Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mick you're a cunt. Please don't take it as a personal insult, I'm just describing what I read from you on a forum. Go away.
Rest assured, its not an opinion I would allow you to express to my face.
Tough for you, isn't it?
You are finding out that what you post isn't quite as wonderful as you believe it to be, when you hit the "post reply" button, and you have neither the humility or maturity to accept it.

I believe the expression that's in vogue among you young people is " Deal with it, bitch."

Rest assured, its not an opinion I would allow you to express to my face.
Tough for you, isn't it?
You are finding out that what you post isn't quite as wonderful as you believe it to be, when you hit the "post reply" button, and you have neither the humility or maturity to accept it.

I believe the expression that's in vogue among you young people is " Deal with it, bitch."

Forum victory for Mick, now go get your pipe and slippers and leave the Internet to us whippersnappers

I do think we have a very English problem at Spurs.

Rose, Daws, Walker, Naughton, Lennon and Townsend lower the teams footballing IQ.

<SNIPPED drivel>
or Lennon dribbling and falling over.
Maybe if we move the ground to Spain, employ nothing but Spaniards and get a Spanish/Dutch/German manager and call the club Niñodiezjamón Calienteespolón you might be happier?
Hey, why not support Barcelona, then you won't have to worry about the intellectual capabilities of the dumb Brits?
Lets face it, Gascoigne was a brilliant footballer, and he was a genius - right?

Forum victory for Mick, now go get your pipe and slippers and leave the Internet to us whippersnappers
r681890_5048629.jpg

Maybe if we move the ground to Spain, employ nothing but Spaniards and get a Spanish/Dutch/German manager and call the club Niñodiezjamón Calienteespolón you might be happier?
Hey, why not support Barcelona, then you won't have to worry about the intellectual capabilities of the dumb Brits?
Lets face it, Gascoigne was a brilliant footballer, and he was a genius - right?

Why pick a player who's was done by his mid twenties? You want to talk about intelligence? He drunk himself into an asylum. I wish he did have a good head on his shoulders and we could have seen another decade of Gazza shine but he ended up a sad drunk in Scotland and his ability was wasted. You use one of the saddest stories in English football to laugh at my claim of intelligence being a bonus? Same thing with Best..He was done by the time he was 27 too.

Anyway: I stated that a Gazza would make it into my team. Walker is village, has a similar fire in him that Gazza did and he's in my starting 11 due to his ability. When you have that much raw talent, you give us a positive. If you have a team of Gazzas and Walkers, you can self destruct and end up with red cards and volatile form.

And yes, I would kill for some Dutch Coaches. Whats wrong with that? The old boys network we have of getting in people with no track record like Les, Sherwood etc is just plain lazy and it sounds like coaching is an afterthought at this club.

Why pick a player who's was done by his mid twenties? You want to talk about intelligence? He drunk himself into an asylum. I wish he did have a good head on his shoulders and we could have seen another decade of Gazza shine but he ended up a sad drunk in Scotland and his ability was wasted. You use one of the saddest stories in English football to laugh at my claim of intelligence being a bonus? Same thing with Best..He was done by the time he was 27 too.

Anyway: I stated that a Gazza would make it into my team. Walker is village, has a similar fire in him that Gazza did and he's in my starting 11 due to his ability. When you have that much raw talent, you give us a positive. If you have a team of Gazzas and Walkers, you can self destruct and end up with red cards and volatile form.

And yes, I would kill for some Dutch Coaches. Whats wrong with that? The old boys network we have of getting in people with no track record like Les, Sherwood etc is just plain lazy and it sounds like coaching is an afterthought at this club.
Your response was as muddle headed as the post I criticised, so I suppose I can understand why you posted it now. If it makes you happy to believe that its all the fault of the British players then crack on mate.
If you look over there, you'll see the bandwagon, hop on - there's still space.

Your response was as muddle headed as the post I criticised, so I suppose I can understand why you posted it now. If it makes you happy to believe that its all the fault of the British players then crack on mate.
If you look over there, you'll see the bandwagon, hop on - there's still space.

You have nothing. You just said nothing. Because you can't. Who on this board thinks Lennon, Walkers and Townsends crossing to a lone Soldado is intelligent? Who on this board are wowed by the through balls of these players in the final third? When have these players been involved in outfoxing the opposition with crisp attacking plays that tear teams apart? It's rare.

Prem: Lennon: 1 goal. 1 assist.
Townsend: 1 goal (a scuffed cross) and ZERO assists.
How about Roses tactical nouse in defence? Or Naughtons? Or Dawsons playing out of defence?

Now what do these players offer us when it comes to team shape, being switched on etc etc? Soft SPurs is what they make us. I don't care how good your defence is. You have tiny dancers who shoot for personal glory, cross with heads down and self destruct in the final third, it affects the whole team.

You have nothing. You just said nothing. Because you can't. Who on this board thinks Lennon, Walkers and Townsends crossing to a lone Soldado is intelligent? Who on this board are wowed by the through balls of these players in the final third? When have these players been involved in outfoxing the opposition with crisp attacking plays that tear teams apart? It's rare.

Prem: Lennon: 1 goal. 1 assist.
Townsend: 1 goal (a scuffed cross) and ZERO assists.
How about Roses tactical nouse in defence? Or Naughtons? Or Dawsons playing out of defence?

Now what do these players offer us when it comes to team shape, being switched on etc etc? Soft SPurs is what they make us. I don't care how good your defence is. You have tiny dancers who shoot for personal glory, cross with heads down and self destruct in the final third, it affects the whole team.
Oh well, if I'm condemned without saying anything, then I'm doomed in any discussion with a rocket scientist of your status and gifted insights.
I'll leave you to your sage like and multidimensional thinking.
Remember, there's always Barcelona

He's going to be 31 next season and is most certainly our 4th best centerback... can we agree that, at the very least, he should be gone just because we could use an injection of *healthy* youth at the position?

I bet if his name was Michael Daws Santos he'd get less support from the same people who refuse to criticise him.

He's going to be 31 next season and is most certainly our 4th best centerback... can we agree that, at the very least, he should be gone just because we could use an injection of *healthy* youth at the position?
That i agree with. He can still do a job though. Was an absolute rock against Cardiff. Its harsh to judge him on his weaknesses when, had it not been for the injuries we've had, he wouldn't have played in a few of his shite games this season.

We all knew he'd struggle against Liverpool. Lets not forget, he started on the bench.

He blindly passed the ball backwards, just inexcusable for someone with his experience. A player with his physical deficiencies can't afford to make mental mistakes. Yea it was his first game back, but even a 10 yr old should know never blindly pass backwards.

Like he was the only problem..............his pass to Kaboul was shit, but Kaboul should have put it and Suarez in row z
Is there a thread for Kabouls performances or ineptitude?

Has dawson also fallen out with sherwood. If so this perplexes me. I'll not argue he's the best cb at the club but his leadership and team building qualties must be a plus in a rather ruderless squad. Surley a man who trully connects with the terraces needs to be around to imbue the squad with the importance these last 3 games mean should not be binned.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, one of Sherwood better tactical decisions (whether conscious or not) was to drop him. He's bottom 5 PL quality at best, mate - it's high time fans accepted this.

How Caulker was sold and him and Kaboul kept is beyond me

Back
Top Bottom