Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted a photo on Instagram of the hospital explosion with a post underneath that Palestine were killing their own people and blaming Israel for it.
He was proved right BTW , anyway he seems like a good kid and its best to avoid politics for him

I didn't like Lucas Moura's political views but I still supported the player.

No different with Solomon. I think we just need to be grown up about these things.
It mystifies me how people can get so het up about someone's opinion, be that Solomon's or Moura's, as here, or Lineker's or J. K. Rowling's in the wider world.

So fucking what if you disagree with them? I disagree with my wife on some things from time to time, should I divorce her? My sister's family are deeply religious, I'm an atheist - should I disown them or they me?

Back in full training and will probably be in contention to play against City.

Seems like some of our fans don't want him to play for us since his Tweet about the Israel/Palestine conflict, what's the consensus here?

Got no issue with him playing at all. He's allowed his opinion. The mob on twitter who want him gone can get fucked.

That's what separates the good managers from the great. Kane shouldn't have just been shoved into the final after missing all the other knockout games

Every manager will pick their star man regardless, we know what should have happened, the reality is that if that match was played again the same thing would happen.

You don't keep your star man out of the CL final because if you lose the match you face more question than answers if you hadn't picked him.

That's what separates the good managers from the great. Kane shouldn't have just been shoved into the final after missing all the other knockout games
I reckon Kane was adamant he was fully fit to get picked. There has always been a little ‘ me me me ‘ about Harry despite him being our most effectI’ve player.

I reckon Kane was adamant he was fully fit to get picked. There has always been a little ‘ me me me ‘ about Harry despite him being our most effectI’ve player.
Nothing to do with Solomon, but its another reason why Poch had to go eventually.

He built the squad off of being relentless and not having “favourites” he chose every match regardless of form. And then as the years went on, Eriksen, Kane, and others just became the XI if they had two working legs.

Nothing to do with Solomon, but its another reason why Poch had to go eventually.

He built the squad off of being relentless and not having “favourites” he chose every match regardless of form. And then as the years went on, Eriksen, Kane, and others just became the XI if they had two working legs.

Did he have favourites or did he just have XI great players to choose from and little else? I mean for the most part his players never played poor enough for long enough to warrant being dropped and if they did who was there in reserve to rotate out for? so fir me this particular angle of Poch criticism doesn't really stack up imv

That said he was seemingly happy to move on from Walker once he had his head turned and he dropped him for Trippier, tried to move on from Alderweireld at one stage when Sanchez first came in, quickly moved on from Bentaleb to Dembele despite him being an integral part of the turn around early on, moved Dier out of his favoured position for Wanyama and was also trying to move away from a reliance on Eriksen in his last season with the GLC & Ndombele (arguably trying to do so with Sessegnon fir Rose too)

Last edited:
Did he have favourites or did he just have XI great players to choose from and little else? I mean for the most part his players never played poor enough for long enough to warrant being dropped and if they did who was there in reserve to rotate out for? so fir me this particular angle of Poch criticism doesn't really stack up imv

That said he was seemingly happy to move on from Walker once he had his head turned and he dropped him for Trippier, tried to move on from Alderweireld at one stage when Sanchez first came in, quickly moved on from Bentaleb to Dembele despite him being an integral part of the turn around early on, moved Dier out of his favoured position for Wanyama and was also trying to move away from a reliance on Eriksen in his last season with the GLC & Ndombele (arguably trying to do so with Sessegnon fir Rose too)
All of your examples are proving my point, though. He was relentless regardless of talent at first. Walker was in 2017, Bentaleb was at the very beginning of his tenure, Wanyama too.

Eriksen is the one that sticks out most for me. He was absolute steaming shit for the entire first half of that season whilst waiting for his move. We won only 2 games in the league where he played more than 45 minutes from August until he left at the end of January.

GLC was brought in the day Eriksen left.

All of your examples are proving my point, though. He was relentless regardless of talent at first. Walker was in 2017, Bentaleb was at the very beginning of his tenure, Wanyama too.

Eriksen is the one that sticks out most for me. He was absolute steaming shit for the entire first half of that season whilst waiting for his move. We won only 2 games in the league where he played more than 45 minutes from August until he left at the end of January.

A bit loose with your definitions there,

Bentaleb lost his place in the second season, so yes early, Wanyama came in in his third season so early-middle then Sanchez in his 4th so late-middle, we then barely brought in players for a couple of years so it was stick with what you know/the only real quality we had. Like i say, the players generally served him well and barely had a run of games long enough to warrant dropping.

A bit loose with your definitions there,

Bentaleb lost his place in the second season, so yes early, Wanyama came in in his third season so early-middle then Sanchez in his 4th so late-middle, we then barely brought in players for a couple of years so it was stick with what you know/the only real quality we had. Like i say, the players generally served him well and barely had a run of games long enough to warrant dropping.
Eriksen was angling for a move and playing shit football for an entire half and kept getting picked. Dele had a hammy and look like shit that same year, but was being flogged whenever he was deemed fit. Kane we all know got thrown in immediately once he told the gaffer he could squat for a shit unattended.

Fair enough point that Levy didn’t back him and looking at our windows from then, it’s pretty grim. But my overall point is that he got to the point that he was going to go down fighting with the guys that got him there and it was clearly a losing battle.

Werner/Solomon
Son/Richy
Kulu/Johnson

Is pretty good depth now.

Key issue when Son is back is whether we persist with him on the left and Richy through the middle. Don't think he's great out there anymore.

But Richy can't be dropped right now and Son always plays. Interesting decisions ahead for Ange.

It mystifies me how people can get so het up about someone's opinion, be that Solomon's or Moura's, as here, or Lineker's or J. K. Rowling's in the wider world.

So fucking what if you disagree with them? I disagree with my wife on some things from time to time, should I divorce her? My sister's family are deeply religious, I'm an atheist - should I disown them or they me?
I think it depends on whether your opinion, made on your huge platform, allows others to be harmed, as it does with JK Rowling. Which is funny for her who pretends to be a man to flog her shitty crime books.

It would be interesting to see what he can do before Son returns and he is riding the bench. Maybe he could start on the left with Werner right v Brentford.

Steaming in a little late with the correction here but no he wasn't, GLC was brought in by Poch in the summer TW roughly 6 months prior to Eriksen leaving in the January TW under Mourinho.

You're welcome.

:nunothumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom