Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the scales fell from my eyes
Disagree with that comment. I judge players on what they do, last season Daws was our best CB, and much needed by us, and instead got disgusting abuse and ridicule from some/many.

From what I read about the Seattle game, which I missed, plus what I saw last night, plus the very strong rumours, it looks like Daws is on his way out, and he played like that. There was none of the usual passion from him. Admitted it was only a friendly, but something key was missing from his performance.

Disagree with that comment. I judge players on what they do, last season Daws was our best CB, and much needed by us, and instead got disgusting abuse and ridicule from some/many.

From what I read about the Seattle game, which I missed, plus what I saw last night, plus the very strong rumours, it looks like Daws is on his way out, and he played like that. There was none of the usual passion from him. Admitted it was only a friendly, but something key was missing from his performance.

He played shit, nothing was missing

Fair enough, but it has been obvious for a while that he has been in quite a rapid decline. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Daws, and I'll miss his passion, but he's not been good enough for the style we have played for some time, and I don't see that changing under Poch.

If he plays in a deep lying back four, with the game in front of him, he'll still have a career in the Prem, but he gets turned far too easily for the high line pressing game that Poch is said to favour.

You think Dawson was our best CB last season but based on one friendly that you saw you think he is done? That is pretty ridiculous.

Dawson was the most healthy lat season, but imo not he best. But yes, I do think it is time for him to move on.

Stop taking ur meds didn't ya mate...

I still wouldn't sell him ... Even if we bring in another centre back, you know Dawson will work his ass off to get back into the team and give his all for us whenever he is called upon.

I said it 100 times, the common sense approach, wait until January to see if Kaboul can play football consistently before we sell Dawson, or we'd be right up shit creek

With 200 Europa games against pub sides we would be stupid to sell Dawson, he will be alright just needs to get some confidence and get rid of the ring rust, Poch will sort him out

If you are selling Dawson, you would kill Fryers based on that performance yesterday, was his fault

Be very sad to see Dawson go, Spurs get less and less like a team I've any great interest in supporting. More and more like bunch of mercenaries who have no feel for the club.

Of course I'm addicted so I'll carry on supporting, but the club is a mere shadow of the one I began supporting way back when.
You cannot be a true supporter if you are doubting the club and the people who are committed to it. Dawson has been a good player to the club, but to challenge for top honors we have to build and continue to update.
The game might seem mercenary but you cannot buy tradition and the supporters who stay the distance.

Dawson has been at the club for a decade. Not everyone can be a Carragher and spend their entire career at one club and still perform admirably. If we're starting Dawson going into the season, we're going to be in trouble. I wouldn't mind keeping him around if he's our 4th/5th choice CB, but if we get a decent fee for him, we should take it.

Fair enough, but it has been obvious for a while that he has been in quite a rapid decline. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Daws, and I'll miss his passion, but he's not been good enough for the style we have played for some time, and I don't see that changing under Poch.

If he plays in a deep lying back four, with the game in front of him, he'll still have a career in the Prem, but he gets turned far too easily for the high line pressing game that Poch is said to favour.
Fair comments. Against Toronto we didn't seem to be playing such a high line, but we'll see how it goes.

I still wouldn't sell him ... Even if we bring in another centre back, you know Dawson will work his ass off to get back into the team and give his all for us whenever he is called upon.
I think Daws can do a job at Spurs as a squad player and also as a potential future coach. He should be be eased into a "Behind the Scenes" role and at the same time be used as cover.

I think Daws can do a job at Spurs as a squad player and also as a potential future coach. He should be be eased into a "Behind the Scenes" role and at the same time be used as cover.

Fully agree, trust me from what I saw at open training I can categorically say there is no way on gods green earth he is leaving tottenham, no way, Poch was discussing tactics with him away from the group, he was the only other person but Poch in middle talking to the team after breakdowns in set plays they were trying, he is staying, as a backup and starting when required

I agree he will slide more behind scenes after this season

Goodbye Daws, if you look back he has played under god knows how many managers, played for us in hundreds of battles over last 9 years, was pushing for England start a few years ago too before a very untimely injury. Was a pleasure to meet him at the baseball this summer, a genuinely great pro who will do very nicely with Hull, reunited with one of his best mates Hudd and can lead that defence, best of luck, hope he somehow gets a send off

YIIIIDDDOOOO :dawsonmean::dawsonlol:

Back
Top Bottom