Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

🗣 Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin on Manor Solomon's transfer to Tottenham:

"Since October, we have been diligently engaged in negotiations with Tottenham. But finally Tottenham has not acted in a manner that reflects the principles of fairness and equity. In this situation, we feel a sense of disrespect from Tottenham. If you go deeply in my feelings during these months we have negotiated. Actually, we would like to appeal to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to act in good faith and uphold the shared values of the European football family to find a fair way to compensate us in this transfer, what we are talking about."

"They offered something but it is not even serious what they offered. It is something like peanuts to show they are ready to give something but this is not comparable with what they received. A club like Tottenham cannot behave like this. It is a top, well-known worldwide club and to behave like they are doing is very strange. We negotiated with them for many months, we respected them and we didn't ask to be honest for some kind of huge amount. We didn't even ask for money. We said 'OK, give us a sell-on fee for the future'. When you receive a player free and this player is worth €20m - the transfer market always undervalues players - it means something."

"It means we developed and invested in this player. You should respect our work. If we all say we are one football family and after that you receive a player for free and don't pay attention to our side, it is not fair."

"For me, 20%, 30% would be fair value. In this situation that would be fair value. We are going to bring legal action against Spurs if needed. But in any case, why I am appealing to the chairman of Spurs is because I believe he will give his hand and support us."

"We have war in the country and they should pay attention to this. When the war started in our country, the whole democratic world supported us. I am appealing to this kind of moral, to help us. But in any case, in our arguments with FIFA, yes we lost in CAS and it is difficult to fight against the system. But in any case, we believe if clubs receive something for free it is unjust enrichment. We will go to court and do our best to get some kind of compensation because we invest a lot of money into players and it is not possible to have this kind of situation. We need to share our problems and get help from clubs. If FIFA and the ECA say we are one football family, we should be a family and not like this."

🗣 A Tottenham spokesman said:

"We made a donation to Shakhtar's foundation following the friendly last summer and we continue to discuss this situation with them but not via the press."

#COYS #THFC #Tottenham #spurs

"For me, 20%, 30% would be fair value. In this situation that would be fair value. We are going to bring legal action against Spurs if needed. But in any case, why I am appealing to the chairman of Spurs is because I believe he will give his hand and support us."
You ask people how much they want for an article and they say £5 or £10.
What fool offers them £10?
Would not want this guy negotiating on my behalf.

"Since October, we have been diligently engaged in negotiations with Tottenham. But finally Tottenham has not acted in a manner that reflects the principles of fairness and equity. In this situation, we feel a sense of disrespect from Tottenham. If you go deeply in my feelings during these months we have negotiated. Actually, we would like to appeal to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to act in good faith and uphold the shared values of the European football family to find a fair way to compensate us in this transfer, what we are talking about."

"They offered something but it is not even serious what they offered. It is something like peanuts to show they are ready to give something but this is not comparable with what they received. A club like Tottenham cannot behave like this. It is a top, well-known worldwide club and to behave like they are doing is very strange. We negotiated with them for many months, we respected them and we didn't ask to be honest for some kind of huge amount. We didn't even ask for money. We said 'OK, give us a sell-on fee for the future'. When you receive a player free and this player is worth €20m - the transfer market always undervalues players - it means something."

"It means we developed and invested in this player. You should respect our work. If we all say we are one football family and after that you receive a player for free and don't pay attention to our side, it is not fair."

"We have war in the country and they should pay attention to this. When the war started in our country, the whole democratic world supported us. I am appealing to this kind of moral, to help us. But in any case, in our arguments with FIFA, yes we lost in CAS and it is difficult to fight against the system. But in any case, we believe if clubs receive something for free it is unjust enrichment. We will go to court and do our best to get some kind of compensation because we invest a lot of money into players and it is not possible to have this kind of situation. We need to share our problems and get help from clubs. If FIFA and the ECA say we are one football family, we should be a family and not like this."

"We made a donation to Shakhtar's foundation following the friendly last summer and we continue to discuss this situation with them but not via the press."

Shakhtar bought Solomon for $ 6m , they didn't develop him,

He had 18 months left on his contract when he joined Fulham, which is when Fifa declared that any players contracted to a russian or ukrainan club could suspend their contracts until June 2024. FIFA extends and adapts temporary employment rules to address issues relating to war in Ukraine

Solomon had 6 months left on his (suspended) contract when he signed for Spurs and that contract would have terminated on 31 December 2023, before the 30 June when under the fifa rules the contract suspension was due to end. So when Spurs signed him he was in effect a free agent due to fifa rules - so Shakhtar's beef is with fifa not Spurs.

Even disregarding the fifa rules he had 6 months to run on his contract and with his injury record was not worth much - certainly not the 6m Shakhtar claim.

Spurs have played Shakhtar in a preseason friendly giving them the proceeds.

Given fifa's rules were ratified by CAS I doubt if they have a legal case against anyone at all.

I doubt if Spurs are that interested in retaining Solomon due to his injury record, and I doubt if anyone else will pay much, if anything, for Solomon in June.

This signing was a total waste of time. He’ll never do anything here.

Despite people clinging onto the usual he will come good faith. It’s not happening.

His injury record is dodgy. We took a punt on his five minutes of form at Fulham hoping the injury record was behind him. It wasn’t. And he’s nowhere near good enough to justify having him on the payroll to be mostly unavailable.

This signing was a total waste of time. He’ll never do anything here.

Despite people clinging onto the usual he will come good faith. It’s not happening.
Unfortunately I think you may be right. It's a shame though, as he looked quite promising in the one game he did participate in. At worst, think he wasn't a bad bench option to bring on when the opposition tired. But we can't keep people on the books who are permanently crocked, just not sustainable.

Getting him on a free always seemed to feel like an opportunistic way to be able to quickly sell on for profit.

Get rid of him and Gil in the summer and replace them with Werner as depth.

Getting him on a free always seemed to feel like an opportunistic way to be able to quickly sell on for profit.

Get rid of him and Gil in the summer and replace them with Werner as depth.
Or we can get rid of all 3 and actually sign quality players. That’s possible.

This business of replacing average with more average never works.

The guy just sounds like a giant fucking baby.

Back
Top Bottom