Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His country are at war and he made a social media post… Ordinary people in his country were killed and there is an army that want to kill more of them.

Is anyone surprised?

If we had a player with family in the Gaza Strip would you not expect them to make a post? Ordinary people in their country were killed and there is an army that want to kill more of them.

At the end of the day, getting caught up and emotional about the fucking social media posts of ordinary people is a distraction from the real perpetrators of war.

This is a politicians war. This is an arms dealers war. All of us, regardless of what nonsense “side” we’ve decided we feel strongest about need to remember who it is that wants to use war to their own benefit.

I didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.

No different with Solomon. I think we just need to be grown up about these things.
It mystifies me how people can get so het up about someone's opinion, be that Solomon's or Moura's, as here, or Lineker's or J. K. Rowling's in the wider world.

So fucking what if you disagree with them? I disagree with my wife on some things from time to time, should I divorce her? My sister's family are deeply religious, I'm an atheist - should I disown them or they me?

Back in full training and will probably be in contention to play against City.

Seems like some of our fans don't want him to play for us since his Tweet about the Israel/Palestine conflict, what's the consensus here?
I didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.

No different with Solomon. I think we just need to be grown up about these things.

Back in full training and will probably be in contention to play against City.

Seems like some of our fans don't want him to play for us since his Tweet about the Israel/Palestine conflict, what's the consensus here?

Got no issue with him playing at all. He's allowed his opinion. The mob on twitter who want him gone can get fucked.

I think footballers on BOTH sides should stay the fuck away from all this - unless they genuinely know what they're talking about - which, to he fair, some actually might!
El Ghazi has been banned by Mainz, and the fella from Nice has also got into hot water about speaking out in favour of Palestinians....

Not to mention this;
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Woolwich-elneny-israel-hamas-palestine-31167814
(why does this not load as a link btw)
Let's see how that plays out over the next few days...

To his credit (but probably due to his higher profile) Mo Salah has stayed out of it... But guess what? Has come in for criticism for doing so:

Seriously, wtf ARE they supposed to do?

It's not often I pity professional footballers, but in this case, it's a mess whatever side they're publicly, or privately on!

Last edited:
Hello friends,

As an Israeli whose country is experiencing a war from several borders (Lebanon and Gaza), I felt the need and desire to write a few things here.
On Saturday, October 7th at 6:30 AM (a holiday and rest day for Israelis) the terrorist organization Hamas breached the Gaza-Israel border (which consists of 3 fences, cameras, weapons, tanks) with 3000 terrorists who entered Israel's borders and murdered 1300 innocent civilians ! and kidnapped 210 civilians into the Gaza Strip!
I want to write many more things here, but due to the limitations of the forum and my time I will not write.

First, regarding Menor, you have to understand that the State of Israel is currently in an existential situation! We are dealing with 2 countries at the same time when 2 more can join at any given moment!
Our advocacy in the world is terrible due to the great anti-Semitism and the growth of Islam in the West.

The State of Israel consists of 10 million Jews, we cannot fight against the lies of Arab countries.
Manor plays in a very popular team with a very large audience and from his interviews in the national team and in my country I believe he feels a strong need to make a big announcement in the UK! In my opinion, there is no factor nor his family that pushes him to upload posts and stories to his page.
I just want to point out that the channels in the UK such as the BBC are not at all accurate in the facts, Hamas was not called a terrorist organization and there were several false reports that the Israeli Air Force bombed a hospital in Gaza. (Which in the end turned out to be a mistake by the Gazan organization - Palestinian Islamic Jihad)

I know it's very easy, popular, and trendy to shout free Palestine, but it's important to me that you understand that most of the people who shout it don't even know where the State of Israel is on Earth or who was the first prime minister of the "state" of Palestine or even what the name Palestine means.

I suggest to those who do not know the facts to simply not speak and throw slogans. For those who are interested in the discussion, I would be happy to talk about it in detail in private or here.

May we know better days than these

didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.
Exsctly right.
The couple of cunts on here that called for Lucas to be sacked because he didn’t share their worldview need to fucking grow up.

The world is a big and diverse place and not everyone that you work with is going to share your political point of view.

Lucas takes a biblical view on homosexuality— one I don’t share — and votes accordingly. To my knowledge, he isn’t calling for criminalization, detention or the death penalty for gays. There shouldn’t be a fucking political litmus test to play on a team and any supporter trying to dictate otherwise should fuck off and find another team or sport.

Here I fully agree mate.

It really wasn't in Solomon's interests as a player building his career and not knowing where his next contract comes from. Every athlete should remember that it's in their interest to remain as politically distanced as possible. You want fans from as many walks of life as possible to identify with you as an athlete.

Where I don't agree is the club, or anyone really, telling him not to post or say anything. That's his call and his call alone.
I agree to a point, but if we're honest very few of us here have any comprehension of what it's like to be in his position right now. He probably shouldn't be saying anything, but then it's so easy for us to sit here in relative safety and with all our friends and family in relative safety. I just cannot bring myself to lecture him. This isn't just a minor tit-for-tat skirmish, there are people who want him and his entirely family exterminated on the basis of his ethnicity alone. Wiped off the face of the planet. It would take a better man than I to just be quiet in case I upset someone on the internet.

He’s a different style of option, can only be a good thing
I genuinely think he'd have directly beaten and crossed accurately more times than the alternatives. Bravery is a big part of this and I feel like that's more natural to him than to some i'll not mention. I mean Aaron Lennon wasn't that most tactically brilliant but he was fearless and his mentality was top notch he just kept at you. I'm glad to have Solomon back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom