Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever right now

crying-waterfalls.gif

I know it's the right move but I'm proper gutted at the moment about it. Been such an ever present player for us in recent memory despite so much change. Dawson, Defoe, and Ledley all being gone now is just so odd.

I remember I used to purposefully talk loud about how bad Dawson played when coming out of the lane just to try and build an anti Dawson band waggon.

Sad to see him go as he gave his fall for the club. I would imagine if he has been playing with us between 1992-2002 he would be seen as a great player and we would have finished higher in the league, but the game has changed.

He will do well for Hull, will deffinatley add him to my fantasy team.

Been fairly vocal about thinking we should get rid of him... still, it feels.. weird. Despite how angry he made me this past season, I'm hurting at his departure.

Wish him the best at Hull... Hope he can make an impact this year and for however long he decides to stay.

I think Dawson will make an excellent coach one day. If that happens I'll welcome him back at Spurs any day. The youngsters especially could learn lots from him.

All the best Daws, a new chapter in your career is about to start.

Good club servant - was finished 1.5 seasons ago already though

Right time to move and all the best of luck

Will always receive a warm reception at the Lane

Last edited:
Mensa, this is somewhat contradictory to your post ^^^^ where he was not leaving period. You seemed so certain!

Fuck me i know, I honestly think Poch liked him as a person or even as a coach/mentor like Brad, they were getting on really well discussing the tactics and movement of set plays etc, but we have better options actually playing, I never thought he would stay as a starter, just as a perfect reserve for Europe and cups early on as he would never moan about not playing.

I honestly thought he would stay but those two games from Dier was the knife in the coffin, he has made the difference instantly to put Dawson out the picture, not many saw him coming in making that much impact this early - magnificent to have tha happen to us following last seasons slow start from signings.

A real shame he couldnt have come on vs QPR and got a proper send off.

Im dissapointed that a player like that just fizzles out of existence from last season, and come Saturday he will playing for Hull.

Back
Top Bottom