Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I may be wrong, but all this talk of Van Gaal and Ancelotti seems to be 'pie-in-the-sky' wishful thinking...... seriously, if you were them, would you come to Spurs? We may think we are the best club in the world, but if we took a reality check, we are not top notch. If we were, Modric/Sheringham/Bale/Carrick/Berbatov (the list is endless) would have stayed and we could then consider ourselves real heavyweight contenders. Think we are more likely to get Moyes (deja vu?) or Laudrup or even stick with Timmie. As I said, I may be wrong.......

I may be wrong, but all this talk of Van Gaal and Ancelotti seems to be 'pie-in-the-sky' wishful thinking...... seriously, if you were them, would you come to Spurs? We may think we are the best club in the world, but if we took a reality check, we are not top notch. If we were, Modric/Sheringham/Bale/Carrick/Berbatov (the list is endless) would have stayed and we could then consider ourselves real heavyweight contenders. Think we are more likely to get Moyes (deja vu?) or Laudrup or even stick with Timmie. As I said, I may be wrong.......
Morrientes/Rivaldo/Eto/Guardiola
= Booth / Andy Reid / Rasiak /Ginger Pele
:levylol:

Fair point but they may take a look at our squad, see the potential of it and the youth talent coming through and want to be the manager who took us to the next level... At least that's what I'm hoping!

It wasn't pie in the sky purely because we were the one PL club at the top end of the table who seemingly may have a vacancy this year and it fit in with LvG's declarations of wanting to come to England. What it looked like was a rare ray of sunlight where the stars were finally aligning for us to pull off a coup.

But, of course, for the first time in decades United had to go sack a manager. Spursy all the way.

Sigh...
EZcGQKZ.jpg

Guys - did anyone genuinely think we could land a name like him?

That's the equivalent of signing one of Real Madrid's or Bayern's best players

Money follows money, I'm afraid

Guys - did anyone genuinely think we could land a name like him?

That's the equivalent of signing one of Real Madrid's or Bayern's best players

Money follows money, I'm afraid
Well he said he wanted to come to the Prem. I really felt it would have been possible if ManU had held onto Moyes and no other big clubs in the Prem sacked their managers.

Well he said he wanted to come to the Prem. I really felt it would have been possible if ManU had held onto Moyes and no other big clubs in the Prem sacked their managers.
I had Portuguese Preggo chicken with potato wedges for dinner last night. It was exquisite.

I think a lot depends on how Giggs does.. If they win their remaining matches with style then I think he has a good chance of getting the job.
The fans seem to want him, they could also mould him, where as a few egos at the club would feel threatened by someone as strong as LVG.

No way, not at all IMO.
Giggs to be on the coaching staff to be groomed for a later date? Absolutely, I buy that - and it gives the new manager an 'in' with the fans as well.
Giggs to take over one of the top 5 clubs in the world as his first ever role, having only just this season become a player-coach? Never, IMO.

No way, not at all IMO.
Giggs to be on the coaching staff to be groomed for a later date? Absolutely, I buy that - and it gives the new manager an 'in' with the fans as well.
Giggs to take over one of the top 5 clubs in the world as his first ever role, having only just this season become a player-coach? Never, IMO.

There could well be some truth in that.. It will come down to who the Window fitters take advice from.
I seriously don't think Fergie would want someone so powerful as LVG he knows that would be the end of his association with the team.
LVG would do it his way and have his own advisory team.

There could well be some truth in that.. It will come down to who the Window fitters take advice from.
I seriously don't think Fergie would want someone so powerful as LVG he knows that would be the end of his association with the team.
LVG would do it his way and have his own advisory team.

Depends on whether Fergie wants the best for Fergie or the best for Utd.
Personally I think that is a club that requires a strong manager, I dont think it is possible for Utd to be successful with a SAF-Patsy in charge

Back
Top Bottom