Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Update :

Shakhtar took fifa to CAS - lost on all grounds and had to pay 100% of all costs - with the CAS decision being published in May 2023 (before Spurs signed Solomon).

So I doubt if Shakhtar have anywhere else to go legally.

And that's probably the reason why they are not happy.

Yeh; it's nothing other the emotional/PR blackmail at this point.

Fuck 'em.

Think Werner has been perfectly fine as depth tbh. Experienced and productive. Doubt we'd find someone better for the price quoted.
Werner would cost a fortune in salary.

If we're serious about winning, he doesn't start the vast majority of games.

So why pay top dollar for a bench dude? Makes zero sense.

Sounds like the same injury he said surgery on in October and I think he had knee surgery at Fulham last season too.

I cannot decipher if this is his 2nd or 3rd surgery during this inured spell......

The article I linked to a few days ago noted he'd already had "another" surgery which led to a delayed return and now we see yet another one reported as taking place yesterday.

He must be pretty fucked.

Werner is the type of player I'd like to have on the bench, but as you said, he's on silly money so I don't think we can justify it.

Neither you or I have a single clue what he'd be willing to accept to join Spurs.

If we sold Gil and Solomon, along with Perisic we'd have freed up £300,000 a week in wages for the left side. That's more than enough for Werner and a top class wide forward.

His injury record is dodgy. We took a punt on his five minutes of form at Fulham hoping the injury record was behind him. It wasn’t. And he’s nowhere near good enough to justify having him on the payroll to be mostly unavailable.
Unfortunately I think you may be right. It's a shame though, as he looked quite promising in the one game he did participate in. At worst, think he wasn't a bad bench option to bring on when the opposition tired. But we can't keep people on the books who are permanently crocked, just not sustainable.

Unfortunately we won't get to shift him (for free or for a fee*) until he can show a sustained injury free spell... Ditto Sessengon.

(*Unless we pay their contracts out in full.)

another one to loan out in the summer along with Sess to see if they have anything about them/manage an injury free period or raise their transfer value
I'd rather we sell them both, but no way anyone gonna offer us decent money.

Would even be tempted to release them...obviously would cost us some cash, but at least we could give their roster spot to somebody who ain't crooked 99% of the time.

So yeah loaning them out ain't a bad option considering. That said, nobody gonna pay us a loan fee and I reckon we'd still need to cover the bulk of their wages.

Just a shitty situation for the club, but our fault for signing players with a poor injury record...something we must stop doing.

Werner is the type of player I'd like to have on the bench, but as you said, he's on silly money so I don't think we can justify it.
You just know we'll make him permanent as soon as the window opens...and he'll be our starting LW next season.

Trademark Levy move.

Shakhtar bought Solomon for $ 6m , they didn't develop him,

He had 18 months left on his contract when he joined Fulham, which is when Fifa declared that any players contracted to a russian or ukrainan club could suspend their contracts until June 2024. FIFA extends and adapts temporary employment rules to address issues relating to war in Ukraine

Solomon had 6 months left on his (suspended) contract when he signed for Spurs and that contract would have terminated on 31 December 2023, before the 30 June when under the fifa rules the contract suspension was due to end. So when Spurs signed him he was in effect a free agent due to fifa rules - so Shakhtar's beef is with fifa not Spurs.

Even disregarding the fifa rules he had 6 months to run on his contract and with his injury record was not worth much - certainly not the 6m Shakhtar claim.

Spurs have played Shakhtar in a preseason friendly giving them the proceeds.

Given fifa's rules were ratified by CAS I doubt if they have a legal case against anyone at all.

I doubt if Spurs are that interested in retaining Solomon due to his injury record, and I doubt if anyone else will pay much, if anything, for Solomon in June.
let's offer him back to them on a free?

He's not even our starting LW now 😂
The lad's played 8 games, starting 5, averaging just short of 60mpg.

Had he arrived in N17 more match fit, likely them numbers would be even higher. Still, as of now, they still look like those of a starter and not bench option.

Had he arrived in N17 more match fit, likely them numbers would be even higher. Still, as of now, they still look like those of a starter and not bench option.

He has played in 5 games, 2 of which he started plus one EFL game where he started - played a total of 198 minutes.

He played in Spurs 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th PL games and on bench for 1st and 3rd games in PL so it would NOT be possible for him to have 'played more games if he arrived earlier.

And after our 7th PL game he's been unavailable through injury - missing last 22 PL games, or roughly fit for 1 in 4 games - far from being LW in the squad better to leave him out .of the squad !

Had he arrived in N17 more match fit, likely them numbers would be even higher. Still, as of now, they still look like those of a starter and not bench option

And 3 of those starts were because Son was away on international duty, he was then dropped and then got brought back in because Richarlison got injured before being dropped for a right winger playing out of position.....

He's not a starter for Spurs (though really should be on form right now) and if he signed, he'd be back up to a starting left winger.

Last edited:
He has played in 5 games, 2 of which he started plus one EFL game where he started - played a total of 198 minutes.

He played in Spurs 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th PL games and on bench for 1st and 3rd games in PL so it would NOT be possible for him to have 'played more games if he arrived earlier.

And after our 7th PL game he's been unavailable through injury - missing last 22 PL games, or roughly fit for 1 in 4 games - far from being LW in the squad better to leave him out .of the squad !
Was talking about Werner

He [Werner] wouldn't even be here if Solomon & Perisic hadn't got injured.

We paid them by giving the proceeds of the pre season friendly to them.

Bro just wants more money, he should ask Zelensky to lend a hand as he's already successfully extracted billions from the West in an elaborate money laundering scheme
Fuck this comment man.

Meniscus injuries that require surgery multiple times are really not good - as a person whos had two bad ones and one surgery, my knee was totally fucked at 30.
He will continue to get them for the rest of his career and have long term issues like Ledley had - sorry but get rid asap.

Back
Top Bottom