Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So glad they brought in an 'injury expert' to give us that invaluable update :pritchardeyes:

"Based on the comments from Ange, it sounds like an injury that is taking longer than expected to come back from"

Bit of a mess that article; the way it's written.... But the key comments seem to come from this Dr Brar bloke.

I think that's probably correct - but for different reasons.

He only played about 20 odd games for Fulham last season due to fitness and only 5 so far this season for us.

Looking back over the time since he debuted in 2016 he's not averaged more than about 20 odd games a season.

I suspect the medical he had when joining Spurs showed no significant issues ongoing but its clear there are, and ultimately we can't afford to have a dedicated squad place to someone who's fitness means he might only be fit for 20 odd games a season - its not really been an issue this season as not being in europe means we've only be playing once a week, but its quite possible we would not have signed Werner on loan had Solomon been fit.

Signing him probably seemed low risk - a free transfer with at least average fitness - but its not turned out that way.

Question is how we might off load him given he's played so little and even if he is fit enough in a couple of weeks I suspect he'd only get minutes off the bench. Maybe a short loan over summer to a league that's playing then like Sweden or even a south american league ?

That way he might be attractive to a lower PL or overseas club, but rumoured to be on £60k pw (£3m pa) he's going to need to find an affluent club.
Blimey, I didn’t realise he was that injury prone!

Yep shift him on in the summer if we can.

This could be Karma.

Daniel Levy sniffed a massive opportunity. A £15-£20m player on a free.
There's no losing here. He can be a useful squad player for a year and then flip for immediate profit.
And then.........

I think that's probably correct - but for different reasons.

He only played about 20 odd games for Fulham last season due to fitness and only 5 so far this season for us.

Looking back over the time since he debuted in 2016 he's not averaged more than about 20 odd games a season.

I suspect the medical he had when joining Spurs showed no significant issues ongoing but its clear there are, and ultimately we can't afford to have a dedicated squad place to someone who's fitness means he might only be fit for 20 odd games a season - its not really been an issue this season as not being in europe means we've only be playing once a week, but its quite possible we would not have signed Werner on loan had Solomon been fit.

Signing him probably seemed low risk - a free transfer with at least average fitness - but its not turned out that way.

Question is how we might off load him given he's played so little and even if he is fit enough in a couple of weeks I suspect he'd only get minutes off the bench. Maybe a short loan over summer to a league that's playing then like Sweden or even a south american league ?

That way he might be attractive to a lower PL or overseas club, but rumoured to be on £60k pw (£3m pa) he's going to need to find an affluent club.

I mean, no hate towards the guy or anything, but I have a weird feeling that it was a speculative shot from outside of the box that went to 40th row.

With Perisic being already offloaded and Gil 100% written off too, we are certainly in the market for high-end winger. Someone in 50-70 million EUR bracket + possibly signing Werner too.

I've got a weird feeling we will just release him so he can find another club in the summer. We will not get a fee for player that missed a whole season and has had injury issues before as well + who is most likely on quite good salary until 2028.

It now was 6th season in a row when he has played max 2000 minutes of competitive football. Actually 2000 being achieved also once in that 6 year period, average being roughly on 1400 minutes (equivalent of 15,5 full games!)

Ofc might be that I as a fan (and we as fanbase) are massively overreacting and everyone in the club still value him highly, and he will try again in the start of next season - no way of knowing as of now. Just my gut feeling somehow swings to first scenario.

I think his contract ran out during Covid, when Shakhtar didn’t play any games. So we got him on a free after they had carried his wages for a year when he didn’t play. They want compensation and we won’t pay. I think that is the gist of it.

We paid them by giving the proceeds of the pre season friendly to them.

Bro just wants more money, he should ask Zelensky to lend a hand as he's already successfully extracted billions from the West in an elaborate money laundering scheme

I think his beef is that fifa announced all players contracted to Russian and Ukrainian clubs could walk away from any contracts shortly after Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Solomon joined Fulham for one year, at the end of which he had 6 months left on his Shakhtar contract (if it had not been torn up by fifa's ruling). He then joined Spurs as a free agent from Fulham - even if the Shakhtar contract still been valid his value would be tiny given 6 months left on contract etc.

Spurs arranged a preseason game with Shakhtar, proceeds the club, with senior officials from club attending that game.

Whatever their gripe, fact is that Solomon is not worth very much because of his injury record over last few years.

We paid them by giving the proceeds of the pre season friendly to them.

Bro just wants more money, he should ask Zelensky to lend a hand as he's already successfully extracted billions from the West in an elaborate money laundering scheme
According to Wiki we gave them 100k but they are after 6 million.

Back
Top Bottom