Madrid or Brazil quality.

Mick you're a cunt. Please don't take it as a personal insult, I'm just describing what I read from you on a forum. Go away.

Back
Top Bottom